Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb | Page 92 | Inside Universal Forums

Incredible Hulk Coaster Refurb

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Starting to believe those I-beams are for something to do with the scenery, may even something to be attached to them. All I do know is man were close!!!!!!!!!!!

Looking a the new picture on the OU facebook page:

10399827_10153639076447772_6210540722044472893_n.jpg

Once that support is in, there is no way they're easily going to be able to unbolt it and replace it with the normal support.

I have a question if anybody can answer it. When two pieces of track are bolted together, are the rails also welded together? They always look perfectly smooth like one piece of steel but I cant get my head around with how much steel can move and flex that it can't just be bolted together.

12805665_1701700313408913_8850040990881798012_n.jpg

As can be seen on Mako, they superglue the joints together with a roller ;)

I'm pretty sure they just bolt it together, no welding. That's the level of perfection needed behind roller coasters! I know they welded The Smiler... but that's because it didn't fit :) That's why you spend money on B&M, not Gerstlauer.

My hype levels are building though with each piece that's completed out on the lake now though! August, please hurry up!

12805665_1701700313408913_8850040990881798012_n.jpg

As can be seen on Mako, they superglue the joints together with a roller ;)

I'm pretty sure they just bolt it together, no welding. That's the level of perfection needed behind roller coasters! I know they welded The Smiler... but that's because it didn't fit :) That's why you spend money on B&M, not Gerstlauer.

My hype levels are building though with each piece that's completed out on the lake now though! August, please hurry up!

You've now had me go through every photo on the Mako Madness FB page. That coaster is going to look amazing at night once it opens.

Anyway, I came across this photo which looks like some heat has been applied to the track although there does appear to be the smallest of small gaps between the pieces still.
12747522_1697118040533807_3102745387825887970_o.jpg

Is the construction worker maybe painting the track in your photo to fix the paint after welding?

Reactions: Ryno27
You've now had me go through every photo on the Mako Madness FB page. That coaster is going to look amazing at night once it opens.

Anyway, I came across this photo which looks like some heat has been applied to the track although there does appear to be the smallest of small gaps between the pieces still.
12747522_1697118040533807_3102745387825887970_o.jpg

Is the construction worker maybe painting the track in your photo to fix the paint after welding?
That's funny this was posted because I was just wondering how that was done also. I was thinking wouldn't we hear bumps as the coaster went across the attached pieces, but this confirms it all. Wow that's very precise cutting and measuring:clap:

Reactions: Scott W.
Looking a the new picture on the OU facebook page:

10399827_10153639076447772_6210540722044472893_n.jpg

Once that support is in, there is no way they're easily going to be able to unbolt it and replace it with the normal support.

Not sure if anybody else noticed, but the track appears to expand from the loop to the cobra roll, right after the support by the lift. Anybody else see this? Or is it just me?

I'm pretty sure those photos are fake. Universal emphasized how great the new queue will be and I don't think their standards for that are just changing a few colors. I also don't think they would replace entire ride vehicles and use the same restraints.

so then all we are missing is the launch roll and the rest of the cobra loop? hopefully 2-3 weeks track complete :)
Definately!! I think the remaining work is being done overnight. Pics were posted early this morning. I believe they don't risk that big crane operating during park hours being that it crosses over walkways.

The lack of information on this project is exciting/scary depending on how you look at it (espeically compared to all the Kong info). I remember originally a "potter-level" queue being talked about but that seems far-fetched without a full station rebuild. I personally would love to see it very futuristic like this concept art of Bruce Banner's lab from The Avengers (credit to blaster.com). Time will tell.
helicarrier-banners-lab.jpg

Track is definitely not welded together, only ever bolted. If there was discrepancies of a millimetre or so they'd just sand it down and re-paint it like the hulk picture above.

Looking at the track up close it makes sense, I thought the rail was kind of floating when it connects for some reason. Something similar to this:

medium.jpg

Looking at it now, I see the rail is connected to the spine at the point they're bolted together so there will be virtually no movement.

Leviathan-Canadas-Wonderland-Giga-Coaster-6.jpg

Still though, that's actually amazing.

Last edited:
The lack of information on this project is exciting/scary depending on how you look at it (espeically compared to all the Kong info). I remember originally a "potter-level" queue being talked about but that seems far-fetched without a full station rebuild. I personally would love to see it very futuristic like this concept art of Bruce Banner's lab from The Avengers (credit to blaster.com). Time will tell.
helicarrier-banners-lab.jpg

The big question on this refurb is if we get the MCU version of Hulk, what will that mean for the rest of MSHI....the opening of the Hulk queue may give us our first hint!

Reactions: DrIanMalcom