HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 103 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Okay... thats what I expected from Get Out... which seems kinda "meh". As for Split, I'll see if I can dig up a pic of "the beast". Ouija & Sinster seem like they have enough to work with (Only actually have seen Ouija). I love the Purge, but "Gauntlet of Fear" WAS the perfect maze for it. I'd rather not see it included in this.

"Blumhouse of Horrors" is definitely my least anticipated maze this year. Even if I had seen all of the films (and their sequels), it just still wouldn't do it for me. There's a reason why "All Nite Die-In" & "ANDI: Take Two" worked so well. They limited it to four well known films, but also tied it into an icon & concept. As much as I was annoyed by the fact that "Silver Screams" was just "ANDI 3"... even it followed the limited film tradition.

The other thing was... each film basically had 2 scenes, so thats 8 scenes... making 10 scenes total (which is the average length of an HHN house) was the opening scene & finale. The finale featured each "movie monster/killer", plus the icon.

Reactions: KreepyKarpy
Oh yea... I remember hearing about the deleted scene. Might've been a pic too. THAT would totally be perfect for a maze. I would prefer seeing that than any weapon-weilding human (especially since we'll get that with the Purge, but they also at least wear costumes/masks.)

Reactions: KreepyKarpy
Okay... thats what I expected from Get Out... which seems kinda "meh". As for Split, I'll see if I can dig up a pic of "the beast". Ouija & Sinster seem like they have enough to work with (Only actually have seen Ouija). I love the Purge, but "Gauntlet of Fear" WAS the perfect maze for it. I'd rather not see it included in this.

"Blumhouse of Horrors" is definitely my least anticipated maze this year. Even if I had seen all of the films (and their sequels), it just still wouldn't do it for me. There's a reason why "All Nite Die-In" & "ANDI: Take Two" worked so well. They limited it to four well known films, but also tied it into an icon & concept. As much as I was annoyed by the fact that "Silver Screams" was just "ANDI 3"... even it followed the limited film tradition.

The other thing was... each film basically had 2 scenes, so thats 8 scenes... making 10 scenes total (which is the average length of an HHN house) was the opening scene & finale. The finale featured each "movie monster/killer", plus the icon.

If I had to guess since Blumhouse is our "mega maze" it would be around 10-16 rooms. Which gives each property 2-3 scenes, which is pretty good.

If I had to guess since Blumhouse is our "mega maze" it would be around 10-16 rooms. Which gives each property 2-3 scenes, which is pretty good.
Well for one.., I still would not expect it to be a "mega maze". Logistically, it doesn't seem plausible for that space to have a maze larger than one of the open-space tents (even if they utilize French St, which i'd see as a cop-out). It is literally a design challenge/nightmare when it comes to the Parisian Courtyard. So I wouldn't get my hopes up. Its a "I'll believe it, when I see it" & "Murdy confirms it" situation.

When I'm talking about scenes for All Night Die-In (or even Silver Screams), I'm referring to actual large rooms (or hallway depending in some cases) recreating a specific scene from that particular film. And this was located inside of a soundstage which obviously has more space.

ANDI didn't exactly have separate transition hallways, unlike Silver Screams. That had hallways dividing each scene & would include a movie poster for the film you were about to walk into. The other difference with Silver Screams was, each film depicted (Phantom, Shaun of the Dead, The Thing, Army of Darkness) only had one singular scene each. The rest was devoted to the icon (ticket taker hallway & death scene) & the "movie theatre" hallways (which had zero scares).

Well for one.., I still would not expect it to be a "mega maze". Logistically, it doesn't seem plausible for that space to have a maze larger than one of the open-space tents (even if they utilize French St, which i'd see as a cop-out). It is literally a design challenge/nightmare when it comes to the Parisian Courtyard. So I wouldn't get my hopes up. Its a "I'll believe it, when I see it" & "Murdy confirms it" situation.

When I'm talking about scenes for All Night Die-In (or even Silver Screams), I'm referring to actual large rooms (or hallway depending in some cases) recreating a specific scene from that particular film. And this was located inside of a soundstage which obviously has more space.

ANDI didn't exactly have separate transition hallways, unlike Silver Screams. That had hallways dividing each scene & would include a movie poster for the film you were about to walk into. The other difference with Silver Screams was, each film depicted (Phantom, Shaun of the Dead, The Thing, Army of Darkness) only had one singular scene each. The rest was devoted to the icon (ticket taker hallway & death scene) & the "movie theatre" hallways (which had zero scares).

Since you got to experience both mazes(ANDI & Silver Screams) which one do you feel Blumhouse is gonna be the most like?

Sorry. I meant the non-HHN facades on French Street. The French themed buildings aligning the street.

I feel like the Purge is gonna be our finale and is gonna go in French Street and be like the Gauntlet; if I had to guess Get Out is the first in the maze due to the house facade that I believe ush.hacker took a picture of

Reactions: Studio Addict
Don't forget that they also have a massive room inside of one of the French Street facades to work with
Just watched a video for El Cucuy, Dracula, & Halloween (even though I've been through the last two, but missed out on El Cucuy)... I still can't figure out the route it takes. I did notice that all 3 mazes definitely seem to use an identical path layout, or at least very very similar. There weren't enough upward camera angles to fully get a sense of where certain spots were in the courtyard.

So there is infact an indoor space to use as well? Where is that located? It was so hard to tell. I'd love to see floorplan blueprints for the Parisian Courtyard mazes because its such an odd layout & space to use.

Just watched a video for El Cucuy, Dracula, & Halloween (even though I've been through the last two, but missed out on El Cucuy)... I still can't figure out the route it takes. I did notice that all 3 mazes definitely seem to use an identical path layout, or at least very very similar. There weren't enough upward camera angles to fully get a sense of where certain spots were in the courtyard.

So there is infact an indoor space to use as well? Where is that located? It was so hard to tell. I'd love to see floorplan blueprints for the Parisian Courtyard mazes because its such an odd layout & space to use.

My guess is that Blumhouse follows that path but where the exit is for Halloween, El Cucuy, & Dracula is French Street; which is for additional Blumhouse area. So picture Halloween, but once you exit the indoor section you're still in the maze until the end of French Street

You are correct, that would make sense since it'd be difficult to keep that scene as dark as it was for the effect to work properly.

If I remember correctly (even after watching the video), at least ONE of the three mazes exited the DM side of Parisian Courtyard.. I want to say it was Dracula Untold. Its all a blur & I'm too lazy to pull up different videos to see if any continued recording a few seconds after exiting.

The building he's talking about, was the building used when FFL existed in Hollywood, as the show had an audition center in the building of French Street closest to DMMM on the left side (looking straight to SSFL).

It wasn't used in 2013 or 2014, and that Purge jutted out to a side of the Courtyard leading to French Street last year.

The only year the FFL audition building was used for HHN, was 2015's Halloween.