HHN 32 Construction Thread | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 32 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I like the garland personally. But I like when scare zones have things like that hanging above you. Just fills it out a bit more for some reason.

just trying to have a conversation

Okay, but can we be realistic?

Scary Tales - the maze in 2008 and the first to use the parade building - had a two-dimensional facade that was not particularly scary or impressive. It had no real interior facade unless you count the Rapunzel tower, which was not the first scene. I'm not sure which Walking Dead facade you're referring to, but the one I remember from the parade building literally didn't even have a facade, just the theme music and zombie noises. Last year, we got an enormous facade depicting the worksite as soon as you stepped into Legends Collide. The previous year, we got that jaw-dropping Hill House recreation.

Universal has only rarely done exterior facades for the parade buildings. Even if they did construct them, you'd only see them for a few seconds before... being ushered into the house, which was the complaint that spawned this line of conversation. Hell, Legends Collide literally had a queue video projected onto the building last year, which very few people got to actually see due to the way that queue is constructed! So what are we really talking about?

. I'm not sure which Walking Dead facade you're referring to, but the one I remember from the parade building literally didn't even have a facade, just the theme music and zombie noises. Last year, we got an enormous facade depicting the worksite as soon as you stepped into Legends Collide. The previous year, we got that jaw-dropping Hill House recreation.
Agree with u, but I believe he’s was referring to the year TWD was at Terninus and had that as a facade?

Scary Tales - the maze in 2008 and the first to use the parade building - had a two-dimensional facade that was not particularly scary or impressive. It had no real interior facade unless you count the Rapunzel tower, which was not the first scene. I'm not sure which Walking Dead facade you're referring to, but the one I remember from the parade building literally didn't even have a facade, just the theme music and zombie noises. Last year, we got an enormous facade depicting the worksite as soon as you stepped into Legends Collide. The previous year, we got that jaw-dropping Hill House recreation.

Universal has only rarely done exterior facades for the parade buildings. Even if they did construct them, you'd only see them for a few seconds before... being ushered into the house, which was the complaint that spawned this line of conversation. Hell, Legends Collide literally had a queue video projected onto the building last year, which very few people got to actually see due to the way that queue is constructed! So what are we really talking about?
I agree but HHN 25 did have a pretty big exterior facade. So did Ash vs Evil Dead.

Reactions: UniversalRBLX
I agree but HHN 25 did have a pretty big exterior facade. So did Ash vs Evil Dead.

The Living and the Dead? It had some chainlink fences and cages. Ash vs. Evil Dead had a little more going on, but it was the same sort of industrial junk. Looking at the number of years the parade buildings have gone without exterior facades, these are the exceptions, not the rule. But do we really prefer these sorts of things to fully realized interior facades?

I think what is unique about the parade buildings is that (1) they have the opportunity to provide all the positives with a indoor facade due to their larger locations and (2) they can have some exterior build up.

Our favorite parade building I am pretty sure aren’t the exceptions, they are the impressive indoor facades where their scale wowed us once we entered.

I also don’t think just having audio, projection, lights, and decal is a bad thing. After Hour’s queue was a highlight last year, bringing to life so much fun energy.

The Living and the Dead? It had some chainlink fences and cages. Ash vs. Evil Dead had a little more going on, but it was the same sort of industrial junk. Looking at the number of years the parade buildings have gone without exterior facades, these are the exceptions, not the rule. But do we really prefer these sorts of things to fully realized interior facades?
UniversalRBLX is just asking for more than a wallpaper on the venue; sure there is a facade inside but it’s cool just having a little buildup and at the end of the day, don’t we also get ushered quickly through facades?

We were pampered some years in a row; The Trick r’ Treat Sam became a cool photo OP, same with the Halloween 2 pumpkin
The Ash vs. Evil dead one was awesome with the flames rock music and the Delta with Pablo and The Walking Dead had Walkers banging the chain link.

just remember - each house has a budget, and whatever money goes to the outside, doesn’t go to the inside.

UniversalRBLX is just asking for more than a wallpaper on the venue; sure there is a facade inside but it’s cool just having a little buildup and at the end of the day, don’t we also get ushered quickly through facades?

We were pampered some years in a row; The Trick r’ Treat Sam became a cool photo OP, same with the Halloween 2 pumpkin
The Ash vs. Evil dead one was awesome with the flames rock music and the Delta with Pablo and The Walking Dead had Walkers banging the chain link.
It was a flat cut out on a box? I don’t understand the difference between that and the sticker besides it sticking out a few feet from the door?

They are providing more than the sound stages while still providing a proper facade inside the building, like the sound stages. I think the wraps are good enough and more than what you get with the soundstages.

just remember - each house has a budget, and whatever money goes to the outside, doesn’t go to the inside.

It was a flat cut out on a box? I don’t understand the difference between that and the sticker besides it sticking out a few feet from the door?
True, didn’t take into account budgeting.

Looks better when taking picture than a sticker wall. There was also some fences with pumpkins before entering, it’s just nice smalls details like that.

Idk why we are being so argumentative on such a subjective thing.

All I brought up was some sort of additional effort in the exterior facade would be gladly appreciated, no need to be defensive. I love HHN, love its interior facades... which is why I want them to expand it outside so we can see more of it. The Weeknd's queue was just ONE example of an improved queue - they need to spread that effort out throughout the event.

And don't say budgeting cause they're charging a ridiculous amount for express/VIP tours/etc. lol

I am being realistic? I don't think it's unfair to suggest additional theming/scenic work outside. They have a warehouse of stuff just sitting there, some if it could be put to use.

I didn't say I preferred exterior facades to interior ones... I just want them to offer/expand more of it outside as well.

Reactions: Bort and HHN Maddux
I don't think it's so much as being argumentative as trying to get folks to realize that they are making an uproar about something 5 other house in the same same situation does not do, so what makes these 2 the exception?

Reactions: HHN Yeti Lover
All I brought up was some sort of additional effort in the exterior facade would be gladly appreciated, no need to be defensive. I love HHN, love its interior facades... which is why I want them to expand it outside so we can see more of it. The Weeknd's queue was just ONE example of an improved queue - they need to spread that effort out throughout the event.

And don't say budgeting cause they're charging a ridiculous amount for express/VIP tours/etc. lol

I am being realistic? I don't think it's unfair to suggest additional theming/scenic work outside. They have a warehouse of stuff just sitting there, some if it could be put to use.

I didn't say I preferred exterior facades to interior ones... I just want them to offer/expand more of it outside as well.

No one's questioning anyone's love for Horror Nights. We're pointing out historical precedent and budgetary realities.

Every dollar spent on an exterior facade is a dollar taken away form the interior. You may not want to accept it, but that's the truth. So, with that in mind, would you prefer fully realized interior facades, or smatterings of elements outdoors with little-to-no interior facade? Because it's very rare that you get both, and I think the event has chosen widely in allocating more resources to the interior experience.

Part of what I don't understand about what you're saying is that the event already seems to be doing what you are asking for - The Weeknd (which, by the way, did not really have an interior facade) did create an appealing party atmosphere with the booming soundtrack and lighting package. Legends Collide had an ominous score and a custom queue video. What more do you really want?

You aren't being realistic - simply because of this statement...

The event isn't even in the same league as it was 10 years ago. With the crazy amount being charged now, you have the biggest IPs ever, grander zones, grander facades, grander efforts into food & beverage (where they even theme the tents) and an event that expands beyond the gates of USF...

Budgets exist for a reason.