Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit | Page 30 | Inside Universal Forums

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Jason and I went out to Uni yesterday for the first time in a long time and I must say, the stage area looks fantastic! RockIt is coming along nicely too.

Any new track up? And does the stage area look like it'll be ready for this weekend, which just happens to be Valentines Day weekend....

Well they had lights installed on the stage already and the whole area was cleared out and looked pretty finished. I would imagine they could start using the stage for Mardi Gras this weekend. I think The Village people might be the first to perform on it. I'm not sure though.

As for new track, I wouldn't know what's new and what's already been up because I haven't really followed the progress as closely as some of you. I did see a lot of track laid out in a field off Turkey Lake Road though.

I can't wait to see this thing in action!! Every few days it seems like they knock out some more track installation. Did Universal ever list the capacity of this bad boy?

I can't wait to see this thing in action!! Every few days it seems like they knock out some more track installation. Did Universal ever list the capacity of this bad boy?

"Rockit" – the roller coaster short name defines the program: While boarding the guests can choose what kind of music will accompany them on their fast-paced ride over the tracks. In the process the roller coaster manages the fine balancing-act between the superlative and the family ride. With 7 X-Car Tandems with 12 seats each Rockit has an extraordinary high capacity of 1850 pph.

http://www.rcdb.com/document297.htm

"Rockit" – the roller coaster short name defines the program: While boarding the guests can choose what kind of music will accompany them on their fast-paced ride over the tracks. In the process the roller coaster manages the fine balancing-act between the superlative and the family ride. With 7 X-Car Tandems with 12 seats each Rockit has an extraordinary high capacity of 1850 pph.

http://www.rcdb.com/document297.htm

That seems like a lot of people.

I'm really curious to see how long the waits will be for this ride.

Someone over at IOAC ran the numbers for ride time noting that 4 trains, 12 people per train and 1850 peeps per hour comes up with 1:33. 5 train gives a ride time of 1:57 We don't know if they were using 4 or 5 trains to come up with the 1850pp/hr number so the ride time will be between 1:33 and 1:57.

I hope they can really reach those numbers and that the continuously moving loading platform doesn't cause any problems. Should be interesting to see how that type of loading transitions to a coaster of Rockit's size.

Wow, I remember last year when this thing was just mounds of dirt. It has matured so much :(, but, hopefully this bad boy will be in softies before the end of Mardi Gras.