HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 18 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Isn't there a rumor that Penn & Teller would be the show for HHN?  Not that I know if it's true or not, but I've been hearing it around.  Not sure if I do believe it... I'm a big fan, but not sure if they'd be able to get away from their Vegas gig long enough.

Isn't there a rumor that Penn & Teller would be the show for HHN?  Not that I know if it's true or not, but I've been hearing it around.  Not sure if I do believe it... I'm a big fan, but not sure if they'd be able to get away from their Vegas gig long enough.

I think the rumor was for Orlando. There was some speculation surrounding Mike Aiello going to Vegas a few weeks ago after going to LA for some meetings. 

Murdy seems extremely into the lineup this year. I mean, of course the Exorcist was his top choice of all time, and I'm sure he's excited as hell for FvJ. But this also leads me to wonder what else he has in store for us.

Reactions: chris.g

Fun Fact: HHN Hollywood 1992 (the events 2nd year).. Penn & Teller had a show at the event. It was one of MANY entertainment offerings back in the old days of HHN.

There show last year was okay at best. I didn't get around to watching it until my 3rd night attending. It tried having a plot, but it could have been handled better. Also, they didn't use enough fog effects & pyro :p  I'd like to see something more Halloween-esque. There is some good music they can use, which they didn't and I think that is why it was kinda "meh". Only B&T can get away with regular non-Halloween/haunt oriented songs.

Apparently Murdy said that this year's Terror Tram is a new theme. This year is getting more and more curious. Especially since we've been assuming the same lineup for the past few months, and things are suddenly shifting.

So no Purge 3? Hmm.. that's interesting. I honestly don't want to see Purge as a maze, but thats also because the SZs were pretty damn perfect. Terror Tram has been disappointing & under themed/staffed. Too dark, not enough scareactors, & just "meh". It sucks saying that because it should be a "MUST SEE/EXPERIENCE" since its exclusive to USH.

To kinda go along with what Alex said about the multiple IP thing.. I'd love to see them do a special HHN version of the nighttime studio tour.. but amp it up. Which would really make it old school (1986 & 1992 old school). They could still use live actors here/there... but also projection mapping, window projections (like they already do in 6 Points Texas).. also experience Jaws, Kong, EQ (SKIP SUPERCHARGED :ph34r: )... Basically make it the "Universal Studios Tour of Terror" (hosted by the Crypt Keeper ....I CAN DREAM!!!!)

I think Krampus could work pretty well, but it doesn't seem likely anymore. FVJ could be done to since they've already had them over there before. IDK what else out of the rumored IPs could be used. 

Uni. really struck a deal with Warner Bros. this year, anyone else think it has to do with the success of WWoHP? From the rumored line up I received it seems we're getting at least 3-4 WB/ New Line based properties, which might explain why they finally gave the Exorcist. 

Reactions: Freak
What was the group that performed at the extra event last year? I think they may be coming along with Jabbawockeez. The show was insanely successful and non-controversial. Don't worry, I'm sure a blogger will find something to complain about. They always do.  ;)

Reactions: Freak
Uni. really struck a deal with Warner Bros. this year, anyone else think it has to do with the success of WWoHP? From the rumored line up I received it seems we're getting at least 3-4 WB/ New Line based properties, which might explain why they finally gave the Exorcist. 

Trick 'r Treat? Hellraiser? If we get both of those then this will be a year in history! 

What was the group that performed at the extra event last year? I think they may be coming along with Jabbawockeez. The show was insanely successful and non-controversial. Don't worry, I'm sure a blogger will find something to complain about. They always do.  ;)

Academy of Villains. 

This may sound weird but I really hope Mad Max appears in some form. 

Oh what a day….WHAT A LOVELY DAY! *Sprays Butterbeer on face* I LIVE. I DIE. I RIDE FORBIDDEN JOURNEY AGAIN!

Last edited by a moderator:

Yea, I never realized that Exorcist was a WB movie until yesterday (of course I also haven't seen it in years). I can pretty much guarantee that Potter is the reason why we are able to have Exorcist for HHN. Of course Universal has always had a long-standing relationship with WB when it comes to the parks anyway thanks to Beetlejuice (a WB film) & Twister (RIP...), etc...

What was the group that performed at the extra event last year? I think they may be coming along with Jabbawockeez. The show was insanely successful and non-controversial.

Academy of Villains. And yea, as I mentioned last year, I got a chance to chat with the main performer dude at the end of the night & he said that their performance during the "after party" nights was basically their audition for Universal. Considering how great they were outside, I'd love to see what they could do in the Castle Theatre (unfortunately, Jabbawockeez will reside their again). They definitely had fun between performances too by interacting with guests in the queue for Insidious.

This may sound weird but I really hope Mad Max appears in some form. 

Its really not that weird. And it would really lend itself well to a scarezone. Orlando did a house for "Doomsday" in 2008. They even had a Thunderdome show back during the first year or two of HHN. So it really isn't that far-fetched of an idea. I personally would love to see Hollywood bring the world of Mad Max to life. We already have a flame bar!

Murdy recently tweeted that he has finished the writing process for maze treatments for this years HHN.  And is now moving on to writing Terror Tram.  Judging by the page count he gave, it for sure sounds like we are getting 6 mazes this year.  Maze treatments topped out at 678 pages.  Looking back through previous tweets, I see Maze #1 was 92 pages long, #2 was 90 pages, #3 was 75, #4 was 110, and #5 was 127.  By my calculations, that adds up to 494 pages total, leaving 184 pages unaccounted for.  At no point does Murdy mention a maze #6.  But that is plenty of pages for another one, or even two, more mazes.  Unless those are the Walking Dead pages.  I didn't really look through the tweets for references to writing TWD.

