Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 39 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
I've always liked the food at Morocco Epcot. No reservations needed. And both the quick service & regular restaurant have good food, large portions, at decent prices. At the quick service the lamb dish had a ton of lamb and it was prepared well. But the new restaurant on the lake front, Spice Road I believe is the name, isn't doing very well.

:( I developed an allergy to goat cheese and lamb later in life so I sadly skip places like this. My husband goes to the quick service place. He also loves the gyros as the sandwich place in Old Towne.

Reactions: Mad Dog
I believe Sean, and the others on Parkscope were the ones that talked about MSHI getting redone to match the MCU, including hulk being redone to match that and that Dr. Doom would seem the most likely to go within a few years for a new Avengers dark ride.

And it makes some sense in a few ways.

This makes no sense to me. Assuming that Universal Orlando can build new attractions. There is almost no chance that Universal will ever be allowed to build an attraction to the MCU. The original contract clearly states that Universal was given style guidelines they were required to follow in the design and construction.

The style guidelines in question would have been written before the MCU even existed. Assuming that they have been continuously updated since the original agreement there is no reason why they would have been expanded to include more then just the comic books.

This makes no sense to me. Assuming that Universal Orlando can build new attractions. There is almost no chance that Universal will ever be allowed to build an attraction to the MCU. The original contract clearly states that Universal was given style guidelines they were required to follow in the design and construction.

The style guidelines in question would have been written before the MCU even existed. Assuming that they have been continuously updated since the original agreement there is no reason why they would have been expanded to include more then just the comic books.

I suggest you listen to our podcast with Robert Niles from Theme Park Insider. We break down the can's and can not's of the contract. I believe it's around the 20 min mark.

Orlando United Radio – Episode 41: Inceptionland « Orlando United

Just do what I do and don't try to keep track or understanding of this contract. Old information is old, contract is complex, listen and trust those that know and understand it.

Reactions: Macfr3ak
Hmm... I hadn't seen this movie so I was unaware of this scene:

maxresdefault.jpg

That vertical thing to the left of the heat lamps in the cooking area is shawarma.

Just do what I do and don't try to keep track or understanding of this contract. Old information is old, contract is complex, listen and trust those that know and understand it.

I think there are so many views you can take on it that any idea could be a possibility.

I do wonder though how older members of the Marvel family feel about Universal having the theme park rights. On one hand, they're owned by Disney but on the other, you have Universal who, I guess you could say took a gamble by putting Marvel into their parks. If you look back to Marvel in 1999, this is before MCU, before the first trilogy of Spider-Man films, before X-Men. Their biggest film to date was Blade and you have Universal who had complete faith in them. There must be a lot of love for Universal there and I'm sure they would love to do some new projects if they had the chance.

There is a slight difference between shawarma and donenr kebab I think. Anyway I always loved donner kebab, ate it a lot when I lived in Belgium.

I think there are so many views you can take on it that any idea could be a possibility.

I do wonder though how older members of the Marvel family feel about Universal having the theme park rights. On one hand, they're owned by Disney but on the other, you have Universal who, I guess you could say took a gamble by putting Marvel into their parks. If you look back to Marvel in 1999, this is before MCU, before the first trilogy of Spider-Man films, before X-Men. Their biggest film to date was Blade and you have Universal who had complete faith in them. There must be a lot of love for Universal there and I'm sure they would love to do some new projects if they had the chance.
Not sure if it was so much complete faith or that the price was right for a gamble. Remember alternatively to MSHI there was also concept art for DC Island.

Not sure if it was so much complete faith or that the price was right for a gamble. Remember alternatively to MSHI there was also concept art for DC Island.
Either way, I'd be pretty annoyed if I worked at Marvel that Universal managed to bring two cutting edge rides at the time and Disney, after 7 years develop a ride using technology from the 80s. But that's neither here nor there.

aah... so donner, gyro and shawarma are all basically the same thing... but each culture has put their own name and twist of presentation on it. I learned me something new. :)
Biggest difference with gyro is that the meat is sliced larger, besides that, yes, all very similar. Here where I live there is a little gyro place, they have a "king gyros" which is a gyro smothered with feta cheese, it is delicious!

Reactions: greendude33
For the British view on this, we call this a kebab and it is what you eat after drinking. Add one of these next to a pub and they'll make a fortune.

Doner kebab - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

We call it :poop: on a stick, because that literally what it is.

Imagine compressed mixed minced lamb formed from goodness knows and mixed with goodness knows what, then stuck on a stick.

In the takeaway restaurants, I have never worked out how the are legally allowed to use them as it breaks every Food Safety law there is. There's gas burners behind the rotating stick so the outside get warmed and charred.

At the end of the night they put them away (presumably in the fridge), and the next day are heated all over again.

Repeat daily until all used. Given the size of them, they start off absolute massive, a good foot diameter and at least 4ft high so some places the same one must last at least a week.

The first few bites are quite tasty, then a few more and you realise its the greasiest most disgusting thing you've ever had. If you're totally blotto, you may consume half a portion before realising this.