HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 65 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
God I hope we don't get Leatherface. Insidious is getting released in January 2018 so I don't think we're getting a trailer in August, so I think they'll just kind throw it out there. So what are the other speculated properties for the Conjuring replacement besides Alien? So far this lineup is really good and I appreciate Murdy's efforts with the amount of difficulties he's had this year
Alien isn't one of the replacement properties. Multiple people with inside information have said that the creative team gave 3 properties out to people to find out who's leaking the information. Those properties being The Thing, Leatherface, and the third is unknown and probably won't be posted because people are figuring out what they're doing and don't want to lose their job. However I'm assuming that the third property is the actual replacement for The Conjuring. The only other hint is that it's something we haven't had at the event before

Reactions: MacMillian Crew
Alien isn't one of the replacement properties. Multiple people with inside information have said that the creative team gave 3 properties out to people to find out who's leaking the information. Those properties being The Thing, Leatherface, and the third is unknown and probably won't be posted because people are figuring out what they're doing and don't want to lose their job. However I'm assuming that the third property is the actual replacement for The Conjuring. The only other hint is that it's something we haven't had at the event before

Well I'm glad we're not getting Leatherface, little disappointed it's not The Thing, but hopefully it's something good.

So here's the hints for Uber Fan:

- Original facade that's a twist on the property and fandom in general
- 88 pages
- Codename is based on the facade

Anyone got any ideas? My guess would've been Trick R Treat since a fandom is involved but that's already been ruled out. I think it's gonna be a property that's also a cult classic

Well I'm glad we're not getting Leatherface, little disappointed it's not The Thing, but hopefully it's something good.

So here's the hints for Uber Fan:

- Original facade that's a twist on the property and fandom in general
- 88 pages
- Codename is based on the facade

Anyone got any ideas? My guess would've been Trick R Treat since a fandom is involved but that's already been ruled out. I think it's gonna be a property that's also a cult classic

How does Uber Fan relate to a facade based on TrT?

I honestly think he is going to stay to what he has said regarding that IP in the past; to where he'll wait for the sequel.

How does Uber Fan relate to a facade based on TrT?

I honestly think he is going to stay to what he has said regarding that IP in the past; to where he'll wait for the sequel.

I know, I was just saying since he said the facade is a twist on the fandom I just assumed the property was a cult classic. For the next Q&A someone should ask John if it's a new or old property so that the properties could get narrowed down

So the Conjuring replacement will not be Leatherface (Thank you Murdy), The Thing, or Alien. Hmmmm...This is really interesting. Here are my guesses:

Cabin in the Woods: seriously doubt this since Evil Dead would be redundant. Would like to see HHN pull this off over here someday.

Hellraiser: Unlkely. Someone at Dinention said that no one has reached out to Clive Barker about it.

Stranger Things: Would LOVE this, but they're probably waiting for the sequel. Besides, if this was happening, Ailello would have been all over this in Orlando.

It: Ehhh....maybe. I don't know if Murdy would want to risk that.

Trick 'r Treat: They're gonna wait until the sequel.

John Carpenter's The Fog: Out of all of these, this is the most likely I could see coming. It would fit perfectly in the venue. I can't think if any good reason for if to come other than it's a cool movie that they haven't done yet. I really want them to do this.

....or if Murdy really wanted to be messed up.....

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD: I mean, it's technically never been at the event before. :)

So the Conjuring replacement will not be Leatherface (Thank you Murdy), The Thing, or Alien. Hmmmm...This is really interesting. Here are my guesses:

Cabin in the Woods: seriously doubt this since Evil Dead would be redundant. Would like to see HHN pull this off over here someday.

Hellraiser: Unlkely. Someone at Dinention said that no one has reached out to Clive Barker about it.

Stranger Things: Would LOVE this, but they're probably waiting for the sequel. Besides, if this was happening, Ailello would have been all over this in Orlando.

John Carpenter's The Fog: Out of all of these, this is the most likely I could see coming. It would fit perfectly in the venue. I can't think if any good reason for if to come other than it's a cool movie that they haven't done yet. I really want them to do this.

FEAR THE WALKING DEAD: I mean, it's technically never been at the event before. :)

Holy crap I would kill for a house based off The Fog, especially since Orlando's somewhat had it(their original The Forsaken was plot wise very similar). Of those listed I think the 3 most likely are The Fog, It, & Cabin in the Woods. However I agree with you that Fog's most likely, because Stephen King still owns It and he definitely won't sign off on it. Cabin in the Woods COULD happen considering Orlando did CItW & ED in the same year @ 2013. Fear the Walking Dead most likely won't happen because of the Walking Dead attraction, so hopefully John will use his brain and not use it. What are the chances we could get Resident Evil this year, I mean RE7 was a hit and it's similar enough to TCM where they could reuse sets while still bringing something new.

What do you guys want to see more of chainsaws or stilt people for the scare zones this year

You already asked that.

I would think it would either one of two Ip's.

Alien, or IT.

As I said, I think it's highly possible for multiple reasons on both sides; one being that Universal Studios Hollywood is working directly with FoxNext, in a unique partnership that Orlando will not have. It may be more than enough of a way to ensure and guarantee that Murdy could grab the Property, while also cheating as by itself and not with another IP; it'd be it's own separate IP with many possibilities to diverge too.

