HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016 | Page 20 | Inside Universal Forums

HHN Hollywood Speculation/News - 2016

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I'm starting to wonder if Krampus is going to actually be a maze now this year, as there was speculation and discussion about the possibility of it getting scrapped last minute. Murdy confirmed that the lineup hasn't changed since December, with no last minute cuts or changes being made. If it doesn't end up coming, then it never was apart of the lineup to begin with I guess. 

I'm starting to wonder if Krampus is going to actually be a maze now this year, as there was speculation and discussion about the possibility of it getting scrapped last minute. Murdy confirmed that the lineup hasn't changed since December, with no last minute cuts or changes being made. If it doesn't end up coming, then it never was apart of the lineup to begin with I guess. 

Very good point. I feel Murdy knew fans wanted it... but threw them off with the hype for it, only to give them something else that was also highly requested - according to his standards - (The Exorcist). We will see. 

Last edited by a moderator:
Anyone remember when they housed two mazes on the 7th floor of the Frankenstein parking structure? I'd love to see them go back and put mazes in there. Allows them more space for mazes.

Hearing the maze count is 6 all together (including TWDA). If so, that leaves only 5 HHN exclusive mazes... bummer. Hopefully this isn't true. 

That tent in JP does seem a lot taller than in previous years. Hmmmm.

Eh I'm slightly disappointed to hear that, but last year we had a repeat, a crap house, and four stellar houses and it turned out to be one of the better years. 

If we get five really good houses, that will make it better than last year. Wish we would have one more but I'll take it. I prefer quality over quantity. 

Its a tad frustrating to see Orlando have 9 houses and two shows, yet we can't we can't move past seven attractions and one show. I guess it shows Hollywood's team needs to grow more. 

Hearing the maze count is 6 all together (including TWDA). If so, that leaves only 5 HHN exclusive mazes... bummer. Hopefully this isn't true. 

Murdy tweeted that this year's maze treatments total out to 678 pages (not including TWDA). He tweeted the page lengths for the 1st 5 mazes, and there are still 184 pages remaining. When he tweeted about Maze #5, he mentioned that it was 127 pages long, making it the longest treatment in HHN history. If there was a 184-page treatment, I feel like he would've tweeted about that. That being said, the final 184 pages probably cover 2 mazes, so I think it'll probably end up being 7 HHN exclusive mazes and TWDA (plus Terror Tram and Jabbawockeez). 

Murdy tweeted that this year's maze treatments total out to 678 pages (not including TWDA). He tweeted the page lengths for the 1st 5 mazes, and there are still 184 pages remaining. When he tweeted about Maze #5, he mentioned that it was 127 pages long, making it the longest treatment in HHN history. If there was a 184-page treatment, I feel like he would've tweeted about that. That being said, the final 184 pages probably cover 2 mazes, so I think it'll probably end up being 7 HHN exclusive mazes and TWDA (plus Terror Tram and Jabbawockeez). 

But doesn't TWDA not count towards the page count? I'm pretty sure Murdy has said so. It's a seperate project from HHN.

^That would be some crazy year if we got eight houses in total plus Terror Tram. 

Murdy has said that his goal was for our event to be as big as Orlando. Doing that would put us at nine haunted attractions.

Knowing that Murdy tweeted about rewriting some of the Exorcist maze, it's also possible some of those extra pages could have been rewrites added to various treatments after his initial page count tweets.  But it certainly sounds like there is enough pages to get a 6th HHN exclusive maze out of those, or at least I'm hoping that is the case.  But I have no idea where the maze would go unless they use the parking garage again.  Or they give up the tram to the backlot and go back to walking (one year they had 3 backlot mazes, but they didn't have to worry about tram pick-ups at that point due to it being set up only for people to walk back there, which people complained about.  Personally I would rather walk and get an extra maze than get a tram lift back to there).

Its a tad frustrating to see Orlando have 9 houses and two shows, yet we can't we can't move past seven attractions and one show. I guess it shows Hollywood's team needs to grow more. 

^That would be some crazy year if we got eight houses in total plus Terror Tram. 

Murdy has said that his goal was for our event to be as big as Orlando. Doing that would put us at nine haunted attractions.

Orlando might NOT have 9 houses this year, due to the loss of the Earthquake queue. Granted they still have other locations they can use if approved (MIB overflow, ET overflow, another soundstage (although 4 are already pushing it when it comes to entrance/exit routes). In an interesting tweet from Aiello, it seems Orlando will be getting an original house this year (which means an IP on the line-up fell through... my guess.. Ash vs ED, which I didn't expect to happen due to Universal/Army of Darkness).

If Murdy wants the event here to be as big as Orlando, he needs to try harder & also stop relying on the same gimmicks. And the event also needs a bigger budget... otherwise we're going to continue to see plain black walls (Murdy's favorite part of mazes) & themed construction walls (that was lazy for Halloween Murdy, that was lazy) for scenic. Our event could easily have "more" if they tried, but they don't. Of course now the problem with the event here is the park is evolving & unlike Orlando, we don't have other places to shift mazes to for HHN.

In regards to doing a maze in the Frankenstein garage again, it will never happen due to safety regulations. I'll be at the park tomorrow so I'll try to grab a better pic or two of the JP queue construction