Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 19 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
There was also the rumor floating around that B&M wasn't willing to build the vertical lift-hill, non-inverting loop, and 2 separate track courses at the end. Not sure if there's any truth to that rumor or not, but it would make sense, as B&M has never done anything like that before and they're pretty conservative in their designs.

Could be, B&M likes to be in charge ... but then they are probably the most reliable coaster company, the haute couture of coaster :)

- - - Updated - - -

It seems they have a new policy now on HRRR (at least when I was there Thursday); absolutely nothing in the pockets and no lanyards. I was asked to remove my lanyard and everything from my pockets, so I was going to secure it in my cargo pockets but I was told it had to be in a locker. I asked if this was a new policy and they told me yes. Two times in the queue there was an attendant standing there who asked people if they had anything in their pockets.

If they think I (or anyone else) are going to leave our glasses, wallets, etc., in a locker when we have perfectly good zippable/snapable/buttonable cargo pockets, they're going to be in for a hell of a lot of pissed off customers. That's absolutely ridiculous!

Answering the question: Is Rockit a success or failure?
For me it's a failure. Not the coaster itself, I haven't been on it but it ruined the New York area in a big way (and the Ghostbusters building façade) and you can see it from almost every place in the park. I don't mind it behind the stage, I actually like the effect but as a part of the studios and the impact it has it's a huge fail.

I didn't think anything of it when they asked me if I had anything in my pockets 2 days ago. I rode with cargo pockets filled and sunglasses on, but nobody seemed to care.

I'm assuming there must have been a loose article problem recently.

I wonder if perhaps in the part where the track twists vertically above the beginning of the queue, if perhaps there has been an incident where something had fallen out of someone's pocket and hit someone. They have a net there though, but you never know.

A friend of mine was asked to take his brand new phone off his belt holster and put it in his pocket a few years ago. Fast forward to the first roll and his phone was no longer in his pocket, so I can see where they are coming from on this one.

Yeah. My friend lost his phone on the hill as well. I bet that's the problem spot. Maybe they sometimes land on the track below and pieces get caught in the chain or what not. They actually found his phone the following day after it down poured and it still worked. And still does a year later.

Or they could be testing it out to see how it's received. If it works well enough they might implement it to bring back a prominent feature at another attraction which recently had a loose article problem...

Or they could be testing it out to see how it's received. If it works well enough they might implement it to bring back a prominent feature at another attraction which recently had a loose article problem...

It would be nice if that were true, but I don't think they would be willing to even try it for said other ride. I also believe it was part of the law suit for it to not do said thing again to keep a similar occurrence from happening to someone else.

That would be nice...I would sacrifice getting a locker every time for DD if it meant it could dual again

I asked an attendant at HRRR and they said it is something they are considering for all coasters.
I understand the reasoning, but I think that if something is properly secured in a buttoned or zippered pocket that this should not be a problem.

Never say never but I have serious reservations that we'll ever see the Dragons duel again...especially if it no longer dueling was part of a legal settlement (not sure that I believe that though...I think it was more of a knee-jerk reaction by corporate and legal at Universal). One could certainly hope though!

Rockit is my favorite coaster. Maybe I'm just lucky, but everytime I've been on it, it's been so smooth. And I LOVE the personalized music blasting in your ears!

Never say never but I have serious reservations that we'll ever see the Dragons duel again...especially if it no longer dueling was part of a legal settlement (not sure that I believe that though...I think it was more of a knee-jerk reaction by corporate and legal at Universal). One could certainly hope though!

I was told by a VIP tour guide that Dragon's ride control system was modified so that it could NOT duel even if the ops wanted to. I'm sure there is a way to undo the mods, but that might involve spending money...

I was told by a VIP tour guide that Dragon's ride control system was modified so that it could NOT duel even if the ops wanted to. I'm sure there is a way to undo the mods, but that might involve spending money...

Makes sense, I know I have had it a few times that the coaster leave the station together, but then as soon as they hit the lift hill the chain on one of them pulls much slower; so probably the ride is programmed so that when both go on the lifthill one of them automatically gets slowed down. If you think about it, it is really smart because that way dispatching of coasters is not hindered as much.

- - - Updated - - -

So, has anybody recently been on HRRR? Are they still asking for people to empty their pockets?

Lol, they could change the ride to TSA: the experience; they pat you down, have you go through a full body scanner etc :lol:

Rockit was down most of HHN opening weekend. Saw it testing every now and again, but heard it only opened at the end of Saturday night. It would be nice if they get it up and going for future nights, as it would definitely help wait times for the houses...

Rockit was down most of HHN opening weekend. Saw it testing every now and again, but heard it only opened at the end of Saturday night. It would be nice if they get it up and going for future nights, as it would definitely help wait times for the houses...
Oh Rockit...I wonder what the backlash would be if they decided to ditch it for an updated B&M