HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 2024: Tips, Tricks & Planning Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Honestly, on the whole, I don't think there's that much overlap with the general public between HHN and KSF. While of course there are many who do both, for the most part I feel HHN is seen as the "LA haunt" and KSF is seen as the "OC haunt"
Yeah, unless you live in the IE, you’re likely close to one and (approximately) a million miles away from the other.

Reactions: Rideguy70
The Weekend house is officially on the Early Entry list, so I get having to wait for that until 7 if you don't have Early Entry. But Dead Exposure is (as I understand it) not considered an Early Entry house, so it seems I should be able to get on it if it opens at 6:30.

Honestly, on the whole, I don't think there's that much overlap with the general public between HHN and KSF. While of course there are many who do both, for the most part I feel HHN is seen as the "LA haunt" and KSF is seen as the "OC haunt"
Wait....does that mean The Tram, Monsterous and Quiet place also aren't considered EA houses either?

So following up... went again last night... and same thing. Unless you have Early Entry, you will not be allowed to enter any houses until 7pm.

Confirmed this by talking to two different maze supervisors (DE: DV and Bloodlines). Both said that their superiors have informed them that even though their mazes open at 6:30 and 6:45 respectively, and are not "officially" on the Early Entry list, general admissions cannot even enter the queue until 7pm.

The DE: DV supervior even said he remembered me from last night, and while I can understand that it may not be his decision, he was pretty much a jerk in delivering the news and not apologetic at all, even though this is reversing a policy that has been otherwise for well over a decade or more now. They did let me into the Bloodlines queue early (prior to 7), but the supervisor there did admit they were not supposed to, and said the event is "evolving" and not everyone may yet be on the same page (especially when I mentioned that Monstrus let us in early). She was at least nicer about this news.

So just be warned: at least on paper, no GA tickets are supposed to be allowed into ANY maze until 7pm (and I noticed that is now printed directly on the wristband), but you may get lucky if that particular maze is not enforcing it or just don't notice. Honestly, I think this sucks and is totally a money grab to essentially force you to buy Early Entry.

If this policy continues, I don't really foresee myself getting FFP next year, because unless you can go/stay very, very late at night, there's not much value in it anymore.

That’s sucks but also until you guys said anything would have no use general could get into houses before 7 pm

If they can get general lines moving, that would make up for it but they keep cycling all or most express guests before even letting the general line move and that’s the real issue I see

Last night got busy but before 8 pm lines looked better then Thursday
Also via Facebook someone said the line for the terror tram was listed as 40 mins but was really only 8 mins to get on. So you might want to come view the line for the tram and not always believe the board

Reactions: saint.piss