IoA Soundtrack | Page 2 | Inside Universal Forums

IoA Soundtrack

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Just an update. I was at IOA this weekend and recorded a snippet of Ocean Trader Market. It's different than the soundtrack version as I said in the first part. Enjoy and if anyone wants to be so kind, please make a longer better recording. I just went to the far right of the entrance where there was a large wooden-looking pole that cased speakers. It was recorded with my iPhone.

http://vimeo.com/9651902

I love the Ocean Traders Market tune as you enter. It's so simple, but feels quite magical and completely gets me in the mood for IOA :pop:
I've been playing that tune in my head a lot in this lead-up to going there!

Just an update. I was at IOA this weekend and recorded a snippet of Ocean Trader Market. It's different than the soundtrack version as I said in the first part. Enjoy and if anyone wants to be so kind, please make a longer better recording. I just went to the far right of the entrance where there was a large wooden-looking pole that cased speakers. It was recorded with my iPhone.

AWESOME!!! I too love Ocean Trader so much that it's programmed to play in my office every morning when i "suppose" to walk in. I love the in park one version. The bells and sounds just overwhelm you. then that low but powerful "dong" sound that hits you. IOA knew what they were doing when they made that track.

AWESOME!!! I too love Ocean Trader so much that it's programmed to play in my office every morning when i "suppose" to walk in. I love the in park one version. The bells and sounds just overwhelm you. then that low but powerful "dong" sound that hits you. IOA knew what they were doing when they made that track.
William Kidd is a great composer. He crafted a great sound for IoA.

I'm actually really glad this topic was bumped. I'm going to try doing some induction recording soon. I listen to several WDW radio stations (MouseWorld, Sorcerer, and D-Cot) and really want an outlet for Universal audio too. I know I could do some on-ride ones pretty easily (Spidey, Seuss Trolley, FJ) and some ambient audio (Ocean Trader Market in-park version, Broom Hilda crash, etc.) The only problem is that Universal does not do music even close to the extent that Disney does (How many different versions of "It's Fun to be Free" are there again?) Does anyone have recommendations for custom audio that can only be heard in the parks, including alternate versions of songs from the soundtrack?

Thank you so much! I've been looking for that version for quite some time now (even though I found it 3 years later than when you posted it, hahaha). I usually have to hear by watching Port of Entry walk-through videos on YouTube, but this makes it much easier.

And it would be awesome to have a Universal Orlando radio. Maybe you could include some of the epic film scores heard around the parks, such as the E.T. theme song, Jurassic Park, Harry Potter, etc. And some of the old music from areas such as Merlinwood would be neat also. There's the soundtrack one, and this one: http://m.youtube.com/watch?v=IjpNLVJ0EmQ At least, I think that was played in the park...

Last edited:
I'm actually really glad this topic was bumped. I'm going to try doing some induction recording soon. I listen to several WDW radio stations (MouseWorld, Sorcerer, and D-Cot) and really want an outlet for Universal audio too. I know I could do some on-ride ones pretty easily (Spidey, Seuss Trolley, FJ) and some ambient audio (Ocean Trader Market in-park version, Broom Hilda crash, etc.) The only problem is that Universal does not do music even close to the extent that Disney does (How many different versions of "It's Fun to be Free" are there again?) Does anyone have recommendations for custom audio that can only be heard in the parks, including alternate versions of songs from the soundtrack?

There is an alternate version of "Jurassic Calypso" that only plays in the park. You can find it by the JPRA splash zone.

Also the music played on the bridge from LC to Seuss is not on the soundtrack.

I've got the entire soundtrack... would anyone want it uploaded as a .zip file? Providing it's legal of course..

Yeah I've been clamoring for some kind of outlet to get all the music played in Universal. Mostly all the music from Port of Entry and Marvel. Tons of music that are not on the soundtrack. I don't have the tools to do so, I experimented with my old enV phone about 3 years ago but it caught too much background noise, people talking, roaring of Hulk etc.

An outlet for Universal music is a really great idea. Huge untapped market. I'm really honestly surprised no one has jumped on such an idea yet.

Thanks, this thread has inspired me to put some of my uni photos to music. Been meaning to do it since August:lol:

I've experimented with it somewhat at the parks and I've been getting advice from those who have done it. But whoever else wants to try it, you have my blessing. I just want the music to be available anytime.