Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 73 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Unknown from OI has just thrown out some really cool rumors, such as:

It will be longer (in time) and the speed has increased. The ride will now be 2:15 in time as opposed to 1:30 before.
He/She uses the words "hint, hint" to describe the time difference.

Also, expect themed metal detectors.
New Rumor...The coaster goes through a tunnel with the 7 Dwarfs singing Hi Ho Hi Ho, The Hulk Can Really Go. ;)

Could they move the station further back and have a longer, more elaborate launch tunnel/sequence before you even reach the launch tunnel?

Even if you moved the station back, whatever happened further ahead would be visible to whoever is waiting to board. The only way I can see something happening is if it happens in the launch tunnel and something after the ride comes to a stop.

If the rumours are true, I don't see how they can make it faster and longer without adding something major at the start or end or both.

Reactions: Ryno27
Even if you moved the station back, whatever happened further ahead would be visible to whoever is waiting to board. The only way I can see something happening is if it happens in the launch tunnel and something after the ride comes to a stop.

If the rumours are true, I don't see how they can make it faster and longer without adding something major at the start of end or both.
I have faith Universal could come up with something to make it so you wouldn't be able to see what is visible. I think that would be the easiest of their problems, no?

Thats exactly where my thinking was and story wise it would make more sense to add to the beginning, not the end, in my mind.

I have faith Universal could come up with something to make it so you wouldn't be able to see what is visible. I think that would be the easiest of their problems, no?

Thats exactly where my thinking was and story wise it would make more sense to add to the beginning, not the end, in my mind.

I doubt it, it's a straight line and they need to give the train a wide birth. That's why the track turns a corner slightly before launching to keep it hidden.

The tunnel has a lot of potential with what could be done though. Put a full wrapped screen around the rider the length of the launch tube. I'm sure they could make one hell of a transition from Bruce Banner to the Hulk.

After the brake run, they could show a half naked Bruce Banner AA after returning to normal running out the exit.

But wouldn't this all mess with capacity. I don't know that I believe this rumor. This guy hasn't been very accurate, have they?

As long a dispatch time remains the same it wont affect capacity unless the vehicles are bigger/smaller. As it formerly ran a train would have to wait for the preceding train to clear the brake run in the loop. That's about 45 seconds ride time from dispatch to block brake. Instead you can have a vehicle sitting in the tube for a 45 second show scene while the preceding train is running the front half of the track.

Always thought they would add to the tunnel from day 1. I like the idea of a scene in the tunnel while awaiting block brake system.

Reactions: Mad Dog
If this rumor turns out to be true, and the ride is 45 seconds longer and faster with an extended beginning and/or ending tunnel scene, and an enhanced queue, this will probably drive IOA attendance nearly as well as a new D or E attraction would.

If this rumor turns out to be true, and the ride is 45 seconds longer and faster with an extended beginning and/or ending tunnel scene, and an enhanced queue, this will probably drive IOA attendance nearly as well as a new D or E attraction would.
Yeah I believe whatever they're doing besides the track is going to really blow people's mind. Everyone is having cups of tea over Kong as the big hit for the summer because hulk is not new and only being redone, but they must not forget...hulk started it all when it comes to Ioa

With no POV's being posted online either, the hype machine will certainly be in full swing.

Yeah I believe whatever they're doing besides the track is going to really blow people's mind. Everyone is having cups of tea over Kong as the big hit for the summer because hulk is not new and only being redone, but they must not forget...hulk started it all when it comes to Ioa
Yeah, Hulk really has it's hard core fans. Word of mouth alone, not counting advertising, will drive swarms of Hulk & coaster fans to the park. The one two punch of Kong & Hulk is going to be awesome.

I don't know..u may be right but still both attractions were record breaking.

I think Spider-Man upped the game for everybody. Even now, I'd consider it in my top 5.

The Hulk was good and had a launch but it wasn't much more than say Kumba. Spider-Man was ahead of everything. The technology and vision was leaps and bounds ahead of anything out there.

Reactions: Ryno27 and IzzyB
With the improvements AND this being the first B&M taken down and rebuilt I think you will have coaster fans from all over the world coming to ride. It looks like I will be doing a LOT of standing in lines this summer :mad::ack:

Spider-Man was revolutionary and ground breaking. Total game changer.

Hulk was a B&M coaster w a launch.

Are you really comparing them? I cannot with this forum as of late.
Yeah I am comparing them. Both had almost equal amount of hype and at least for me I didn't hear as much hype for spiderman. But I am biased anyway because screens are just now starting to do it for me (potter) I'm a coaster junkie.

Spider-Man was revolutionary and ground breaking. Total game changer.

Hulk was a B&M coaster w a launch.

Are you really comparing them? I cannot with this forum as of late.
I agree with you on that one. Spiderman is a whole different category, you can't compare them.