Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 71 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
For some reason part of me wishes the supports were painted purple instead of gray. How do you all think that would look?
The colors immediately remind me of the traditional look of The Joker more than Hulk. I know Hulk wears the Purple shorts, but it's not the first thing that comes to mind. #DCLand

For some reason part of me wishes the supports were painted purple instead of gray. How do you all think that would look?

I Created this a while back, I think I've still got the file saved at home so I'll see what I can do when I get back from work later on.
gGyAAcE.jpg

Edit: I had 5mins at work while eating my breakfast but it's a bit messy.

BxppURB.jpg

Last edited:
I think the grey on the supports is to help them fade away so it does not look like a forest of stilts in purple or green. More of an illusion the track is floating in the sky. Nice work on that SW

Reactions: universal_fanatic
I prefer the green supports with purple track of the two. Mainly because I'm not a huge "purple" fan. Looks like the Prince coaster.

Are the brakes added later? I honestly don't know. But that straight section of track in the picture is where a brake run was previously

If the look at the track at the straight bit, the box section drops lower down under the rail.
lrg-93-kumba-brakes1.jpg

I had always thought the track would arrive with the brakes already installed too until I seen this the other day.

Are the brakes added later? I honestly don't know. But that straight section of track in the picture is where a brake run was previously
It would be awesome to breeze right through there without slowing down but I have a feeling the brakes are coming because they'll need more than one "block" for the main portion of the ride. Otherwise they'd be killing the capacity of the coaster.

It would be awesome to breeze right through there without slowing down but I have a feeling the brakes are coming because they'll need more than one "block" for the main portion of the ride. Otherwise they'd be killing the capacity of the coaster.

Bingo.

Yeah, that's still too much purple. I'd need to wear my shades just to shield my eyes. That's like the antithesis of immersion.;) Much better in gray.

Could be worse.
adx26XC.jpg

But even saturating it quite a bit it's still not great.
FTu3GwI.jpg

Gray is the still the correct choice after 17 years.

Reactions: JoeCamel