#HHNForever - Orlando 2020 | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

#HHNForever - Orlando 2020

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I believe this is the first time post-axing the event (third time total) that this has occurred?

Keep running it to keep it running

If I'm to guess it's the equivalent of running the T-Rex or Kong at night

Doesn't Disney call it calisthenics or something

Temper them expectations

Definitely no expectations; just intrigued (and a bit emotional like @itsabee :lol). Though it was just the audio rather than the physical show tonight, so not sure calisthenics is the answer either.

Definitely no expectations; just intrigued (and a bit emotional like @itsabee :lol). Though it was just the audio rather than the physical show tonight, so not sure calisthenics is the answer either.
It seems odd to run a show that isn't Cinematic Celebration...As that would technically be the first evening show to return

So strange

I believe this is the first time post-axing the event (third time total) that this has occurred?

I'm actually wondering--could Universal opt and just "dump" last year's Lagoon show on video?

Been thinking about it for a while--but if they did the show once, then sure, it was for the TM's involved with the event being layed off. But now? With #HHNForever, it seems like something they can easily do as it's something from the past year.

I'm actually wondering--could Universal opt and just "dump" last year's Lagoon show on video?

Been thinking about it for a while--but if they did the show once, then sure, it was for the TM's involved with the event being layed off. But now? With #HHNForever, it seems like something they can easily do as it's something from the past year.
This could be the case...I wonder how rights would work with that

Also, they do run the fountains during the day still...neither here nor there statement..just adding that as a clue maybe

This could be the case...I wonder how rights would work with that

Also, they do run the fountains during the day still...neither here nor there statement..just adding that as a clue maybe

I don't see it performing in-front of guests. However--perhaps they could get away with it, and say that it was "From Last Year's event" when in reality it was videotaped during the past few weeks from various angles.

Would allow them to also have for certain shots, promo for future use.

Reactions: shiekra38
Huh, I guess officially recording the only Horror Nights lagoon show for your 30th Anniversary archive website would be a good enough reason to be rerunning it this much. Crazy if true.

I do recall seeing clips of Bill and Ted's from back in the early 00's back during 26/27. I wonder how the rights would work to get those on the archive? Those shows are notorious for skirting past copyright law via parody to the point where lawyers were super involved. In fact, how would the rights for any of the IP houses or zones work out in official web archive form? Seems like a whole lot of copyright legwork for something that only the most intense fans are gonna end up using. It would have to only be the original or Universal-owned IP's that get archived, which means we'd still be in the dark about all these Marathon of Madness reruns. :shrug: I'm just gonna wait for the announcement and keep my expectations 6 feet under to keep safe.

Huh, I guess officially recording the only Horror Nights lagoon show for your 30th Anniversary archive website would be a good enough reason to be rerunning it this much. Crazy if true.

I do recall seeing clips of Bill and Ted's from back in the early 00's back during 26/27. I wonder how the rights would work to get those on the archive? Those shows are notorious for skirting past copyright law via parody to the point where lawyers were super involved. In fact, how would the rights for any of the IP houses or zones work out in official web archive form? Seems like a whole lot of copyright legwork for something that only the most intense fans are gonna end up using. It would have to only be the original or Universal-owned IP's that get archived, which means we'd still be in the dark about all these Marathon of Madness reruns. :shrug: I'm just gonna wait for the announcement and keep my expectations 6 feet under to keep safe.

Its a thought to be had.

The other two I'm almost..kind of betting on, is that Hollywood and Orlando is going to try to get some form of a set from AoV and Jabbawockeez for the sake of Orlando and Hollywood. AoV is already seemingly planning on doing something to make up for the lack of a proper HHN30, and Jabbawockeez has been a success for Hollywood since it's arrival in 2016. With Jabbawockeez in Vegas, they could have them film it in their practice halls, and then be able to publish it.

I think they're going to post run throughs of all of this years houses, charge money to access a website to see it maybe? But pro-shot, perfect run throughs would be pretty cool, no queues, no changeover of scare actors etc.

They've already got all these rights tied up, charge money and the right holders can get a small cut and Universal make a bit extra to keep going too...

I saw that it’s been deleted
Wow. Okay. I had a feeling I should have taken a screenshot in advance.

For anyone who didn’t see it, the Twitter page simply tweeted “#hhn30” at 3 a.m. and everyone was excited about it. I saw it at 5:45.

I would love to see the inline que videos... I would kill for an HD quality H.R Bloodengutz or RUN vids.

The RUN queue vid always seemed so fun, but never had a wait to watch it! For me it would be all the Slaughter Sinema trailers! RELEASE THEM YOU COWARDS!

Also, house lore like Carnival Graveyard in 28 that was never actually released would be cool to see as well.

Even if it was just one single house that they went through explaining, I would love to see an original where they finally released the names of the individual scare positions top to bottom. For CG I remember on our Unmasking tour when the guide pulled back to show a couple booholes, most if not all of them had real names (not just "Welder #1") and even with Yeti last year many characters had a first and last name and occupation in the camp, with the story and flow of the house organically playing out like the plot of a monster flick, down to character choices and motivations that specifically led to their deaths or appearances.

I'm definitely aware some houses have more generic spots, and just because a character has a name doesn't automatically mean their backstory is pages long and doesn't just amount to "you pop out and scream", but even within mono-monster houses sans victims (like Scarecrow), there are variations within the monster design that would be cool to note, and are sometimes recognized in their names (even if it is more an internal name).

This is of course a 100% pipe dream, but it might be cool to see them do a deep dive pulling back the curtain on a successful past house in this kind of depth.

I have to think they send a camera crew through every house every year...or at least a fraction of them

It would be good for post-mortem purposes and general B-roll IMO

I really wish this was the case, kind of like Broadway's archive of shows, but the realist in me recognizes these houses are still ever evolving throughout the course of the event.

-Do you record before opening night or cast preview, when you risk actors not being as comfortable and effects not being installed yet?
-Do you record toward the end of the event when you'll find people comfortable in their roles, but while some effects are installed others may have broken? Not to mention gaps in the cast from people dropping.
-Or do you try and hit in the sweet spot a couple weeks in, but have to shut down a house for multiple run-throughs on a busy night?

That said, I'm happy for anything we get to fill the void!

I'm excited/hopeful to see some high-quality walkthroughs of houses I haven't seen. My first HHN was 26, so I'd love to see stuff from 25 that people talk about so much.

I think they're going to post run throughs of all of this years houses, charge money to access a website to see it maybe? But pro-shot, perfect run throughs would be pretty cool, no queues, no changeover of scare actors etc.

They've already got all these rights tied up, charge money and the right holders can get a small cut and Universal make a bit extra to keep going too...

Unless they plan on scrapping the entire event they had planned for 2020 and redesigning from the ground up for 2021, I can't see that happening. Given how hard the park has been hit I would think some aspects/houses will just be 'slightly refreshed' a year from now.

Perhaps that could vary given how their contracts with the IPs goes. Of the heavily rumored IPs that were 'allegedly' on the slate, I could see a few of them being replaced in a year's time but who knows how that'll shake up.

I'd just be really surprised if they release a lot with regards to the 2020 event that's not going to happen. I imagine it'd be more archival type stuff. Either way I'll take whatever they want to give!