HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Should I get express for Friday 10/15? I’m going the night before too, but I want to experience everything multiple times since they’re the only nights I’m going. I wasn’t sure if being in October on a weekend would affect the need for express in order to get the most out of the event.

Should I get express for Friday 10/15? I’m going the night before too, but I want to experience everything multiple times since they’re the only nights I’m going. I wasn’t sure if being in October on a weekend would affect the need for express in order to get the most out of the event.

October weekends are very busy.

Reactions: SeventyOne
I’m going in September this year but visited the past two years on those dates and have been the busiest days of the event. I mean like the lowest wait time was 70 minutes.

Going 2 nights during the week before Halloween (I know it'll be nuts but had to plan around work), and I got Express for my first night. Second night I figure I'll repeat any favorites depending on lines and enjoy the atmosphere. But I figured it was best to have at least one night with Express.

If you want to do multiple things and have express, I recommend still getting early to the park's entrance and doing all the short lines first. Utilize express for the more popular houses (Beetlejuice, Hill House) later in the night since the express line for them are long at the start since everyone wants to do those first.

Biggest tip at HHN: you can get in line 1 minute prior to park close and you'll still get to experience the house.

Reactions: kristenabelle
Biggest tip at HHN: you can get in line 1 minute prior to park close and you'll still get to experience the house.
Should be worth noting that although you can get in line 1 minute before, you run a strong chance of getting a “watered down” version of the house. Scareactors are just like any other job where they want to go home when their shift time is up. Also, the B Cast that you will get on a run through after closing time will already being running on fumes because they’ve done a full set.

I had a last minute run through of Ghostbusters at 29 where there were some scares missing, but that’s the trade off of waiting 10 mins instead of 2 hours in the middle of the event.

Hey y`all... is it at all possible to upgrade the BOGO from last year to a Frequent Fear?

This just reminded me I should post what I said in the speculation thread...

So regarding the possibility of upgrading your BOGO ticket to a FFP, this is what I found out.

Just got off the phone with guest services, and an upgrade from the BOGO is possible. The receptionist I had (who was honestly amazing) was able to eventually get the answers and to the site they needed, however they weren't able to find the RoF w/Express on the particular transfer/upgrade section which is what I needed. (However, they were able to find the regular RoF.) So their system might not be up to speed with everything just yet.

That said, he was able to easily refund the BOGO purchase (which'll arrive in 7-10 business days) and we were able to do a regular purchase of the RoF w/Express.

So if anyone is wanting to upgrade their BOGO, I'd probably wait a little and give it a shot. If not, get that refund going and purchase your FFP straight-up.

Yes, it's possible to do so over the phone. I'd personally wait just a little to make sure everything in their system is up to date.

Reactions: reeseyNG
This just reminded me I should post what I said in the speculation thread...

Yes, it's possible to do so over the phone. I'd personally wait just a little to make sure everything in their system is up to date.
Oh sick!!! I can’t tell if this is a false memory but I recall people saying you can only upgrade to Frequent Fear Ultimate… I’m assuming that’s not true tho?

thanks for the response btw :)

Predictions for Stay n Scream:
  • Finnegan's... I really don't know. You got TCM sure, but I'm getting a weird feeling it won't be that big of a crowd draw. I seriously think the main draw here will be for Icons.

• Springfield is definitely gonna be busier than it's normally been with Beetlejuice and HoHH being right there. Definitely do this as your stay-n-scream if ya don't wanna wait in a long line for those two I'd say. Plus you can then go to the other side and knock out the tent houses pretty quickly.

• WILD CARD! This probably won't happen, but every year I get a teensy bit hopeful that they'll do Diagon Alley Stay & Scream again. They did it for 2015 and again for 2016, but it stopped halfway through the event after Hogwart's broke down and regular guests ended up having to go through scare zones to get out, which I'd imagine was quite a night for guest services.

Oh sick!!! I can’t tell if this is a false memory but I recall people saying you can only upgrade to Frequent Fear Ultimate… I’m assuming that’s not true tho?

Guest Services was able to find the Rush of Fear on the transfer/upgrade part of the site, so I'd say it's not true the upgrade is only available for Frequent Fear Ultimate. An you're very welcome!

• Finnegan's... I really don't know. You got TCM sure, but I'm getting a weird feeling it won't be that big of a crowd draw. I seriously think the main draw here will be for Icons.

I think a more interesting prediction is how are they going to do a NY Stay and Scream when the usual exit is currently blocked off by scare zone props?

If memory serves me right it’s the rush of fear that can only be upgraded to an ultimate frequent fear since it includes Fridays and saturdays that aren’t included in the ff or ff+, that’s the boat I was in for 2019

I have a question, I am going September 26 - October 5th and plan on experience full nights on both Sundays and the Wednesday. Should I get express for any of those days? I have a Scream Early pass, but was curious if i should get express for any of these days.

I have a question, I am going September 26 - October 5th and plan on experience full nights on both Sundays and the Wednesday. Should I get express for any of those days? I have a Scream Early pass, but was curious if i should get express for any of these days.
Since you have multiple nights, it’s more of a preference than a necessity.

Wednesdays are quiet enough that you can do it all without express, but it still requires good planning and efficient use of time. Buying express for that last Sunday could be useful in ensuring that you get to see any favorite houses of yours one more time without having to sacrifice too much of your night.

Looking for wheelchair event info and tips. Will rent at front of park. DW will require one this year. Did some searching here and I know all houses are wheelchair (ADA) compliant. Will use mainly around the park , queues, and house to house. Not planning to use it in the houses but could near the end of the night. She is going just one night (Wednesday) and we will be doing S&S with Express. Will TM's relocate the WC from house entrance to exit if we don't use it in the house? Her fave S&S location is Finn's so will start from there. Does Finn' have a secure location to park WC's while we are inside? Thanks and appreciated!

• Springfield is definitely gonna be busier than it's normally been with Beetlejuice and HoHH being right there. Definitely do this as your stay-n-scream if ya don't wanna wait in a long line for those two I'd say. Plus you can then go to the other side and knock out the tent houses pretty quickly.

• WILD CARD! This probably won't happen, but every year I get a teensy bit hopeful that they'll do Diagon Alley Stay & Scream again. They did it for 2015 and again for 2016, but it stopped halfway through the event after Hogwart's broke down and regular guests ended up having to go through scare zones to get out, which I'd imagine was quite a night for guest services.

I still don’t think Springfield will be that crazy. It had Ho1TC and UCM in 2019, Insidious in 2015, and Halloween in 2014….never got that crazy. Additionally, those houses all had no waits the last 30 min of park hours. The die hard HHN fan houses are up front and so is TCM. I think it’ll be about the same as always.

Does anyone think they will add any nights this year? Tuesdays are pretty open in October… (looking at you, Oct 19th, when I will be in town l)

I'd wait till opening to see what S&S options are this year. I think with COVID and staffing there might be some changes to the concept.

The NY S&S worked well for them in 29 (enough space and several food/beverage locations), but that was when the two most popular houses were back there.