HHN 32 Construction Thread | Page 14 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN 32 Construction Thread

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The Living and the Dead? It had some chainlink fences and cages. Ash vs. Evil Dead had a little more going on, but it was the same sort of industrial junk. Looking at the number of years the parade buildings have gone without exterior facades, these are the exceptions, not the rule. But do we really prefer these sorts of things to fully realized interior facades?
As I said, I agree with you. Just pointing out those two examples. They were a little more than chain link fences (Ash had the Oldsmobile and shipping containers and a few other things) but overall I prefer the inside facades. Trick ‘r Treat and Legends Collide were much better than the outdoor facades in my opinion. Not to mention the freaking amazing Graveyard Games facade.

Reactions: garpeel
As I said, I agree with you. Just pointing out those two examples. They were a little more than chain link fences (Ash had the Oldsmobile and shipping containers and a few other things) but overall I prefer the inside facades. Trick ‘r Treat and Legends Collide were much better than the outdoor facades in my opinion. Not to mention the freaking amazing Graveyard Games facade.
Since Graveyard Games and Legends Collide were brought up, my question is, do the house specific videos showing off the story we are walking into count as a facade of sorts?

Because I appreciated both of those houses use of the video projection to convey what we were going to see inside the house.

Reactions: Ahmanet
Since Graveyard Games and Legends Collide were brought up, my question is, do the house specific videos showing off the story we are walking into count as a facade of sorts?

Because I appreciated both of those houses use of the video projection to convey what we were going to see inside the house.
I don't think so. The big setpiece you see is the facade. I know the old Earthquake/Disaster queue back in the day before F&F did story video projections up on one of the buildings/soundstages that backed up to the area. Those weren't the facades at all.