HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 13 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Aiello cannot confirm or deny anything for an event he is not apart of. He said the same thing for FvJ last year. I think this is confirmation it's not coming to Hollywood, although I'm not sure why people expected it to come for a fourth time haha. 

^ Ha. Why would anyone want to go to Scare LA now? Everything that made it good has now moved to this event....and now its sooner.

Since we know now that TCM is officially Orlando exclusive, good for them. I may or may not have the chance this fall to check out their HHN again (and Kong too!), but I think they will do a really good job with this. I'm glad to see that they will most likely do this right as our rendition in 2012 was awful.

What are the chances that 'Wisconsin' might be Amityville Horror by way of The Conjuring? 'Wisconsin' is supposedly based on something from a movie but not in the movie, and the case Amityville is based on is another Ed and Lorraine Warren case that's even referenced as having happened prior to the events of the first Conjuring movie. Also, this is the maze that Murdy is supposedly super excited about, and if we're assuming that Conjuring is taking the JP spot, we've been assured that's supposed to be a "killer" maze.

As for the Wisconsin connection, Amityville Horror was shot in Wisconsin.

Wisconsin the property itself is not based on something from a movie but not in a movie. If you read John's tweets about it John said there are scenes that were based on the movie but not in the movie. 

He also said we're looking for a specific city in Wisconsin. 

EDIT: Also, Murdy has officially implied TCM will be Orlando Exclusive. 

Last edited by a moderator:
A bit off topic, but is anyone expecting there to be a price increase at all this year for the event? With Potter and the possibility of one more maze, I feel that it's unfortunately likely.. I don't remember if last years prices matched 2014's or if there has even been a significant price increase over the past few years. Just a thought that I hope doesn't gain steam.

A bit off topic, but is anyone expecting there to be a price increase at all this year for the event? With Potter and the possibility of one more maze, I feel that it's unfortunately likely.. I don't remember if last years prices matched 2014's or if there has even been a significant price increase over the past few years. Just a thought that I hope doesn't gain steam.

If I had to guess, I think that a 'small' price increase will come for HHN. And..if I want to have a blind prediction. I think RIP is coming back this year, just not in a way that we've seen it as, and pricier than it was before.

Been a while since I've been on here... pretty much work all the time with my two jobs (or sleep), so haven't really had much time to jump on here... anyway, I had this list for a bit & figured i'd pass it along because it might help with figuring out this year's maze line-up before the mazes are announced (....or leaked).

This is the rumored line-up for Orlando 2016

1- TCM (announced Orlando exclusive)
2- TWD 5.0
3- Purge 3
4- AHS
5- Krampus
6- Ash vs Evil Dead
7- Hitchcock (rumored for the past year or two)
8- Lovecraft (A&D has been working on this house for the past 8+ years)

This list is obviously rumored, not confirmed or official. Just wanted to pass it along since we'll most likely be sharing some of these IP's this year.

^ Ha. Why would anyone want to go to Scare LA now? Everything that made it good has now moved to this event....and now its sooner.

Since we know now that TCM is officially Orlando exclusive, good for them. I may or may not have the chance this fall to check out their HHN again (and Kong too!), but I think they will do a really good job with this. I'm glad to see that they will most likely do this right as our rendition in 2012 was awful.

ScareLA is still a great convention. There is no reason not to go to both. 

Been a while since I've been on here... pretty much work all the time with my two jobs (or sleep), so haven't really had much time to jump on here... anyway, I had this list for a bit & figured i'd pass it along because it might help with figuring out this year's maze line-up before the mazes are announced (....or leaked).

This is the rumored line-up for Orlando 2016

1- TCM (announced Orlando exclusive)
2- TWD 5.0
3- Purge 3
4- AHS
5- Krampus
6- Ash vs Evil Dead
7- Hitchcock (rumored for the past year or two)
8- Lovecraft (A&D has been working on this house for the past 8+ years)

This list is obviously rumored, not confirmed or official. Just wanted to pass it along since we'll most likely be sharing some of these IP's this year.

I see us sharing Krampus, Purge (Terror Tram) and of course TWD is already shared... Looks like we will be having a much more diverse lineup according to the rumors I'M hearing about our HHN... should be fun! Very interesting to see that it looks like we will only be sharing one official custom IP... 

Also, I don't see neither coasts getting Ash vs Evil Dead (or any Evil Dead property for that matter) any time soon... there was supposedly some thing the studios did not see eye to eye with/ liked about each other about the way Uni handled the property from what I heard.... but we will see.

Reactions: Alexshow.
Yea.. I'll believe "Ash vs ED" when I see it. The issue with Universal & the franchise had nothing to do with 2013's "Evil Dead"... it has something to do with UNI vs Sam Raimi/Bruce Campbell or something. I don't know the specifics, but if you've seen the new tv series... you'll notice that it completely ignores "Army of Darkness" entirely. -shrugs- Like I've mentioned before, Orlando originally had an "Army of Darkness" SZ planned for 2009, but it had to be retooled into "Lights! Camera! Hacktion!". However, they still had "Midevil Dead" in "Silver Screams" which was the pit scene from "AOD".

We're hopefully due for a maze announcement at some point "soon"... although unfortunately, TWD attraction announcement counted as our 1st maze announcement.

As of now our frequently discussed and rumored lineup is as follows:

Krampus

Preacher

The Conjuring

The Exorcist

Freddy Vs. Jason

TWD HOH Attraction 

Purge Terror Tram

+7th maze? AHS? Alice Cooper? 

Any differences or second opinions?

That seems about right. I could definitely see a 7th maze being themed to Alice Cooper. 

Personally, I don't count TWDA as an.."OFFICIAL" maze, as it is a full on attraction. Besides, it seems like that it'll probably open sooner than September (thank John once more for knowledge on Auditions..). I do think that we'd be getting six full mazes, and TWDA to fill in as our Seven houses for HHNXI, but in-terms of IPs..that may be both easy; and hard. I think that as said, this year will have both coasts getting a diverse list of IPs (Sans TWD, Purge, and Conjuring); but I think that we're going to get some exclusive IPs that would add as an incentive to try in going to both coasts.

I think Exorcist is VERY possible for us having as an Exclusive (like AWIL and FVJ) for this year, I also think that Preacher has the more likely chance of being exclusive here also, so it can be tested in its popularity as a house. And, I think that as said; FVJ and Dark Krampus being Hollywood exclusives. Atleast, in my opinion.

Reactions: chris.g
As of now our frequently discussed and rumored lineup is as follows:

Krampus

Preacher

The Conjuring

The Exorcist

Freddy Vs. Jason

TWD HOH Attraction 

Purge Terror Tram

+7th maze? AHS? Alice Cooper? 

Any differences or second opinions?

I can't see Hollywood passing up AHS after so many years of the fans begging to see it.. Murdy knows it's a very, very requested property and if Orlando gets it, I don't see why we'd skip it.