BTW, when Murdy said that the treatments added up to a lengthy novel, it got me thinking it would be kind of cool for Uni to publish a selection of past maze treatments in book form.  I would totally be interested in buying something like that!

Last edited by a moderator:
Yea, I never realized that Exorcist was a WB movie until yesterday (of course I also haven't seen it in years). I can pretty much guarantee that Potter is the reason why we are able to have Exorcist for HHN. Of course Universal has always had a long-standing relationship with WB when it comes to the parks anyway thanks to Beetlejuice (a WB film) & Twister (RIP...), etc...

Academy of Villains. And yea, as I mentioned last year, I got a chance to chat with the main performer dude at the end of the night & he said that their performance during the "after party" nights was basically their audition for Universal. Considering how great they were outside, I'd love to see what they could do in the Castle Theatre (unfortunately, Jabbawockeez will reside their again). They definitely had fun between performances too by interacting with guests in the queue for Insidious.

Its really not that weird. And it would really lend itself well to a scarezone. Orlando did a house for "Doomsday" in 2008. They even had a Thunderdome show back during the first year or two of HHN. So it really isn't that far-fetched of an idea. I personally would love to see Hollywood bring the world of Mad Max to life. We already have a flame bar!

Oh man that was a bad house haha. But yea I was just saying it sound weird because no one has mentioned it in their speculated lineups. Didn't Murdy tweet that a family member of his said it should be at HHN? I don't know if it would happen this year but I would be delighted. 

On a separate note, since it looks like construction is ramping up in the Stage 28 plot, I wonder where Murdy will relocate that Maze? 

Reactions: Wesker69
Maze treatments topped out at 678 pages. leaving 184 pages unaccounted for.  At no point does Murdy mention a maze #6.  But that is plenty of pages for another one, or even two, more mazes.  Unless those are the Walking Dead pages.  I didn't really look through the tweets for references to writing TWD.

TWD would not be part of the maze creations for HHN since it is a permanent attraction opening in the summer. And it would actually serve as our 7th maze (because i'm sure they'll promote it as such).

Oh man that was a bad house haha. But yea I was just saying it sound weird because no one has mentioned it in their speculated lineups. Didn't Murdy tweet that a family member of his said it should be at HHN? I don't know if it would happen this year but I would be delighted. 

On a separate note, since it looks like construction is ramping up in the Stage 28 plot, I wonder where Murdy will relocate that Maze? 

Oh come on, Doomsday wasn't THAT terrible... well okay it was, but the only redeeming quality it had for me was knowing a scareactor or two in it which resulted in me being grabbed, abused, handed over to another scareactor backstage & rejoin my group in a different scene. :lol:  But I don't remember if Murdy said anything about Mad Max or not. I'd love for it to happen though.

I'm not ruling out SS28 until we see physical construction happen (which I'm hoping we do soon). Everyone cried about the sky falling when the alley behind Mummy was ripped up. Maybe Murdy will use the old Gibson entrance area that currently has tables. Maybe they will rework the tram drop-off area of the Metro sets to have another maze back there like they did in 2014. or maybe we're only getting 5 mazes & TWD attraction is Maze #6! :eek:

TWD would not be part of the maze creations for HHN since it is a permanent attraction opening in the summer. And it would actually serve as our 7th maze (because i'm sure they'll promote it as such).

Oh come on, Doomsday wasn't THAT terrible... well okay it was, but the only redeeming quality it had for me was knowing a scareactor or two in it which resulted in me being grabbed, abused, handed over to another scareactor backstage & rejoin my group in a different scene. :lol:  But I don't remember if Murdy said anything about Mad Max or not. I'd love for it to happen though.

I'm not ruling out SS28 until we see physical construction happen (which I'm hoping we do soon). Everyone cried about the sky falling when the alley behind Mummy was ripped up. Maybe Murdy will use the old Gibson entrance area that currently has tables. Maybe they will rework the tram drop-off area of the Metro sets to have another maze back there like they did in 2014. or maybe we're only getting 5 mazes & TWD attraction is Maze #6! :eek:

Yeah, they could very well still use the old Stage 28 location this year. I guess we'll find out soon enough.

It was really nice to have three mazes at the Metro sets that year. I wish they could figure out a way to do it again and have the express tram. 

Since we are confident we will not be getting Krampus this year, and Murdy says that the K appears once in the lineup, Kilker Clowns from Outter Space anyone?

I know it's been heavily requested by fans, it's rumored for Orlando, and it does fit the bill for the obligatory 3D house. I think that's what the "K" house will be. 

Reactions: Wesker69

This intrigues me in a way. Counting FVJ as one IP, The Conjuring as one IP and then The Exorcist as the other; it makes me think that if this year is the send-off year for Murdy, he'll catch his other "Moby Dick" that the community has been wanting, regardless if there is a sequel next year.

Since we are confident we will not be getting Krampus this year, and Murdy says that the K appears once in the lineup, Kilker Clowns from Outter Space anyone?

I know it's been heavily requested by fans, it's rumored for Orlando, and it does fit the bill for the obligatory 3D house. I think that's what the "K" house will be. 

Please no. Also it's not rumored to be at Orlando, the fans know Aiello wants it and they bring it up every year, i don't think there is any evidence that it's gonna come. Also if Orlando got it I wouldn't think it would be a share, I don't see a demand for it over here

Another thing, us getting exorcist because of potter is ridiculous. Wizarding World has been open since 2010, no reason 6 years after that they decide to give it up

One last thing I didn't notice when I first read it, how do you not have a definite number of the WB/New Line properties if you have the line-up, which I would like to see