HHN 31: The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: The Weeknd: After Hours Nightmare

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So as someone who doesn’t know The Weeknd at all, should I just watch the videos for those six songs they listed? Or are there more videos I should watch? Should I just go ahead and listen to the whole album even ones that don’t have videos?

There are many ways, but I think the most fun way is going through the After Hours saga.

It includes live preformances, as Abel kind of wove a bit of the interconnectiveness that we are seeing fully with dFM.

I’ll be really surprised if I’m into the music. Im open to it and all and the house; in fact all the imagery I’ve seen looks super cool and I think the house can be great, but I think the music is probably not for me, not my type of music for sure lol. I do know Blinding Lights and Can’t Feel My Face and I’m not really a fan of those. I guess I’ll just watch the After Hours era videos and see what I think of those songs in them first.

So, a few interesting points:
  • This is going to be something different and that's why it's my most anticipated IP house
  • While not horror films exactly, it’s really exciting to hear A Clockwork Orange and Fear and Loathing in Las Vegas are inspirations to some degree
  • Sounds like Lizard head from the promo art is in/from Heartless...
1658858068692.png
  • This house might be very interesting as it’s been described to me as a “nightmare concert” from sound to lighting; so on a technical scale I am curious by the house
  • I wouldn’t be surprised if we encounter a mirror maze and see the return of the vortex tunnel in here

Last edited:
I wonder if there is going to be some songs from Dawn fm. Or if it’s just strictly After Hours. Either way I’m very excited to experience the house.

I’ll be really surprised if I’m into the music. Im open to it and all and the house; in fact all the imagery I’ve seen looks super cool and I think the house can be great, but I think the music is probably not for me, not my type of music for sure lol. I do know Blinding Lights and Can’t Feel My Face and I’m not really a fan of those. I guess I’ll just watch the After Hours era videos and see what I think of those songs in them first.

what bands do you like?

what bands do you like?

Taking Back Sunday, Sum 41, Ice Nine Kills, Motionless In White, Ghost, Creeper, Slipknot, Stand Atlantic, Seaway, Set It Off, As It Is, The Wonder Years, Charlotte Sands, McKenna Grace, Halestorm, The Pretty Reckless, New Found Glory, The Maine, All Time Low, Armor For Sleep, The Used, Senses Fail, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Alice Cooper, Mayday Parade, A Day To Remember, Billy Talent, Bowling For Soup.

I guess I’ll stop there lol; there’s more I like I could list but those come to mind as most of my faves. Pretty much all rock for the most part.

And I just finished listening through the whole After Hours album on my commute home from work. Honestly it was a chore to get through, I wanted to stop a lot lol. He seems like a cool dude, respect him and love that he’s apparently a big horror fan. The visuals look amazing from the images I’ve seen, and the EW preview of the house sounds really cool, but his music is definitely not for me to say the least. Which kinda sucks for me because it sounds like those 6 are playing in the house and most of them actively annoy me. So I’m not gonna like the music in the house :/

Taking Back Sunday, Sum 41, Ice Nine Kills, Motionless In White, Ghost, Creeper, Slipknot, Stand Atlantic, Seaway, Set It Off, As It Is, The Wonder Years, Charlotte Sands, McKenna Grace, Halestorm, The Pretty Reckless, New Found Glory, The Maine, All Time Low, Armor For Sleep, The Used, Senses Fail, Iron Maiden, Metallica, Alice Cooper, Mayday Parade, A Day To Remember, Billy Talent, Bowling For Soup.

I guess I’ll stop there lol; there’s more I like I could list but those come to mind as most of my faves. Pretty much all rock for the most part.

And I just finished listening through the whole After Hours album on my commute home from work. Honestly it was a chore to get through, I wanted to stop a lot lol. He seems like a cool dude, respect him and love that he’s apparently a big horror fan. The visuals look amazing from the images I’ve seen, and the EW preview of the house sounds really cool, but his music is definitely not for me to say the least. Which kinda sucks for me because it sounds like those 6 are playing in the house and most of them actively annoy me. So I’m not gonna like the music in the house :/

• Love
Reactions: GlitterandGloom41
I've spoken at length on this particular house enough

But one thing I'm interested in is how much Abel will influence the house

It could lead to some fun experimentation, although still working within the scare tactics of "HHN"

Yet, If he is a big part of the process it could be very special

I wonder if we'll get any Michael Jackson references/Easter eggs within the house since he was an influence for The Weeknd. It'd be cool to see some sort of Thriller nod.

I want a Daniel Craig Easter egg.

Also, I want to note, I was on Safari and this was one of the "treading searches" of the day.

Screen Shot 2022-07-26 at 10.02.33 PM.png

Reactions: Clive