HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 76 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

So while this is Hollywood I wanted to point out "The Ifrit" which has been very famous for Orlando for hinting at Mazes and Scare Zones that will most likely be at the event.

Above he was hinting at Ash Vs Evil Dead and how it will be based on the Original Two Films well it may also be a problem for them and us with the rights I just wanted to point that out. So that either the Maze will be based on the TV Show or the 2 Original Films. Most Likely the TV Show.

Last edited:
Hopefully they learn not to keep doing properties when a TV show spinoff of said property is on the air. If this is true this is the second time after Scream, but luckily they're not deep into construction. Do you think Ash vs Evil Dead might get pulled if they can't decide what to do?

Reactions: Thiago
I always thought it was weird that they were making a maze called Ash vs. the Evil Dead but it has no scenes from the TV show that has that exact name...

Not the point out the obvious, but wouldn't this be a rather large change if you think about it? The settings are COMPLETELY different. Even if they were able to salvage the costumes, the layout of the maze would essentially have to be redone entirely...

So rundown of the speculated Conjuring replacement's/our wild card maze:

- Alien
- Alice Cooper
- The Thing
- It
- Leatherface
- Basically anything

I think Leatherface & It are the least likely due to Leatherface having a limited theatrical release, and It still being semi-owned by Stephen King.

Thing, Alice Cooper, & Alien are all possible candidates as well but all would require a bigger budget than the Conjuring would've, especially with Thing & Alien. Alice Cooper would be good but if marketing keeps wanting big IP's to draw in crowds then it might be a dilemma for Alice.

So what do you guys think is the most possible replacement?

So rundown of the speculated Conjuring replacement's/our wild card maze:

- Alien
- Alice Cooper
- The Thing
- It
- Leatherface
- Basically anything

I think Leatherface & It are the least likely due to Leatherface having a limited theatrical release, and It still being semi-owned by Stephen King.

Thing, Alice Cooper, & Alien are all possible candidates as well but all would require a bigger budget than the Conjuring would've, especially with Thing & Alien. Alice Cooper would be good but if marketing keeps wanting big IP's to draw in crowds then it might be a dilemma for Alice.

So what do you guys think is the most possible replacement?
I would like to see the thing be the replacement maze for the conjuring but like you said both the thing and alien are expensive properties. I would love to see something original but we all know that's not happening

Reactions: horrornights789
I would like to see the thing be the replacement maze for the conjuring but like you said both the thing and alien are expensive properties. I would love to see something original but we all know that's not happening

I would kill for The Thing to come this year. I've never done any of the mazes for it and I've heard they've all been so good and I just wanna see it in person. That and I feel it's still likely because it's a Universal property so they wouldn't have to stress about rights. *sigh* a guy can dream

Reactions: Studio Addict
*double post but*

I think all of the possible replacements are good replacements. I feel Alice Cooper is the most realistic but if his new album flops then it would probably be similar to if the Mummy were to come, and by that I mean the GP would probably say "Why?". Again I'm trusting John to make a good call on the replacement and to give us a good maze

How many scare zones do you guys think we're getting this year
I think we will have four in total. One in the front of the park like we always do, one on the lower lot where the shinning and insidious ch 4 is suppose to be, one in the tunnel and continuing onto the backlot, and finally one near where the blumhouse maze is suppose to be on that street. I have no idea what they are going to do with Harry Potter world. It would be cool to have a scarzone in that area too

Reactions: Joey
Joey have u been seeing the replies to you every time you ask what the scarezobed will be, or how many or where they will be? You keep asking the same question over and over.

Is there anything else you might be curious about? Or maybe, what do YOU think or hope the scarezones will be?

I feel bad for him but at the same time he always asks the same questions

*double post*

So with the Ash vs Evil Dead drastic remodel I don't think we're getting an announcement this week.

So I guess if that's true then the announcement schedule might be

Next week at Comic Con: Jigsaw
Week After: Conjuring Replacement
Midsummer Scream: Ash vs Evil Dead
ScareLa: Insidious
Last Announcement: Blumhouse

Reactions: Thiago
wait a second what the freaks happening to ash vs evil dead?
Not quite sure what's happened, announcement got delayed though. Some people are thinking it's like Scream for HHN25 in Orlando, just without pulling the property. Many people said that the original design of the maze was based off of Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 but titled Ash vs. Evil Dead for promotion. So maybe the rights holders didn't like that they were calling it one thing but basing it off of another and are making them to change it to be based off of the show

Not quite sure what's happened, announcement got delayed though. Some people are thinking it's like Scream for HHN25 in Orlando, just without pulling the property. Many people said that the original design of the maze was based off of Evil Dead and Evil Dead 2 but titled Ash vs. Evil Dead for promotion. So maybe the rights holders didn't like that they were calling it one thing but basing it off of another and are making them to change it to be based off of the show
ah crap. because marketing has always been kind for us