HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I honestly believe, due to TM staffing, there will only be one mega S&S in Central Park/Simpsons.

That is honestly a good possibility, they've got their two big IP's right there along with access to several other houses. An I just remembered, there's no exclusive for the first couple weeks UOAP Stay and Scream this year. That was always in Springfield, so it makes perfect sense it's not available since Springfield might be the only S&S location this year.

That is honestly a good possibility, they've got their two big IP's right there along with access to several other houses. An I just remembered, there's no exclusive for the first couple weeks UOAP Stay and Scream this year. That was always in Springfield, so it makes perfect sense it's not available since Springfield might be the only S&S location this year.
Were there only 2 S&S locations in 29? I can't remember. Man, I wonder how having one giant location would be like... Would it just be a free for all to get to any of the houses that are open anywhere in the park?

Finns itself was becoming problematic for S&S; w
Were there only 2 S&S locations in 29? I can't remember. Man, I wonder how having one giant location would be like... Would it just be a free for all to get to any of the houses that are open anywhere in the park?

I think so -- I believe the Hello Kitty one was retired that year, but I could be wrong. I know Diagon was no longer an option, even tho it is the best one ever.

I imagine a Springfield zone would feed select houses in the back by MiB and also in KidZone, same as always. If they clear the park from back to front, theoretically they could release S&S somewhat earlier than usual, maybe 5:30 - 5:40. On the flip side, if you really wanted to see a soundstage house, you'd probably won't make it up there until after the main gates have opened.

Any tips on navigating opening night? I only have 2 nights at the event which will be sept 3-4. I've been to HHN before, but only on week nights i.e wednesday/thursday, never been on a weekend before. Without express, I've always been able to do ~7 houses per night, but never did a weekend.
I know the usual tips like get to the gate early, stay and scream if possible, start at the back of the park yada yada...
But basically, I'm about to eat a 2 weeks quarantine by leaving Canada to come here, and I'd like any tips to make the most out of a historically busy weekend...

Thanks!

Reactions: n i c k
Hey everyone, new to the forum would love some advice.

I attended HHN28 when I was a passholder, did it for one night and managed to go through all 10 houses with the Passholder early entry and no Express pass, but that was all I did most of the night was wait in line.

This year I'm attending opening night (Sep 3) however I also bought Stay & Scream/Early entry and Express Pass. I'm assuming even with opening night crowds I should be able to get through all the houses and maybe a ride or two?

I attended HHN28 when I was a passholder, did it for one night and managed to go through all 10 houses with the Passholder early entry and no Express pass, but that was all I did most of the night was wait in line.

This year I'm attending opening night (Sep 3) however I also bought Stay & Scream/Early entry and Express Pass. I'm assuming even with opening night crowds I should be able to get through all the houses and maybe a ride or two?
You'll be 100% fine. First night of HHN last year I did Stay & Scream without express and my group did every house except Stranger Things. Welcome to the forums! :]

Any tips on navigating opening night? I only have 2 nights at the event which will be sept 3-4. I've been to HHN before, but only on week nights i.e wednesday/thursday, never been on a weekend before. Without express, I've always been able to do ~7 houses per night, but never did a weekend.
I know the usual tips like get to the gate early, stay and scream if possible, start at the back of the park yada yada...
But basically, I'm about to eat a 2 weeks quarantine by leaving Canada to come here, and I'd like any tips to make the most out of a historically busy weekend...

Thanks!

Outside of the tips you listed I really recommend resting up during the heavy hours and then marathoning till the end of the event. PLUS make use of the half-priced express for the last three hours of the event to clean things up.

You *should* be ok but remember that opening weekend ALWAYS, ALWAYS finds weird issues and hang-ups with operations. There will be an oddly laid out queue or something that just isn't working that they'll fix by the second weekend. So keep that in mind and go with god.

I'm really expecting the food to be the major issue for the opening weekend so make some CityWalk dining plans.

Thanks!

If there is a single Stay & Scream, and if it's Springfield, you might be better off concentrating up front when you get in, particularly Friday. Every vlogger and HHN fan in Orlando will be in that holding pen, and you won't have the majority of the crowd headed to the soundstages from Finns. In that case, maybe leave Brides/Tooth Fairy for later in the evening. Given the crowd I don't think those will be as jammed. Everyone there all about the new stuff.

Of course, we probably won't know definitively until about 4:00 pm that Friday what the Stay & Scream situation is.

Given the rising covid numbers and amount of cancellations I am hearing about on the disney side I do wonder how needed express will be. This could be one of the lesser attended HHN events. I dunno maybe they try not to pack the houses as much and the lines slow down even though there are less people.

Given the rising covid numbers and amount of cancellations I am hearing about on the disney side I do wonder how needed express will be. This could be one of the lesser attended HHN events. I dunno maybe they try not to pack the houses as much and the lines slow down even though there are less people.
Different demographics. I expect HHN to be as packed as ever.

Yea I would guess more solo travelers and people with no kids being a significant amount of visitors would keep numbers pretty strong for HHN in particular. But at least in my experience there was a significant amount of overseas visitors paying for express that arent coming this year. I could see the dynamic changing a bit.

Don’t know if this is the right place to post this, but it looks like I am going to opening night this year and I was wondering what you guys think (if anything) I should do differently as far as seeing as many houses as possible/avoiding super long lines. Isn’t it extremely busy opening night?

Don’t know if this is the right place to post this, but it looks like I am going to opening night this year and I was wondering what you guys think (if anything) I should do differently as far as seeing as many houses as possible/avoiding super long lines. Isn’t it extremely busy opening night?

It's extremely busy on opening night. Probably best to pack you patience, make a dinner reservation in CityWalk, and pick just a few houses to do for sure. Also look into that half-priced express the last three hours of the event.

spring for express. end of list.

other than that, do stay and scream in Springfield, do the Kidzone house that opens up, then in the following order - sprung tent that's open, MIB tent, the other sprung tent and the other kidzone. You'll have done half the houses in under two hours.

FYI, if you're visiting in October, I'd hold off on house order / route questions until after the first couple of weekends. I think this year is going to end up having very unusual crowd flow.
Probably right, but the order I listed above has never steered me wrong coming out of Stay and Scream.

Reactions: georgemoe and WAJAS