And as for IT, it lies with Universal Hollywood and Warner Brothers being extremely closer in the way that both can talk to eachother than Orlando. It would be an easy way to give Murdy something to compensate; especially with that there were some individuals saying that Murdy fought for the IP of The Conjuring to be at Hollywood.

Those two to me at this point; is the most likely out of any replacement for The Conjuring.

You already asked that.

I would think it would either one of two Ip's.

Alien, or IT.

As I said, I think it's highly possible for multiple reasons on both sides; one being that Universal Studios Hollywood is working directly with FoxNext, in a unique partnership that Orlando will not have. It may be more than enough of a way to ensure and guarantee that Murdy could grab the Property, while also cheating as by itself and not with another IP; it'd be it's own separate IP with many possibilities to diverge too.

And as for IT, it lies with Universal Hollywood and Warner Brothers being extremely closer in the way that both can talk to eachother than Orlando. It would be an easy way to give Murdy something to compensate; especially with that there were some individuals saying that Murdy fought for the IP of The Conjuring to be at Hollywood.

Those two to me at this point; is the most likely out of any replacement for The Conjuring.

If one of these two is the property we should most likely expect *for right now* then I think it would round out the lineup perfectly, as they're both really solid; including one of these the speculated lineup now is:

- AHS: Roanoke
- The Shining
- Jigsaw
- Ash vs Evil Dead
- Insidious Chapter 4
- Blumhouse of Horrors
- Alien or It
- The Walking Dead

Quick question about It, would Mr. King have to sign off on it or could they work around him again?

If one of these two is the property we should most likely expect *for right now* then I think it would round out the lineup perfectly, as they're both really solid; including one of these the speculated lineup now is:

- AHS: Roanoke
- The Shining
- Jigsaw
- Ash vs Evil Dead
- Insidious Chapter 4
- Blumhouse of Horrors
- Alien or It
- The Walking Dead

Quick question about It, would Mr. King have to sign off on it or could they work around him again?

I would have to imagine that it'd be more of Warner Brothers and Andres Muschietti as opposed to Stephen King in a strange way.

I would have to imagine that it'd be more of Warner Brothers and Andres Muschietti as opposed to Stephen King in a strange way.

Well this got my hopes up about It; but wouldn't it be strange for It to come this year considering Part 2 comes out next year and there's a lot of content there too? Who knows, I'm just glad to know Leatherface was just a fake rumor

Well this got my hopes up about It; but wouldn't it be strange for It to come this year considering Part 2 comes out next year and there's a lot of content there too? Who knows, I'm just glad to know Leatherface was just a fake rumor

IT to me could be on the similar ground of Stranger Things; to where while it may have a good amount of content for Part one, it's possible that the team's of Hollywood and Orlando will wait till Part 2 releases to have a more complete experience.

But, If I was to look at other IP's for potential use outside of Alien; it'd be IT.

IT to me could be on the similar ground of Stranger Things; to where while it may have a good amount of content for Part one, it's possible that the team's of Hollywood and Orlando will wait till Part 2 releases to have a more complete experience.

But, If I was to look at other IP's for potential use outside of Alien; it'd be IT.

Do you think we'll get Stranger Things & It next year? I know it's too early to speculate but apparently Twin Peaks is also heavily rumored for next year, which if true could mean 4 TV shows in one event(AHS, Stranger Things, Walking Dead, Twin Peaks). Anyways but yeah if Alien came do you think it'd be set in the Covenant planet with a little bit of ship or set on the Nostromo?

I am merely guessing. Although, I wonder what @Chris Galindo may have out of his magic hat of potential IP's for the future of Horror Nights. ;)

And as for Alien, this may depend. Idealistically, I would love to see Hollywood's take on what Orlando did in 2014 of having a facade based off of Hadley's Hope. But, I am guessing that they may try to reuse a form of the Alien v Predator facade from Hollywood in the terms of the spaceship.

From CI,

I am merely guessing. Although, I wonder what @Chris Galindo may have out of his magic hat of potential IP's for the future of Horror Nights. ;)

And as for Alien, this may depend. Idealistically, I would love to see Hollywood's take on what Orlando did in 2014 of having a facade based off of Hadley's Hope. But, I am guessing that they may try to reuse a form of the Alien v Predator facade from Hollywood in the terms of the spaceship.

If we were to get Alien I'm really curious about what John would do with it since it's such a good property(and finally an IP Hollywood exclusive that's not rocker based that Orlando can be jealous of us for). Also back to the 2018 we already have 5/8 predicted IP's... sheesh. Also found another leak connection that might be related to Alien:

So there were three IP's handed out to catch leakers, one of which is suspected to be the real one and has not been at the event. The properties were The Thing, Leatherface, and ____. If Alien were the missing property it would make sense because it has technically never been at the event and there have been rumors of it circling around.

*double post ik but I just have a few questions*

(1) Has Hollywood ever had access to Soundstages for mazes, and if so what were they?

(2) I don't know where I heard it or where I read it but I could've sworn John said he'd like to Alice/Asylum in Wonderland in Hollywood? Is that true or no?

Anyways don't know why but those popped into my head and I wanted to know about the answers so yeah