HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide | Page 3 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 31: Universal Monsters: Legends Collide

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
So I can imagine the facade is Dracula's castle for his section, that leads into Talbot Hall for the Wolfman section, then the pyramid for the Mummy section, and the rest of the house takes place in confined tombs as the monsters fight it out for the amulet.

If you’re insinuating there’s a Marvel connection to this house… there isn’t

Agreed, blogger was referencing the opposite - HHN potentially involved with costuming Marvel's Werewolf show ... I would guess reality is shared contractors / fabricators

An actual horror film festival could be a part of that event theme ... even just a showing of a movie each for Dracula, Mummy and Wolfman would be fun.

• Love
Reactions: TheCodeMan95
Universal Monsters got the Stranger Things budget, ha.

Would be cool if it has two entrances for guests - and each line can see the other line a few times inside the house itself.

“Biggest” typically means scale as it relates to height and amount of square footage the house takes up. If they were talking about amount of time it takes for guests to complete, they would say “longest.”

Correct me if I'm wrong, but does HHN normally just take up half of the space in the warehouse or so? If that's the case, it's easy to imagine this one being larger if they're able to expand a little more into it, along with the height of the sets they're doing.

Either way, I'm getting more excited for this one. Egyptian sets, Wolfman as the main character, yes please!

And right here, full synopsis:

(translation if you can't understand what he's saying, or a TL;DW, your choice!):

Larry Talbot has been searching and searching for years and years and years on how to get rid of this curse, because everybody he loves he kills, it's a terrible curse with how every time the full moon comes out, he transforms. He's at the end of his ropes, he's searched all over the world and he gets a letter from a mysterious benefactor who says 'I know a way to lift the curse'. And so they've discovered an excavation site that has this amulet with Amun-Ra, and with the power of the sun, he can potentially control the power of the moon to overshadow it.

So he goes down there to find this amulet, once he's down there, of course, as it always happens, it's at the last second, he's digging through the tents trying to find where they've located this thing and he transforms into the Wolfman. Now he's tearing through and killing everybody, while at the same time, deep within the pyramid itself, the High Priest is summoning Kharis to act as the tomb's defense which leads to the Wolfman versus the Mummy.

But of course we find out that the benefactor was really, always, Count Dracula. Why does he want the amulet? Because he can become a day-walker if he has the amulet.

So now, it's a battle royale between Wolfman, Mummy and Dracula!

“Biggest” typically means scale as it relates to height and amount of square footage the house takes up. If they were talking about amount of time it takes for guests to complete, they would say “longest.”

After seeing the video of the panel which is posted below, David describes the house as "one of the longest houses they've done", adding in via square linear footage used etc.

Yeah, I feel like they sorta exaggerated it a bit due to their experience in walking the house I guess, the facade looks to be the dig in the beginning mentioned by Charles Gray, so my guess there is just gonna be the thought the house is gonna be a long one similar to how The Walking Dead did sorta felt like in 25 I believe but that one really felt short than long.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Very cool that the Monsters house is the centerpiece of the event.

I'm sure many on the creative staff have been wanting to go big with the Monsters - and it checks the corporate synergy box for the launch of Epic.

Maybe this could all lead to interconnected Monsters movies and their own cinematic universe ...

Reactions: shiekra38