HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread | Page 12 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I recommend NOT skipping The Purge show. It's an excellent blood-filled pyro-fest with 4 fire stunts. And you get to sit.

Skip Chucky though. That was crap. Although, since you have RIP, you wouldn't actually have to really wait.
Unless your on a time crunch see both

I see people calling Chucky crap....god I wish the crowds felt that way it was a 30 min wait last Thursday when I went

I was just giving a timeline of what we got done that night. We went again with a group the next night so we weren’t concerned with doing the shows that night. We also saw the Purge show last year as well.

Reactions: Clive
We also saw the Purge show last year as well.
Last year was pretty much a "technical rehearsal" compared to last year. This year is smooth & superior.

I see people calling Chucky crap....god I wish the crowds felt that way it was a 30 min wait last Thursday when I went
I saw it hit 45-60 a few times. Hell, Sunday night during opening weekend everything had "NO WAIT", while Chucky was 40 lol

Reactions: Jerroddragon
Upgraded Saturday to be Universal Express Unlimited! Both days will be UEU, but the first day is a "family" day with the second one being slightly loose (plus meeting @ethanuniversal for a bit), and I figured asking with the flexibility I have now--what should I do first post SNW Early Entry? I plan on spending over 90 minutes of my time in the land, as I figured that'd be enough time to do the minigames and Mario Kart a handful of times.

Excited to be going to the event!

Well was hoping scary farm would draw people away but the crowds here feel pretty healthy tonight

Hoping it is slow but will find out soon

Annoying experience tonight... I have FFP, but didn't get Early Entry tonight. Tried to line up for Dead Exposure at about 6:15 (which opened at 6:30), and was told if I didn't have Early Entry, I couldn't enter the line until 7. Nevermind the fact that I had already lined up for DE on at least two other occasions not long after 6 without having Early Entry. I asked if this was a policy change, and they just literally shrugged me off.

I went to the upper lot and was able to get in the Monstruos (which opened at 6:45) at 6:30 without any such issue.

Went to Guest Relations after and asked what was up. They contacted the maze supervisor, and was told the maze had a delayed opening, so they didn't want to let GA guests in line to create more of a back up, and that it was (hopefully) a one time issue. I'm not 100% I buy it... if it was delayed, why didn't the wait time say delayed, and why would they bother letting in all the Early Entry to back up?

Would like to hear if anyone else had experiences being turned away from mazes that open early when you don't have Early Entry (obviously not counting Insidious, Ghostbusters, TCM, and Weekend).

Reactions: Wesker69 and Clive
...was told if I didn't have Early Entry, I couldn't enter the line until 7...
I and some friends saw this last Sunday. Saw a line building up for the Weeknd and was like "Ah crap Imma have to wait thru all of this" but ended up being able to just bypass all of that because I had an early entry wristband (was Yellow). They were holding anyone who had a blue wristband off until 7pm hit, that was great for us and we pretty much just had a walk-on for Weeknd lol. It does suck if you don't have Early Entry and try to line up before 7 but I saw it as an absolute win on my end lmao.

I've had no issue hitting up Monstrous before 7pm ....it opens at 645 anyway, so they don't care.

I WAS going to go up tonight after LAHH rehearsal (or lack thereof), but it's 1130 & those waittimes are still LONG! I'll just wait until Sunday.

EDIT: HOLY S#@^! Insidious is at 100min & it's 12am

Last edited: