HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017 | Page 9 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood General Discussion - 2017

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I would as well but considering Bakers Street is used for TWD im having a hard time figuring out how they would do it. Hopefully they wont need all that space for the queue this year? Or perhaps we can get a scarezone in Springfield 

I always felt like Springfield is like "the safezone" of the event. Maybe a Halloween theme for Springfield?

There will not be a scarezone in Springfield. That place gets so crowded and is way too compact to put a scarezone in. In 2015 on the after party nights there was a vampire dance group who would scare on their breaks, but then again the after party had super super low attendance. It gets all the flow of everyone going towards the lower/backlot, terror tram, show, and Springfield restaurants, basically everything not in the front of the park. I wish it would happen because that area feels so stale but I just think it would be a nightmare. 

The gauntlet was a very good concept and I'd love to see it return with improvements. But even with the gauntlet we still had individual scarezones. We still had the entrance, the walk to the backlot, and the metro sets. The gauntlet made sense with the whole one scarezone theme but it could possibly work with individual themes again. 

Reactions: chris.g
So after a little speculation and talk with a friend I have come up with a new idea of what "Charles" is but before then I'm gonna just lay down all the hints.

"Charles" (Codename for Maze 2):

- Has a Iconic Scene that will be in the Maze that was very hard for Murdy to figure out.

- Murdy is excited about Maze 2 as he thought they would never do it.

- Codename 2 has to do with a Character and is personal.

So the idea I came up with is "The Shining". Now I know a lot of you think it's either "Child's Play" or "Hellraiser" right now and I thought it was "Child's Play" for a while too. But I was thinking of Older films with Iconic Scenes and if they I have anything to do with the name "Charles". And I came across it with "The Shining". So in the film in the Office Scene Mr. Ullman tells Jack about the Story of a man named "Charles" Grady killing his Wife and two Daughters before giving the Hotel to watch. Later in the film when Jack first meets Grady in the Bathroom Scene. Grady lies to Jack and tells his name is Delbert Grady. That's my idea. Also gonna defend it with some facts. The Iconic Scene would be "Here's Johnny!" as it would tricky to pull off. Murdy stated that it would be tricky to get Scare Actors that look like Jack Nicholeson. It's a property that they have never done before. Also in the Q&A someone asked him if he would do Mazes based off Stephen King Books and Movies and Murdy said "I would if I could". Murdy said "Sigh" when someone asked in a Q&A last year about "The Exorcist" and it happened. Plus he did tweet at someone who tweeted Chucky at him with "Indeed I think" and usually when the Property is actually coming Murdy ignores most tweets about that Property but when he engages them it means it probably isn't coming. So that's my opinion and also I think it would make for a Fantastic First Maze Announcement.

Also in the Q&A someone asked him if he would do Mazes based off Stephen King Books and Movies and Murdy said "I would if I could". Murdy said "Sigh" when someone asked in a Q&A last year about "The Exorcist" and it happened.

Hmmm....interesting theory but don't you think that the response  toward The Exorcist is a bit too vague? He didn't really confirm nor did he  deny it unlike Stephen King books/movies where he flat out said he would if he could. Not saying it's out of the question but Murdy does seem a bit serious on this one.

When you said the shining the only difficult yet iconic scene I thought of was the blood spilling out of the elevators, but the here's johnny scene would be very difficult as well seeing as face actors aren't easy to cast 

When you said the shining the only difficult yet iconic scene I thought of was the blood spilling out of the elevators, but the here's johnny scene would be very difficult as well seeing as face actors aren't easy to cast 

I would actually be thinking more on the lines of the iconic "Come play with us Danny" scene more than Heres Johnny, but perhaps that's just my thought on if it's Shining.

Reactions: Timberfellingrobot
I would actually be thinking more on the lines of the iconic "Come play with us Danny" scene more than Heres Johnny, but perhaps that's just my thought on if it's Shining.

The Whole Twin Scene with "Come Play with Us" can be used with the effect they used in Insidious 2013 with the Clock and two Girls, and Freddy Vs Jason.

I think they can pull something off similar to how Freddy vs Jason and Insidious had transparent walls, maybe they can do the same?

EDIT: I posted too late!!! Aaaaah!!!!

Last edited by a moderator:
Reactions: chris.g