HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Now that it's officially announced, I'm excited for this one! I've really enjoyed the past several UCM houses, and I like A&D is playing with what scenarios they can throw the monsters into. This sounds really fun, and B79 (Old Parade Building) is a good location for it. Plenty of space for some big and tall sets!

The location also lines up with some folks hinting that this parade building was going to have a fight/battle inside.

Some info from John Murdy's Q&A that involves the Orlando house:
  • On their coast at least, the house is equally split to give each monster their due. Hopefully the same here.

• In Hollywood, the idea was for a Dracula Vs. Mummy house, and Orlando had the Wolfman Vs. Mummy house, so they decided to collaborate and make it a three-way Vs. for both coasts.

• He said the story of the house is conceived to be two parts, with part one on one coast and part two on the other.

• On their coast at least, the house is equally split to give each monster their due. Hopefully the same here.

• In Hollywood, the idea was for a Dracula Vs. Mummy house, and Orlando had the Wolfman Vs. Mummy house, so they decided to collaborate and make it a three-way Vs. for both coasts.

• He said the story of the house is conceived to be two parts, with part one on one coast and part two on the other.

The second bullet point explains the rumors for this one…

And if I were to guess, the seemingly more London / UK focused Hollywood variant will follow up a more Egyptian-based Orlando variant (likely focusing mainly on the monsters they’d originally intended to have…)…

This is so cool and a good way to get super nerds (me) to go to both events

Reactions: Clive
The second bullet point explains the rumors for this one…

And if I were to guess, the seemingly more London / UK focused Hollywood variant will follow up a more Egyptian-based Orlando variant (likely focusing mainly on the monsters they’d originally intended to have…)…

Still holding out hope we'll see a couple 1930's London scenes. Although Cairo would be neat and unlike anything we've seen them do in the past.

There has got to be a reference to cup of coffee somewhere in the house.
Fraser's coffee cup will actually be one of the themes for this year's blinky cups.

That's a nice little treat for the niche market of fans who hit both coasts for the event.

Bummer? I hope we still see a winner in the Orlando version

If they’re really committing to a true cross-coast story, I would guess that our maze would end with Dracula getting the amulet (potentially as a late arrival) and presumably taking it back to London for the Hollywood maze.

That being said, they do have to make these mazes stand on their own, especially Hollywood’s in spite of it being a Part 2 so I wonder how much this idea will even matter, as cool as it is in theory.

That is very cool. I hope Classic Monsters land has that level of creativity.

'Werewolf by Night in Marvel Studios Halloween Special is going practical! Halloween Horror Nights are working on Werewolf by Night for Michael Giacchino.' - After Hours Media 4/16/22

A blogger was looking into Marvel's new Werewolf show and found some HHN connections. Interesting now with Wolfman at HHN this year.

'Werewolf by Night in Marvel Studios Halloween Special is going practical! Halloween Horror Nights are working on Werewolf by Night for Michael Giacchino.' - After Hours Media 4/16/22

A blogger was looking into Marvel's new Werewolf show and found some HHN connections. Interesting now with Wolfman at HHN this year.

If you’re insinuating there’s a Marvel connection to this house… there isn’t