HHN 31: The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare | Page 5 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Yeah, but the queue will be stretching way beyond that area.
I think that's kind of why they are extending some visuals to the Barney area and some people confused it for a pre-show

I still think it's some crossed communication and we will get what we've always gotten

Soundtracked by six of The Weeknd's songs — "After Hours," "In Your Eyes," "Heartless," "Blinding Lights," "Save Your Tears" (solo version), and "Too Late" — the house is broken into three sections, preceded by an indoctrination into the performer's subconscious.
I seriously doubt that they will have a big preshow where a bunch of people will be shut up in a room for a few minutes. Not especially for what will likely be the busiest house of the year. Makes no sense from an operations standpoint.

I don't think a preshow is the craziest thing I've heard of. Dreamworks Destination far enough back from the switchbacks that they could pulse it with a short video. I think it's more likely that we get a short queue video that just runs on a loop than a closed off preshow room.

On the other hand, maybe the "indoctrination" will be the room before the 1st section formally begins.

From that 35 second clip… it’s cute!

EDIT: it has prison vibes… wonder if that impacts the design choices of the actual prison house…

Last edited:
Reactions: Lucky Planet
So one scene is all it takes to compare it to chance?
ok,
ill write it in spoilers

the nurse ladies in the clip feel very similar to some of the characters in chance house or the zone
the bandages remind me of the chance scarezone
this clip has a hospital feel like chance house did
the white walls with squares feel like the chance house, the blood and bandages.

im not saying it looks bad. the concepts feel similar. the red light

ok,
ill write it in spoilers

the nurse ladies in the clip feel very similar to some of the characters in chance house or the zone
the bandages remind me of the chance scarezone
this clip has a hospital feel like chance house did
the white walls with squares feel like the chance house, the blood and bandages.

im not saying it looks bad. the concepts feel similar. the red light
I think this is something we are going to have to agree to disagree on. This looks nothing like Chance to me at all. Maybe Vanity Ball, but not Chance. If you see simularities that's fine. I'm just saying I don't see it at all. And I definity don't remember nurses with bandages as a thing in Chance. And as for red light? That's like so many houses it's rediculous. Again, we'll have to agree to disagree.

I think this is something we are going to have to agree to disagree on. This looks nothing like Chance to me at all. Maybe Vanity Ball, but not Chance. If you see simularities that's fine. I'm just saying I don't see it at all. And I definity don't remember nurses with bandages as a thing in Chance. And as for red light? That's like so many houses it's rediculous. Again, we'll have to agree to disagree.
ill let you know how my first visit goes. be back soon, thank you.

Last edited:
It was pretty fun, a good party vibe with some wacky unique visuals some of which I don't think were ever in any of the After Hours videos. Large Marge Abel sticks out in my mind specifically after my first run tonight haha. It's a good time if only because the music playing in the house is all bangers. The cast can definitely work with this over time and make it a real great time.

I have the same major issue with this house as I did for last years' B108 house. HHN has the budget and resources to make possibly the largest scale haunts in the world, that's their niche. I sometimes wish they would take advantage of that where it counts. Both this and Hill House were missing that one "Wow!" scene where it just feels larger than life. Both were kinda just a lot of hallways, one was just blasting good music.

Would've killed to have seen a Starcourt Mall style scene with the "Heartless" Vegas facade with an Abel stumbling out front. Would've made the house really stun in a way it currently just doesn't for me. Still good fun, but no all-timer here for me I don't think.

I have the same major issue with this house as I did for last years' B108 house. HHN has the budget and resources to make possibly the largest scale haunts in the world, that's their niche. I sometimes wish they would take advantage of that where it counts. Both this and Hill House were missing that one "Wow!" scene where it just feels larger than life. Both were kinda just a lot of hallways, one was just blasting good music.

Would've killed to have seen a Starcourt Mall style scene with the "Heartless" Vegas facade with an Abel stumbling out front. Would've made the house really stun in a way it currently just doesn't for me. Still good fun, but no all-timer here for me I don't think.

the exact same thing happened when they Did Freddy vs Jason. the ending of the Freddy vs Jason house should have had a big cabin ending like the evil dead remake house ending. the movie ending ended in these cabins in the forest. the evil dead remake house had built a big cabin and yard for the end
it always bothered me that they didnt do that
(someone will say that the freddy vs jason house was never following the movie lol)

but your post on HHN missing Wow! scenes reminded me of how lackluster the freddy vs jason ending was

Incredibly hyped listening to the music in the line.

Genuine scares, barely any imagery from the videos which was a bizarre choice to say the least.

3/5 - Would be rated higher but seems like so much wasted potential

Reactions: BoSoxFan1022
I was a little confused by this house as I thought that there was supposed to be 6 songs that played throughout, but all I heard was Save Your Tears and In Your Eyes. Can anyone else confirm that they heard a different song, are they different depending on your run?

I was a little confused by this house as I thought that there was supposed to be 6 songs that played throughout, but all I heard was Save Your Tears and In Your Eyes. Can anyone else confirm that they heard a different song, are they different depending on your run?
I was wondering the same thing. Even watched two POVs to see if I just missed them and still only heard 3 songs. Going off the EW article's list of songs:

After Hours: Didn't notice
In Your Eyes: Multiple rooms
Heartless: Didn't notice
Blinding Lights: Instrumental plays during the mirror maze and the chorus plays during the room with multiple bloodied & bandaged Weeknds.
Save Your Tears: Multiple rooms
Too Late: Didn't notice

I was wondering the same thing. Even watched two POVs to see if I just missed them and still only heard 3 songs. Going off the EW article's list of songs:

After Hours: Didn't notice
In Your Eyes: Multiple rooms
Heartless: Didn't notice
Blinding Lights: Instrumental plays during the mirror maze and the chorus plays during the room with multiple bloodied & bandaged Weeknds.
Save Your Tears: Multiple rooms
Too Late: Didn't notice
Yeah these were my exact observations, a complete lack of those other three songs