Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 115 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Well can we potentially assume a higher top speed of the ride (i.e. bottom of the zero g roll) due to increased train mass (PE=mgh, thanks physics)?

I guess theoretically, the train hit the bottom of the cobra roll at a higher speed as it accelerates towards the ground. I think this is where the trim brakes were discussed. The launch definitely wouldn't be faster, it would just require more force to hit the same speed.

Reactions: DrIanMalcom
Well can we potentially assume a higher top speed of the ride (i.e. bottom of the zero g roll) due to increased train mass (PE=mgh, thanks physics)?

PE =mgh
KE = .5mv^2

when taking PE to KE the mass cancels out. but with the launch you have KE at the top anyways to if the launch speed does get bumped up then yeah overall speed goes up. But like people have mentioned before. If it goes to lsm then I dont think they will make it launch to 50 but instead maybe go 0-40 in 1.5 vs the 2 seconds it did previously. Having the launch feel more intense without changing the dynamics of the rest of the ride.

If the brakes are friction and not magnetic, I would think it's more likely the New Hulk launch would be an updated version of the original launch system and not LIMS. Why would they use friction brakes if they had a LIMS setup?

Ever since I went to Cedar Point a couple years ago, the coasters here are like babies to me now. If height is a factor, just remember that Hulk is 110 ft. and Dragon Challenge somehow is 125ft. Cheetah Hunt is 102ft. but with a 130ft. drop, yet that seems small to me as well. Ah, coaster statistics, love them.

I always love talking to locals here that don't know much about coasters and think it doesn't get too much crazier.. When I tell them I've been on a coaster 4 times the height of Hulk and it goes 128 mph they're shocked..

I always love talking to locals here that don't know much about coasters and think it doesn't get too much crazier.. When I tell them I've been on a coaster 4 times the height of Hulk and it goes 128 mph they're shocked..
Lol kind of the same. Grew up in Michigan so been to cedar pointe a ton and love hearing people talk about how fast the hulk is. I just think to myself, yeah not even close.

Reactions: maxairmike and Andy
If the brakes are friction and not magnetic, I would think it's more likely the New Hulk launch would be an updated version of the original launch system and not LIMS. Why would they use friction brakes if they had a LIMS setup?

I have never heard anything that would lead me to believe the launch is changing. It will get a retread as it were but same launch from what I know

Hulk is an awesome coaster, but there are some real beasties out there. Top Thrill and Kingdom Ka are a real kick in the pants. But my all time favorite is Millennium Force. 310', 96mph. Airtime, over banked turns. It's just a steller roller coaster.

Hulk is an awesome coaster, but there are some real beasties out there. Top Thrill and Kingdom Ka are a real kick in the pants. But my all time favorite is Millennium Force. 310', 96mph. Airtime, over banked turns. It's just a steller roller coaster.

MF is a fantastic coaster!! Actually planning on checking out Fury 325 soon as well.

Reactions: sjago13
I have never heard anything that would lead me to believe the launch is changing. It will get a retread as it were but same launch from what I know

I think it's been mentioned that the launch is getting upgraded to an LSM like Thunderbird and maybe a quicker launch. If I was to guess, the trim brakes would be to slow the trains down so they don't exert any extra forces on the track that wasn't designed for the excessive speed that the launch might give it.

This is where I got the idea that LIMS were a possibility for the launch.

Last edited:

I just looked this roller coaster up. If I'm still scared to ride the Hulk, I can only imagine trying to ride MF. I did the POV Youtube video and man, you go up so high. I would either pass out or poop myself from being so scared going up the lift hill. :poop:

Height doesn't matter if it's not used. My favorite ride at CP is still Maverick, only 110 ft tall but an overbanked fall using LSM lift hill.

When my daughter is tall enough to ride everything, we will for sure be going to Cedar Point. I went there as a kid, so can't wait to take my daughter. I know there is even more and better coasters than when I went. We are up in Pittsburgh/WV area once a year, so we will have to add Ohio to that trip.

Height doesn't matter if it's not used. My favorite ride at CP is still Maverick, only 110 ft tall but an over banked downhill using an accelerated lift hill.
Maverick is amazing with a couple of insane airtime moments. First time on it I screamed and got hit in the back of the throat with a mayfly. Never again that time of year., It's about the lift hill speed that makes the height not as relevant, I also love magnum but it is best around the center back I have to ride to remember the exact row, but there is a distinct sweet spot that is the smoothest ride. It has been my most consistent favorite among st changing experiences in coasters.

MF is a one trick pony to me. The height and speed are great, but after the drop, the rest of the ride is meh. I'm not a magnum fan as I feel it hasn't aged well, but if they would have designed MF with more airtime like Magnum, it would be a better ride. When I go to CP, it's either Dragster or Maverick for me for first/most rides.