HHN 31: Bugs: Eaten Alive | Page 4 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Bugs: Eaten Alive

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So this house might actually break me as I am already fighting an on going war with roaches and spiders at our home. They have me already paranoid enough when I get brushed by something at home, so it's going to be a fun house for sure.
This could be the best house to give you courage lol.

So this house might actually break me as I am already fighting an on going war with roaches and spiders at our home. They have me already paranoid enough when I get brushed by something at home, so it's going to be a fun house for sure.
They said there's spiders...I know they're going to use recluses and widows because they hate us

I'm really dreading this house in the best possible way

I used to get this feeling driving up to the parks as a little kid and haven't been truly nervous about a house in decades

I don't care if the house doesn't deliver, they've already struck the nostalgia nerve for me

They said there's spiders...I know they're going to use recluses and widows because they hate us

I'm really dreading this house in the best possible way

I used to get this feeling driving up to the parks as a little kid and haven't been truly nervous about a house in decades

I don't care if the house doesn't deliver, they've already struck the nostalgia nerve for me

I think that’s the most exciting thing about this house. This is the first time I’ve truly felt nervous to go through a haunted house since I was a child, and I miss that feeling.

For those of you who have done HHN Hollywood in 2011, they had a scare they did for Alice Cooper and La Llorona called "The feather ninja". They also had it for 2019's Creepshow that year. Basically, you would walk through a dark, black hallway and play loud sounds of things crawling around you. There would be an opening in the black hallway where a blackout (or "ninja") would tickle passerby with a long black feather that you couldn't see.

I'm just saying this scare would be perfect for this house. Have a dark, dim room with fake cockroaches everywhere with little to no lighting and then hit them with the feather ninja. Guests would flip.

Reactions: shiekra38
For those of you who have done HHN Hollywood in 2011, they had a scare they did for Alice Cooper and La Llorona called "The feather ninja". They also had it for 2019's Creepshow that year. Basically, you would walk through a dark, black hallway and play loud sounds of things crawling around you. There would be an opening in the black hallway where a blackout (or "ninja") would tickle passerby with a long black feather that you couldn't see.

I'm just saying this scare would be perfect for this house. Have a dark, dim room with fake cockroaches everywhere with little to no lighting and then hit them with the feather ninja. Guests would flip.
In a post-lockdown world, I'd imagine repeatedly touching multiple guests with the same object thousands of times a night would probably be a big no no, unless theyre sanitizing the feathers between each group, though idk whether that's considered much of a concern at this point on that coast.

That said, feather ninjas would be immensely effective here and I really really do hope they manage to do it somehow. Creepshow is actually a perfect example of how effective it could be, since guests are shown all this cockroach imagery and immediately after feel something touch the back of their neck or their arm in a dark hallway, pretty much implants the suggestion of the scare in the guests head without even needing to do much of the heavy lifting in itself. Really fun way to play with the natural function of suggestion in the brain. I don't recall a single instance where a feather ninja victim didn't have a visceral reaction in that house.

im starting to realize, if the bugs dont look very realistic or if they are colorful, then the house wont be as scary. specially if they look very rubbery (either the props or costumes or something)

colorful rubbery bugs will be more like toys

ek1mvQv.png

Reactions: shiekra38
In a post-lockdown world, I'd imagine repeatedly touching multiple guests with the same object thousands of times a night would probably be a big no no, unless theyre sanitizing the feathers between each group, though idk whether that's considered much of a concern at this point on that coast

They’ve confirmed they’re doing SIF again so I don’t think things touching guests is a concern for them anymore.

They’ve confirmed they’re doing SIF again so I don’t think things touching guests is a concern for them anymore.
If my memory serves me correctly, wasn’t SIF also used last year?

