HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen | Page 35 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 19 - Ripped from the Silver Screen

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Here we go...

bec9hu.jpg

I probably didn't do the soundstages correctly, was just throwing them all in the area that they are in.

Michael Roddy's Q&A Session

I thought I would make a summary of the questions and answers from the Q&A today.

• Sting Alley will not be used this year.
  • The usher is the icon for this year and will appear in the parks.
  • He wants a hoodie but is not sure if there will be one this year.
  • He hinted at a some sort of a dvd or book about HHN for next year.
  • The wolfman house will have a forest scene.
  • Horrorwood Die In will feature Psycho, Wolfman, The Strangers, and SAW
  • He said that Legendary Truth is always out there waiting and watching.
  • There will be a reference to Drag me to Hell.
  • He will make a cameo again this year like he did last year in interstellar terror.
  • There will be queue videos this year.
  • When asked about easter eggs this year, he said to look for the Meetz Meats signs.
  • There will be more website updates.

I thought I would make a summary of the questions and answers from the Q&A today.

• Sting Alley will not be used this year.
  • The usher is the icon for this year and will appear in the parks.
  • He wants a hoodie but is not sure if there will be one this year.
  • He hinted at a some sort of a dvd or book about HHN for next year.
  • The wolfman house will have a forest scene.
  • Horrorwood Die In will feature Psycho, Wolfman, The Strangers, and SAW
  • He said that Legendary Truth is always out there waiting and watching.
  • There will be a reference to Drag me to Hell.
  • He will make a cameo again this year like he did last year in interstellar terror.
  • There will be queue videos this year.
  • When asked about easter eggs this year, he said to look for the Meetz Meats signs.
  • There will be more website updates.

That's great! Thanks for sharing Ghost. :thumbs:

Here we go...

bec9hu.jpg

I probably didn't do the soundstages correctly, was just throwing them all in the area that they are in.

I hate that Universal only uses half of the park for zones. Other than Cirque Du Freak, the back half of the park is zoneless. They should really have put something through Amity.

Nah. Amity is horrible at handling the capacity that comes through there. With SAW being right there and B&T traffic, it's the biggest cluster **** in the park.

I hate that Universal only uses half of the park for zones. Other than Cirque Du Freak, the back half of the park is zoneless. They should really have put something through Amity.

Logistically, they won't put anything in Amity. They have a house, an attraction, and a show exiting in the same general area, not to mention the midway games. It's best to have something in San Francisco than in Amity.

It's a capacity night mare. Needless to say there were 2 "overflow" zones last year. The roving zombies and the CDT. I don't know if there will be anything like that this year but it obviously won't be CDT.

Nah. Amity is horrible at handling the capacity that comes through there. With SAW being right there and B&T traffic, it's the biggest cluster **** in the park.
Couldn't have said it better myself.

Roddy also mentioned, and I quote, "When the time is right, you'll hear Jack's laughter again".
I'm thinking there might be a reunion next year.

I'm feeling there will be rogue scareactors back there as Jake pointed out.

I think we'll see the return of the World Expo zombies or atleast something similar in the area. There really is a ton of space between Amity/KidZone that's just dead. I guess it's cool to have a safe zone here and there, but that's just too big of a dead zone.

I think we'll see the return of the World Expo zombies or atleast something similar in the area. There really is a ton of space between Amity/KidZone that's just dead. I guess it's cool to have a safe zone here and there, but that's just too big of a dead zone.

Agreed. I think Universal realizes this also. I wouldn't be surprised if there was some sort roving scareactors. Just to keep you on your toes....

Well if not Amity then something back there. Just wondering did they have chainsaw clowns come out in front of The Simpsons last year? That idea works really well with Krustyland.

Well if not Amity then something back there. Just wondering did they have chainsaw clowns come out in front of The Simpsons last year? That idea works really well with Krustyland.

Usually they like to keep the chainsaws in one section of the park.

Last year, they were located at Disaster!/Doomsday, in '07, same area. This year it's in Hollywood, which I think is in awesome location. A ton of room for them to roam and I'm sure there might be a few more then there are in San Fran.

Another reason there is nothing in Amity I would speculate is $$$$. The games make a whole lot of money on HHN nights and when they are covered in fog and in the middle of a scarezone they are empty. When I first was training for IOA in 97 we worked the games at HHN a couple nights. They had the midway of the bizarre scarezone in Amity. The fog was so thick people were literally falling over the benches, curbs, running into the poles. I was working at the quarter pitch game and was soooo bored. Nobody coming over at all, just screaming and hauling butt through there. I started yelling over the microphone, run to the light, the only safe places are the games. Had fun, but overall I don't think the games made crap for money those nights. Just an opinion.

Another reason there is nothing in Amity I would speculate is $$$$. The games make a whole lot of money on HHN nights and when they are covered in fog and in the middle of a scarezone they are empty. When I first was training for IOA in 97 we worked the games at HHN a couple nights. They had the midway of the bizarre scarezone in Amity. The fog was so thick people were literally falling over the benches, curbs, running into the poles. I was working at the quarter pitch game and was soooo bored. Nobody coming over at all, just screaming and hauling butt through there. I started yelling over the microphone, run to the light, the only safe places are the games. Had fun, but overall I don't think the games made crap for money those nights. Just an opinion.

The first year I attended HHN in 2001, they had Midway of the Bizarre over in Amity. The fog was so thick, you couldn't see 2 inches in front of you. Yet the games were all open and non one was playing them. People wanted to get past that zone as fast as possible. It truly was an amazing site to watch people hesitate before entering through the area.