HHN 31: Bugs: Eaten Alive | Page 6 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Bugs: Eaten Alive

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Them: "Wow what a walk"

Me: "Wow, imagine how much capacity that queue could hold and take off the midway"

Also, don't act like you don't think it's cool to walk backstage

MIB backstage is boring lol

The only cool thing to see was the occasional ride vehicle disassembled, and that's already on the side you would previously queue for the tent.

Slightly off topic - but with the expected massive lines for the Weeknd, I'm surprised they didn't just put it in a soundstage.

As far as Bugs .. I mean, it can't be any worse than the walk to the parade buildings? ...R-right?
I mean the walk to and from the parade buildings seems worse altogether than the walk to and from Bugs. At least that has a short walk back to the park. The parades have a long walk both ways.

Reminder, they disputed the "live bugs" claim

I mean the walk to and from the parade buildings seems worse altogether than the walk to and from Bugs. At least that has a short walk back to the park. The parades have a long walk both ways.

I would rather the exit be a short walk tbh

Also the parade building is a total haul too and froe frfr

Going to be a YMMV house. I found it kitschy fun, but if you have any sort of bug phobia, sure it will be terrifying.

Lean into the "House of Tomorrow" gimmick at opening but quickly becomes "The Standard HHN Late 20th Century Suburban House" (TM).

Actors seemed to "get" that it's dark comedy, were enjoying themselves.

Not sure if just opening night or going to be a problem after every Nightmare Fuel but house was posted 40 -- Express took 35, friend in standby took close to 90. It's a long straight line, but kept stopping for minutes at a time last night.

Such a big disappointment.

Starts off great with the 50's room and the warning that bugs are taking over... But instead of a fun 50's house of the future, it just turns into Depths of Fear-style theming with mostly scientists and very few actual big bug scares.

I knew they were gonna rely a lot on victim actors but they didn't look that great in the vid .
I expected more

Reactions: HHN Maddux
Alright.

Last night, decided to give it another chance knowing it's a much more cheesy campy house rather than a creepy intense one, and I definitely liked it a bit more! Still probably biggest disappointment of the year for me, but it is a fun house. If they did a sequel next year (or later down the line) where maybe the whole town is taken over and it's much more serious and creepy I would be happy.

Also, I haven't been able to watch the full video that plays in the tunnel, does it explain why the air ends up mutating the bugs instead of killing them?

Last edited:
Reactions: ultimateforce