HHN 31: The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare | Page 7 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I really dug this house, I was already going in pretty intrigued and excited, but add me to the boat that found this house more intense than I expected. It takes good advantage of all the disorienting funhouse and light effects to hit you with some pretty good scares, speaking of scares, this house actually gave me the two biggest single scares of my trip.

One was during my final run, where one of the first toad monsters got a real good one on me. I ended up off-balance and leaned up on the opposite wall while my legs proceeded to flail about trying to get back upright, but it was a Scooby-Doo moment as I was going nowhere and just kept sliding on the wall. I ended up laughing during it since it was all happening in slow motion, and it was amusingly absurd.

But the big one went to the toad further in house, I was distracted looking around the scene since the other one wasn't there. Next thing I knew they busted out with a point blank/in-your-face scare, and I hit the floor in less than a second. That is the 2nd time a scare hit me that good and it doesn't happen often. (The 1st time was the catacomb candle scare in Graveyard Games). What made it better was the couple behind me didn't see the monster, they only saw me hit the ground, and they were wondering what the heck got me. Right on cue, they turned their heads just in time for the toad to fly out of a different spot and destroyed them. Be careful what you wish for, folks! And then came the kicker, after the house the couple admitted to me, they thought the house was going to be straight garbage, but they ended up loving it. It's a statement I heard quite a bit over my trip, so both the design team and the casts are serving plenty of crow.

And yes, the queue is honestly a great vibe. It just puts everyone in a good mood and creates the right hype for the house, and it's a fairly sizable loop, too. The sing along to Save Your Tears can make for a cool moment, and the Dawn FM songs work incredibly well in here, especially Take My Breath, Don't Break My Heart and Sacrifice.

Credit for this goes to HungUpOnHorror, on the Discord they put together a great comment about just how brilliant this house is on a thematic level.

Remember that story-wise, this isn't just a walkthrough of his videos, we're in a machine projecting his nightmares and deepest darkest thoughts. The Blinding Lights mirror maze is about his self-reflection, the Save Your Tears section is him trying to forget about his regrets and troubles by getting high, then we're in a hotel hallway because he's seeing other girls, trying anything to recapture his lost love but to no avail.

Then at the train station, he's now a shell of what he once was, an unrecognizable monster, before killing himself (the train coming at us).

Then for the ending, he's unhooked himself from the chair, but now completely covered in white bandages, desperately trying to heal himself, but deep down knowing that part of him is long gone and will never return.

Last edited:
I was so excited for this house and it honestly still blew my expectations out of the water. This has become one of my favorite houses ever. So fun and inventive and surprisingly intense. Maybe we get a Dawn FM sequel house?

This one had some really creative ideas and they did the mirror maze from the Superbowl performance!!

Unfortunately, the scares didn't deliver until the last few scenes and then it just ended

However, I appreciate the creativity and it was a nice break from the standard HHN house

My only suggestion would be to play the music videos in the queue

Got to do this on 9/25 before the storm hit.

This ended up my being 3rd favorite house this year - really enjoyed the use of the music and the whole house just had an icky, weird feeling that I couldn't get enough of. Really bummed we only got to do it once!

Reactions: Darko
Anybody know which song is playing at the beginning, the very small room right before you see him in the chair?

Still shocked that a queue line for a HHN house was actually fun to wait in! Really dug the party vibe. A 60 minute wait in this queue vs. a "standard" queue is not even a comparison. Really hoping that music and queue videos become more standard in house lines.

The projectors they put up halfway through the event run should be there from day 1.

They also gotta stop using the rockit stage area as queue space (unless they really need it) since the event needs all the walking/seating space it can get now.

Does anyone know what remixes of the songs are the one that play throughout the house (if these mixes are even available)?