HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 30: Tips, Tricks, & Questions

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Don’t know if this is the right place to post this, but it looks like I am going to opening night this year and I was wondering what you guys think (if anything) I should do differently as far as seeing as many houses as possible/avoiding super long lines. Isn’t it extremely busy opening night?
spring for express. end of list.

other than that, do stay and scream in Springfield, do the Kidzone house that opens up, then in the following order - sprung tent that's open, MIB tent, the other sprung tent and the other kidzone. You'll have done half the houses in under two hours.

Doesn't the media do their walkthrough videos during opening night? If so, that might slow things down depending where they are. (Or not, I'm not 100% sure how things are effected when they do that.) Either way, I'd still expect a busy night and probably make a short list of houses I'd really want to see. I'd also say splurge on Express, though I've seen plenty a opening weekend video where they've run into some opening kinks on Express.

Doesn't the media do their walkthrough videos during opening night? If so, that might slow things down depending where they are. (Or not, I'm not 100% sure how things are effected when they do that.) Either way, I'd still expect a busy night and probably make a short list of houses I'd really want to see. I'd also say splurge on Express, though I've seen plenty a opening weekend video where they've run into some opening kinks on Express.
I realize I'm a bit more of a jerk than others, but ruining vloggers' videos does not bother me in the slightest. That said, I don't think that the couple of vloggers who will be running around will change anything.

Do we have any idea what attractions (non-HHN) will be open during the event? Any changes form the typical?

I think the typical were Mummy, Gringotts, MIB, Simpsons, and Transformers with Despicable Me happening a few times.

Do we have any idea what attractions (non-HHN) will be open during the event? Any changes form the typical?

I think the typical were Mummy, Gringotts, MIB, Simpsons, and Transformers with Despicable Me happening a few times.

You forgot RRR. Despicable Me hasn't been used since 2014. Fast and Furious was used in 2018 and 2019 with Simpsons only on peak nights, but I can see those switching this year given F&F's low satisfaction ratings and it's need to close at midnight for maintenance.

Is this really true?

Supercharged is one of the three rides which closes early during the event, Transformers and Gringotts being the other two. The latter two are no doubt maintenance related, so there might be some truth to that with Supercharged? Either way, lines are pretty much non-existent for that ride during HHN, so it wouldn't make sense keeping it open the entire night.

Would my visit to HHN be made worse by having any of it spoiled? On one hand, I want to be surprised and not have any opinions before I go, but there’s some houses like LT and Wicked Growth that I’m almost too curious to wait to see what they’re like.

Reactions: georgemoe
Would my visit to HHN be made worse by having any of it spoiled? On one hand, I want to be surprised and not have any opinions before I go, but there’s some houses like LT and Wicked Growth that I’m almost too curious to wait to see what they’re like.

Opinion's vary. I personally would say no because you can reasonably go through a house five times and have five unique experiences based on timing. Although you may know what some of the scenes look like and scares are supposed to be, it is different to physically go through it.

I don't think so but once the event starts I stop attending this site to avoid spoilers and opinions. The reason is I don't want the public opinion to influence the experience for the houses/scarezones. After the event is over though I like coming back here to see how my favorite houses/scarezones did with everyone.

Reactions: n i c k
I've never stay and screamed before, which pens are going to lead into which houses this year? What are you all's favourite to use?

I believe there might be only one large one due to staffing: central park waterfront to Simpsons. If so, then it'll release in the parade buildings and two OG tents, parade will likely open at S&S and OG tents shortly after.

If you are going multiple nights, go in blind night one, then read up on perceptions/opinions before you go the other night(s). This way, if someone points out a scare/effect you missed in their review, you can get an idea of where to look on the following evening(s).

There was a particular effect in the original Nightingale's that I saw on my first run through, but my other 3-4 runs I missed. Some people apparently never saw it, but at least they knew what they were looking for, where to look, and when to walk slower in an attempt to see the effect.

If you are only going one night, then that is entirely up to you.

Reactions: HalfGlass
Are they still doing an employee preview type thing? If so wouldnt we expect to see some early impressions/confirmation within the week?

Reactions: londonwerecat
This year, I’m only going to have one night to try and knock out all 10 houses. As much as I would love to see both shows, I know that getting through the 10 is my top priority.

The one night I will be attending is Sunday, October 17th with Scream Early but no Express. Should I realistically expect to be able to do all ten houses on that day with Scream Early and a solid house strategy? This is the first year I’m not in town for the event, so I usually stay away from the event the closer it gets to Halloween.

This year, I’m only going to have one night to try and knock out all 10 houses. As much as I would love to see both shows, I know that getting through the 10 is my top priority.

The one night I will be attending is Sunday, October 17th with Scream Early but no Express. Should I realistically expect to be able to do all ten houses on that day with Scream Early and a solid house strategy? This is the first year I’m not in town for the event, so I usually stay away from the event the closer it gets to Halloween.
It's possible, but those high capacity late October nights throw wrenches in your plans sometimes. I only go one night and I always get Express.

In my experience, Sunday nights have been getting busier and busier, especially in October. Since the vast majority of people have the day off, LOTS of people crowd the Stay and Scream zones

It’s possible, but man I really do not like going on Sunday anymore

We'll know more by then -- the Stay & Scream options, how crowds are running -- but historically that is a tough night to do it. Last half decade or so Sundays have been slammed from open on, and the later in October, the busier it gets. You may want to wait for spoiler-free reviews to see if there is a consensus dog of a house that can be skipped. And turning into a broken record on this, but if you can at least swing the late-night Express, strongly consider it. But again, I'd wait until we've seen this line-up in action to really begin planning.

This is my first HHN and i’m confused on how stay & scream works…do i have to pay extra for it?
Not per se. You do need a valid daytime (non-HHN) ticket. This can be a normal day ticket or AP or the Scream Early pass (which lets you into USF a few hours before normal park close). As long as you are in the park before close, you can stay in the dedicated S&S area. TMs will come around at that time after park close and check your HHN tickets and give you a wristband. Once they open up the houses early the folks will be let out from the S&S area(s) and can get early access to the houses.

Reactions: londonwerecat