HHN 31: Halloween | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Halloween

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It's a reinterpretation of the original film in a soundstage, so it'll get the TCM treatment. I'm fine with it, not like it's a copy like AWIL in 2015 or happened more recently.
Just a matter of which one now.

What are the chances they go even further and it's the same spot as TCM? :lol:

Does anyone remember how the 24 version compared to the 28 Halloween house (I know different movie but just on the level of how good it was). Kinda hope its not as bad as the 28 house since its the original movie

It was amazing and is generally considered one of the all time best houses by most people that went to it. Much better than the 2018 one.

I was over-simplifying the argument but bottom line... There are a lot more of the "people who want it" than don't.

I get it. I do.

But The Shape prints money for them.
Oh absolutely, I totally understand that. I just hope it can capture the magic of that first house so I'm on the fence, but I'm sure I'll be totally giddy when I hear that music walking into the facade.

It's a reinterpretation of the original film in a soundstage, so it'll get the TCM treatment. I'm fine with it, not like it's a copy like AWIL in 2015 or happened more recently.

That's my thing, I definitely feel like there was a lot missing from the 2021 TCM house, but it definitely wasn't bad, i just hope that loss in translation doesn't happen again here. I hope that the intimacy and intensity of the 2014 house can be recreated here. Excited to see the Myers house in a soundstage though

Reactions: Vtbucsfan
"I'm so sick of Halloween (what, 7 OG movies, 2 Rob Zombie, now 3 in the latest series)...but I want the Icons evey year! I want more Jack!"

I don't get it. In my mind, an event called HALLOWEEN Horror Nights should have Michael at the event every single year.

Years ago (maybe on the old Vault forums?) I said they should do all the OG movies as houses or at least have Michael show up in one Original house every year and/or a Scare Zone.

Here's to hoping there's a Halloween scarezone near the house entrance or exit as well.

"I'm so sick of Halloween (what, 7 OG movies, 2 Rob Zombie, now 3 in the latest series)...but I want the Icons evey year! I want more Jack!"
Not necessarily the same people. I don’t want more Jack either! I would be more cool with a solo year for one of the other icons that have only had one solo year back in the early 2000’s, but Jack’s been there so many times and had his own year more than anybody else. I’m really sick of him. Even more so than that I do want some of the almost icons (Cindy and Eddie) to actually get their full year they were supposed to. That or a new original icon would be ideal, but yeah i don’t want Jack and don’t really want the other official icons much either.

Last edited:
I think 31 is the best time for a Halloween IP house given, well, the 31st lol. But I do hope they are able to make strides sometime soon to get the other big-name Horror icons like Freddy or Jason or others. It would go a long way to giving the event breathing room as opposed to alternating TCM/Halloween every few years.

I think 31 is the best time for a Halloween IP house given, well, the 31st lol. But I do hope they are able to make strides sometime soon to get the other big-name Horror icons like Freddy or Jason or others. It would go a long way to giving the event breathing room as opposed to alternating TCM/Halloween every few years.
Problem with Jason is the absolute nightmare trying to get those rights.

Freddy on the other hand...

I'm excited for it. I don't think there is anything wrong with a repeating a house from past years once in awhile. But I respect that not everyone shares that opinion.

My first event was 2016, so it'll be cool to see the OG in a house. I enjoyed Halloween 2 in 2016, Halloween 4 in 2018 not so much.

I find it odd that this would be in a soundstage though. Halloween feels like it should be in a tight, claustrophobic environment.

Halloween at HHN 24 is my top IP house ever, solidly in my top 5 of all time. That said, 8 years is about as long as the Disney Vault used to go, safe to assume there's a new generation of HHN-goer who never saw it. If anywhere near the same level, they are in for a treat.

I'd probably be more excited if we hadn't had Halloween 4 a couple years ago (tho even that was better than it had a right to be), but it's an iconic property whose owner seems to like the event. I'm ok with letting newer fans revisit a stone-cold classic, and maybe the new location can add something. TCM was a lot better in a soundstage than Disaster's queue or a tent.

But yeah, next year Season of the Witch please ...

Halloween at HHN 24 is my top IP house ever, solidly in my top 5 of all time. That said, 8 years is about as long as the Disney Vault used to go, safe to assume there's a new generation of HHN-goer who never saw it. If anywhere near the same level, they are in for a treat.

I'd probably be more excited if we hadn't had Halloween 4 a couple years ago (tho even that was better than it had a right to be), but it's an iconic property whose owner seems to like the event. I'm ok with letting newer fans revisit a stone-cold classic, and maybe the new location can add something. TCM was a lot better in a soundstage than Disaster's queue or a tent.

But yeah, next year Season of the Witch please ...
As much as I would like to see Season of the Witch, I'm kinda over Myers at this point.

Reactions: Ahmanet
The original Halloween house is consistently ranked in a lot of people's top 10 best houses of all time

Even if it's a scene to scene repeat, and has the same energy as the first time, it will still be amazing

However, I wonder if they are going to take some artistic liberty with this version and add in some more abstract elements

I honestly would love to see a take on Michael Myers similar to Dead Exposure 1.0

All that said, Myers is iconic, sells well, and this makes a ton of sense to have him in the event as much as possible

I feel that Myers is the "Jack" of the IP era...he just works

Last edited:
Oh absolutely, I totally understand that. I just hope it can capture the magic of that first house so I'm on the fence, but I'm sure I'll be totally giddy when I hear that music walking into the facade.

That's my thing, I definitely feel like there was a lot missing from the 2021 TCM house, but it definitely wasn't bad, i just hope that loss in translation doesn't happen again here. I hope that the intimacy and intensity of the 2014 house can be recreated here. Excited to see the Myers house in a soundstage though

I am hoping their reinterpretation does not involve cutting a facade. With TCM, it was pretty natural to do the gas station as the facade where the 26 version had the Sawyer house.

With Halloween, I’m not sure there’s quite as natural a replacement for the Myer’s house as the facade, so I would think - and hope - we see the house as the facade again this time.

Then again, I might just lack creativity and be a sucker for a basic house facade :grin:

Last edited: