Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Originals have always been in the DNA of Orlando's event, especially its modern post-2000/Jack iteration. But it costs money to license even weird, niche IP, so the price has to be right, and a case has to be made to the folks in finance. (And - again, this one is crucial - there have to be people on the design team championing it.)

Pretty much what Clive said, IP's cost money in order to have them. And the more niche the property, the more they need folks in A&D to help give it a chance. If there's a niche IP that A&D isn't interested in doing, you know for certain that the higher ups who decide things aren't gonna' go for it either.

In some cases, it's better for A&D to do an original house of something as that can be an easier sell for the higher ups. And I feel the higher ups are more willing to take a risk on a niche/unique original house than an IP they have to pay licensing for.
Yeah lol I get that guys, thank you. The statement I was quoting was asking whether the event was too mass market for the passion project IPs. I’m just saying because originals are still successful and still ingrained in the event as it exists today, I don’t think under-the-radar IP would be an issue if there are advocates for it on the design team. Sure, licensing and money are a whole other issue (although if the budget to license 5 is there and there are only 4 one given year moving the marketing needle, I could still see a smaller IP beating out the cost of licensing Michael Myers or Leatherface for the nth time).

As a few, (including myself) have been talking about FNAF translating into a haunted house over on the FNAF movie thread, I figured this would be a better place for this discussion.

There are more than enough locations from the film for potential scenes.

- Pizzeria Exterior (facade)
- Pizzeria Lobby
- Stage/Dining Area
- Arcade/Play Area
- Backstage Hallways
- Security Office
- Kitchen
- Storage Room
- Nebraska Forest
- Mike's Home (Specifically when his Aunt is babysitting Abby)

So, I would like to point out that even if FNAF appears as a house for 2024, the property is no stranger to haunted houses. In the past, there has been an FNAF haunted house at Fright Dome in Las Vegas (RIP). More recently, and I don't know how official this was due to the little advertising there was. However, Scott Cawthon "apparently" approved it; at a complex in Saudi Arabia, there was an FNAF haunted house just this past Halloween season.

Even at events that probably don't boast the budget of Universal, the potential for a FNAF haunted house has been evident. While I may not personally be a fan of the property, I understand the appeal it holds for many for the IP to come to the event due to its abandoned family entertainment center setting and characters that resonate with a wide audience. Will it be a good house? That's another story, but the potential is there.

Last edited:
Speaking of the whole angle that Neil Druckmann was already passionate about HHN and wanted to do a house, just a little something to add to FNaF probably coming:

When I did the RIP tour, I learned from my guide that Scott Cawthon (the creator of FNaF) not only loves taking his family to USO a few times a year, but has also done the RIP tour on our coast every year since 2018. Take that as you will.

Wow, combine that with him seeing the movie multiple times opening weekend (undercover) just to experience it with fans ...

Reactions: TheCodeMan95
since Dreamworks land is opening, next year precisely Maybe a Dreamwork's Villains scare-zone? Just a thought Dreamwork’s has delved into adult Properties before.

Reactions: Ahmanet
since Dreamworks land is opening, next year precisely Maybe a Dreamwork's Villains scare-zone? Just a thought Dreamwork’s has delved into adult Properties before.
Come On Please GIF by NBA

So this came from Murdy, but I still think it's very much worth pointing out:

He has a concept for the more obscure monsters that most likely wouldn't consider 'classic' (Mole People, Big Brain Creature, etc.). So besides Creature (who would finish the roster for the main classics), it seems Murdy at least is willing to keep the UM houses going with the 'not-so-classic' monsters.

So this came from Murdy, but I still think it's very much worth pointing out:

He has a concept for the more obscure monsters that most likely wouldn't consider 'classic' (Mole People, Big Brain Creature, etc.). So besides Creature (who would finish the roster for the main classics), it seems Murdy at least is willing to keep the UM houses going with the 'not-so-classic' monsters.

1700420336197.jpeg

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet
My take on speculation
Gillman is next on the roster of Monsters.

Five Nights at Freddy’s is coming

Icon house probably.

The Strangers Trilogy gets a house, Promoting the Movies.

Weeknd returns ( Maybe?”) was done in
Singapore but I’m not betting on it.

A sequel to a original from the past.

Netflix IP

Chucky food booth and Photo Booth staying No House.

Urban legend original

My take on speculation
Gillman is next on the roster of Monsters.

Five Nights at Freddy’s is coming

Icon house probably.

The Strangers Trilogy gets a house, Promoting the Movies.

Weeknd returns ( Maybe?”) was done in
Singapore but I’m not betting on it.

A sequel to a original from the past.

Netflix IP

Chucky food booth and Photo Booth staying No House.

Urban legend original
Feel like an Urban Legend original is a Hollywood trope now.

What announcement happens first next year ... a house or full details of Epic Universe?
Lol, I don't think we're getting any house announcements until at least May.
Something EU related. Probably will get something in January if we're lucky.
Hope we get something soon, but I wouldn't be surprised if we get nothing for the first half of next year.

Reactions: saint.piss