HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 16 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
It has to be Krampus. I can't imagine The Exorcist being the first announcement as Murdy would love to build up hype towards his number one maze property. Coincides with the DVD release as well, just as predicted. 

I'm losing my mind. This is where I'm at right now. The fact that I could be getting 2/4 of my favorite horror movies as mazes this year is killing me.

Cg8-TMNWwAA3p6O.jpg

Raise your hand if you're shocked that this is a shared IP with Orlando? *raises both hands*

If I had to guess what was replaced on Orlando's line up.... it would either be AHS or Hitchcock... maybe even Lovecraft. It will be interesting to see what changes for them because almost every year one of their planned houses gets replaced with something else for some reason or another.

I'm still not sure how I feel about this maze announcement. I know it is Murdy's dream IP for HHN... I'm iust curious to see how it is executed because the movie doesn't exactly have a lot to work with outside of a few iconic scenes.

First off, congratulations to Murdy for finally catching his Moby Dick! I'm happy for Murdy. He's been wanting to do this for more than a decade. Glad to finally see the blood sweat and tears to getting the rights pay off. 

As for what they can work with, it doesn't have to be just in the room. Murdy did tweet in the past he would also use scenes from the third movie. They could also use the scene in the living room where Regan pees on the carpet and the basement where she finds the weegee board. They can use Capt. Howdy for the scare in those scenes. Throw in scenes from 3 as well as the spider walk scene and boom. You have enough material to work with. 

I'm excited but cautiously optimistic. I'm confident this will be a top ten for sure as this will be a passion project for  Murdy. Although this issue has improved last year, I really hope there won't be any choppy or inconsistent transitions as that tends to be Murdy's biggest weakness for designing mazes...namely the infamous black walls. It would be a shame for a house with great scenes weakened by choppy transitions. Yeah, I'm looking at you AWiL. 

But I'm stoked. Good for Murdy. I'm sure it'll be great. 

Last edited by a moderator:
I woke up and cried a little, not gonna lie!!!  :lol:  Actually, I woke up, checked, jumped out of bed and screamed it to my household. (The response was a very flat, "Okay. Calm down, Regan." lmao) Never have I been more motivated to go audition.

Edit: Aiello said on his Twitter it will be based on the original film, so we'll see what Murdy has to say later today?

Lulz... I love that you & I had the same thought process Freak! :lol:

I don't remember, did Murdy ever mention where he had planned to put the Exorcist maze in the past? I keep wanting to say JP queue, but I think Parisian Courtyard would be best, otherwise the backlot where TWD/CP was. I'd hope this wouldn't use SS747... if it does, it better be worth that space.

I'll be stuck at work tonight (singing along to The Jungle Book), so if someone could post a list of things Murdy says on twitter about this maze, that'd be great.

Surprised it wasn't Krampus, secretly hoping it was!! But nonetheless, EXTREMELY thrilled that the Exorcist is coming! Of anything ever to come to HHN, this has got to be the scariest to me. I'm also surprised that there hasn't been any maze leak yet, like last year.. I'm very curious about the maze locations this year. I have a hunch that the FvJ will be in 747, Exorcist in either Parisian or backlot. Conjuring in JP, and Krampus being either in the backlot or Parisian. As for the others, really don't know. I'm also curious to see what the headlining maze is. Doubt it will be TWD, probably either the exorcist or FvJ.