Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 33 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
The problem with HRRR is it breaks the theme in a nonsensical way. A modern coaster bursting out of a firehouse window in NYC, makes no sense.

I think holding on to the premise that USF has any unifying theme (with the exception of Diagon) is holding on to the past. A first-timer would view the park as just big one fun zone; a celebration of entertainment and pop culture with different experiences layered on top and next to each other. So in that regard, I'm fine with a coaster bursting out of a firehouse window. They made the decision to do that because it was ridiculous and fun, and I'm fine with that.

Sorry, don't mean to venture off-topic.

I think holding on to the premise that USF has any unifying theme (with the exception of Diagon) is holding on to the past. A first-timer would view the park as just big one fun zone; a celebration of entertainment and pop culture with different experiences layered on top and next to each other. So in that regard, I'm fine with a coaster bursting out of a firehouse window. They made the decision to do that because it was ridiculous and fun, and I'm fine with that.

Sorry, don't mean to venture off-topic.

I love HRRR spewing out of that building as well, brilliant if you ask me. Aesthetically it is a great coaster, so is Hulk.
Agreed on both accounts.

Reactions: IzzyB
I wonder if KHS&S will be doing the exterior theming on the new Hulk building, perhaps subbing for Nassal? Perhaps Nassal has pre fabbed some of the new ornamentation but the other will install it?

I wonder if KHS&S will be doing the exterior theming on the new Hulk building, perhaps subbing for Nassal? Perhaps Nassal has pre fabbed some of the new ornamentation but the other will install it?

On a project of this scale and within this time frame I'd imagine all those sets are built. Just seems like something they'd do to expedite the process.

Hard to believe that Universal has 4 rides, 2 hotels, and 1 water park all announced and/or under construction. Holy cow!

I'm very excited for the new Hulk. I loved this coaster but my bones were getting too old for the shake, rattle and roll. I will be able to add this attraction back to my ride list now.

Hard to believe that Universal has 4 rides, 2 hotels, and 1 water park all announced and/or under construction. Holy cow!

I'm very excited for the new Hulk. I loved this coaster but my bones were getting too old for the shake, rattle and roll. I will be able to add this attraction back to my ride list now.

First half was insane, the second half ruined the overall experience of the ride. Came off it personally feeling like it had the potential to be the best rollercoaster in Florida, yet somehow was 5th or 6th on my list. I am personally hoping for a reroute of the second half, to both add excitement to the layout, and potentially open up a massive space for a new marvel attraction.