Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

Halloween Horror Nights 33 (UOR) - Speculation & Rumors

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Ya’ll are missing a key aspect of the Sprungs that positively impact their overall performance that none of the other houses have that wouldn’t change if the tents are replaced: the Grill.

The Tent City green room has an employee grill right there in its break space. It’s the ONLY pair of houses that has it. That grill provides the casts with two things: an air-conditioned social space that isn’t slammed with sleepy scareactors and an almost unlimited supply of hamburgers and chicken tenders to keep them fueled.

The layout of the park makes it extremely difficult for green rooms to have regular access food like that. They have to bring in what they want at the beginning of the night and it has to last the whole night. Tent City gets to eat a full dinner midway through.

It’s actually a big perk of that area.

I will defend Depths of Fear till the day I die :hmph:

Seriously tho, I haven't been disappointed by a Sprung house since Dead Exposure. But I do believe the Sprungs reached their maximum potential at HHN 30. Which was also seen at 31 and 32.

While I didn't have enough time to do The Purge at HHN 25, that house has been regarded as being not so good and as I mentioned, Dead Exposure was disappointing. So it seems Sprung 1 does miss, but very rarely lol. As long as I've been going, Sprung 2 never misses. Even Hive was fantastic.

I can't express how badly I wish they had just made the monsters in that house amoebal. Aside from those costumes it was a perfect example of creating a scary environment for a conga line. The sirens, the eels coming down from the ceiling, the dog...dammit, (almost) everything worked for me, it was such a bleak, grizzly house.

Reactions: EnigmaticGear
Ya’ll are missing a key aspect of the Sprungs that positively impact their overall performance that none of the other houses have that wouldn’t change if the tents are replaced: the Grill.

The Tent City green room has an employee grill right there in its break space. It’s the ONLY pair of houses that has it. That grill provides the casts with two things: an air-conditioned social space that isn’t slammed with sleepy scareactors and an almost unlimited supply of hamburgers and chicken tenders to keep them fueled.

The layout of the park makes it extremely difficult for green rooms to have regular access food like that. They have to bring in what they want at the beginning of the night and it has to last the whole night. Tent City gets to eat a full dinner midway through.

It’s actually a big perk of that area.
I did not have "tendies" on my Bingo card for Reasons That the Tents are Great

So I see tents are being discussed but what about the second shrek theater? wasnt that kept empty for future hhn use? I figured it wasnt used this year due to cleanup from the work in that area but I assume it will be good to go for next year.

Also how will pathing be changed up with dreamwork's land being open?

Tents future may be in jeopardy
MIB tent come back?
Is FF house location here to stay?

So I see tents are being discussed but what about the second shrek theater? wasnt that kept empty for future hhn use? I figured it wasnt used this year due to cleanup from the work in that area but I assume it will be good to go for next year.

MIB tent come back?

Second Shrek Theater: At the moment, no. That is still not accessible for one reason or another. (Events currently doesn't have access to it.)

MIB Tent: After HHN 30/2021 they discovered a pretty significant issue which would cause quite the OSHA violation. It's not coming back.

FF House Location: Haven't seen any indication it's not returning, so it's most likely staying.

Second Shrek Theater: At the moment, no. That is still not accessible for one reason or another. (Events currently doesn't have access to it.)

MIB Tent: After HHN 30/2021 they discovered a pretty significant issue which would cause quite the OSHA violation. It's not coming back.

FF House Location: Haven't seen any indication it's not returning, so it's most likely staying.
Hopefully not derailing here but is this issue same reason Fear Factor is still standing?

• Wow
Reactions: Ahmanet

MIB tent come back?
Shrek Theater #2 doesn't even exist anymore :lol:

F&F is an ideal location for helping to spread crowds out. Considering that the MIB tent is out of commission indefinitely and the Villain-Con show building has a ridiculously small space to work with, there is no incentive for Universal to stop using F&F.
Hopefully not derailing here but is this issue same reason Fear Factor is still standing?
I think the project planned to replace FFL was killed off.

Would love to see a live action deathclaw.
I retract that statement ...
I'd take a live action Deathclaw over a Cazador easily lol

I was going to say that we could potentially have a TLOU situation if the Fallout series takes off in popularity - but I imagine an April release date may be a bit too late in that regard?

(Fallout is one of my wishlist IPs btw)

I'd take a live action Deathclaw over a Cazador easily lol

I was going to say that we could potentially have a TLOU situation if the Fallout series takes off in popularity - but I imagine an April release date may be a bit too late in that regard?

(Fallout is one of my wishlist IPs btw)
The TV series was announced in August, so Universal could've nabbed Fallout knowing the TV adaptation is on the way. But, this is all speculation lol.

The TV series was announced in August, so Universal could've nabbed Fallout knowing the TV adaptation is on the way. But, this is all speculation lol.
Possibly! I'm just not sure if they'd have done it without knowing how the show will be received (I imagine it's not a cheap IP to get, but I could be wrong!)

Reactions: Ahmanet
Not to get into announcements prematurely, but I’m wondering what you guys are thinking about how they will do it this year. The last couple of years have been pretty much IP announcements and then an originals dump. I’d much prefer the way they did it in 28 and 29, where they start in March/April and announce each house individually. I personally think it’s more likely that they do it the way they have been doing it recently. Thoughts?

Not to get into announcements prematurely, but I’m wondering what you guys are thinking about how they will do it this year. The last couple of years have been pretty much IP announcements and then an originals dump. I’d much prefer the way they did it in 28 and 29, where they start in March/April and announce each house individually. I personally think it’s more likely that they do it the way they have been doing it recently. Thoughts?

I'd imagine next year is a bit more complicated with Epic Universe announcements in the way.

I'd prefer the 28/29 method as well, but I'm leaning toward the latter for the same reason @UniversalRBLX gave. The marketing for EU will be ramping up heavily in 2024 - and to be quite honest, I almost wonder if they'd be better off trying to get things announced mostly BEFORE the summer.