Yeah if they can use SIF, where thousands of guests are touching and putting their faces in it all night, I don’t foresee the feather being an issue.

im starting to realize, if the bugs dont look very realistic or if they are colorful, then the house wont be as scary. specially if they look very rubbery (either the props or costumes or something)

colorful rubbery bugs will be more like toys

ek1mvQv.png
You're forgetting the key point of theatrics.... "lighting". Lighting will always make a difference.

This is such a complicated house for me, in terms of anticipation. On one hand, I have a pretty big fear of bugs (specifically the flying/ stinging biting kind) so I am very nervous in walking through it. Especially after hearing the podcast’s description, and the fact that the creators are stressing it is almost impossible to walk through (their goal was to create a house that would make guests not want to finish.) But on the other hand, its the one original house I am most interested in just from the idea of giant B-movie Bugs and the title alone. Plus I was making a fan dream line-up last year, and one of those original houses coincidentally was themed to giant bugs. So this feels like a house that was pulled straight from my imagination into reality. As a result, I am constantly switching back and forth of wether I will be able to handle and enjoy this house or not. What do you think?

Also, Do you thinkt there might be alternate emergency exits in the house for people chickening out? Since they wanted to design a house where guests didn’t want to finish it? I can see this becoming a congestion problem if they went with the typical “one way” path from start to finish.

The house you love to hate, that is what Im hoping for. I Want to be Scared. That good jump scare is what Im hoping for

This is such a complicated house for me, in terms of anticipation. On one hand, I have a pretty big fear of bugs (specifically the flying/ stinging biting kind) so I am very nervous in walking through it. Especially after hearing the podcast’s description, and the fact that the creators are stressing it is almost impossible to walk through (their goal was to create a house that would make guests not want to finish.) But on the other hand, its the one original house I am most interested in just from the idea of giant B-movie Bugs and the title alone. Plus I was making a fan dream line-up last year, and one of those original houses coincidentally was themed to giant bugs. So this feels like a house that was pulled straight from my imagination into reality. As a result, I am constantly switching back and forth of wether I will be able to handle and enjoy this house or not. What do you think?

Also, Do you thinkt there might be alternate emergency exits in the house for people chickening out? Since they wanted to design a house where guests didn’t want to finish it? I can see this becoming a congestion problem if they went with the typical “one way” path from start to finish.

Yes I think there's always emergency exits in all houses.
And one trick my cousin did was put one hand over her eyebrows, face down. Look at the floor and hold me with her second hand. I guided my cousin and she never saw anything bad. If you aren't alone, if the house gets too much, just look at the floor and walk with one hand covering your eyebrows area.
( I think I even tried this with PURGE house because the flashing was too much. The constant flashing was too hardcore. I kind of covered my face while looking at the floor, but I was all alone)

And one trick my cousin did was put one hand over her eyebrows, face down. Look at the floor and hold me with her second hand. I guided my cousin and she never saw anything bad. If you aren't alone, if the house gets too much, just look at the floor and walk with one hand covering your eyebrows area.
( I think I even tried this with PURGE house because the flashing was too much. The constant flashing was too hardcore. I kind of covered my face while looking at the floor, but I was all alone)
Im going with a friend who jumped on my back piggyback ride style at a haunted house. I can NOT wait to watch her freak out in this house.
I had a wicked idea of putting a sign on her back.
I scare easy.

That’s always an option, that’s part of the Ops people’s job, if anybody wants to leave partway through they tell the nearest Ops TM and they can get out.

Reactions: TheCodeMan95

Thanks for the tip. However, I often go alone to HHN (to many of my friends are either too busy or too scared to attend). I get the one hand over your eyebrows trick. But the holding a person’s hand part can be problematic when you are a single rider. I also use ear plugs to block out most of the noise of all the HHN houses. So there’s that too. I also try to make humorous jokes and references at some of the scenes to make the houses less intimidating for me. It also helps to watch P.O.V videos on YouTube to familiarize myself with the scare cues and layout, if the house is TOO scary. I am waiting for that P.O.V video to drop down next week, just so I can finally see what the heck is in this house.