Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
I've never heard of a park intentionally valleying a coaster so I doubt it's for that. Usually they add trim brakes either to lessen stress on riders or the track/vehicles. They must be finding the trains running faster than planned through the loop and needed to slow it a little.

See but if they needed to slow the trains a little why have 8-10 full on (not magnetic, but friction based) brakes on the drop? I agree with you it seems like far more of a hassle to intentionally valley a train to get guests off but might it be easier/less newsworthy in the long run than holding them on the vertical lift and evacuating them that way? Also I've ridden the ride since the addition of the brakes and haven't been able to feel any difference in speed going down the drop.

Just rode rockit for the first time yesterday and it was amazing! The bad thing about it was it was super shaky. I never got a headache and it never bothered me, but it was constantly vibrating. I could compare it to as if the car was loose on the track or the track had severe dents in it. It was going so fast I thought it was going to fly off the track, but still really fun. The cars speakers were staticky and I could tell they've been through a lot of rain. The brake runs were so abrupt that my head would jerk forward that I almost hit my head on te bar. But I still loved it and I'd ride it every trip. It was thrilling, unique, and it's an amazing addition. This coaster ranks under hulk and DC for sure.

Reactions: tankart150
Just rode rockit for the first time yesterday and it was amazing! The bad thing about it was it was super shaky. I never got a headache and it never bothered me, but it was constantly vibrating. I could compare it to as if the car was loose on the track or the track had severe dents in it. It was going so fast I thought it was going to fly off the track, but still really fun. The cars speakers were staticky and I could tell they've been through a lot of rain. The brake runs were so abrupt that my head would jerk forward that I almost hit my head on te bar. But I still loved it and I'd ride it every trip. It was thrilling, unique, and it's an amazing addition. This coaster ranks under hulk and DC for sure.
HRRR is often a hit or miss, sometimes it feels like an old wooden coaster, other times it is relatively smooth. Usually I have no problem with the music, except for the few times that the secret songs don't want to work. Anyway, generally I like riding it.

A bunch of people have already brought this up, but the song list is ridiculously old and needs to be updated. There's still good stuff on there, especially if you count secret songs, but there is so much more that could be added. A lot of the genres listed on the ride have changed so much since 2009. They could honestly advertise a new song list as a new addition in between bigger stuff like SNW or FnF.

A bunch of people have already brought this up, but the song list is ridiculously old and needs to be updated. There's still good stuff on there, especially if you count secret songs, but there is so much more that could be added. A lot of the genres listed on the ride have changed so much since 2009. They could honestly advertise a new song list as a new addition in between bigger stuff like SNW or FnF.

I feel like it was sold to us on the basis of it being easily updated and the promise was not kept.

I'm amazed that it hasn't been updated either. If any song was to be added, I would have thought Happy by Pharrell Williams given the Despicable Me link and just how popular the song was.

I'm amazed that it hasn't been updated either. If any song was to be added, I would have thought Happy by Pharrell Williams given the Despicable Me link and just how popular the song was.

I'm fairly certain that that is the only song that has been added.. or am I just dreaming?

I don't know if its just my body shape but that lap bar always hits my ribs and it makes riding it really painful. I wish they had over the shoulder straps for this ride.

Here's the old press release from when it was announced:

Adrenaline pumping and music thumping, you find yourself heading straight toward the sky. Suddenly, you are doing 65 mph, 17 stories over Universal Studios. Gasping with excitement, you rock out to a song you picked before strapping in. And, it’s all on video. Once the adventure is over, you edit the video to send to your friends.

This is true high-tech, customizable, multi-sensory entertainment. Scheduled to open in spring 2009, Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit will stake its claim as the most technologically advanced roller coaster in the world. The Universal Creative team is combining audio and special effects engineering, sophisticated on- and off-board video and one-of-a-kind guest personalization to create a roller coaster experience unlike any other.

“This is the perfect intersection of the digital age and theme park entertainment,” said Mark Woodbury, President of Creative for Universal Parks & Resorts. “Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit blends roller coaster intensity and guest interaction in a way where no two experiences will be the same.”

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit touts six near-miss moments and first-ever thrills including a record-breaking loop. Ride vehicles feature the brightest and most innovative color changing LEDs in the world. High-energy visual displays fill the queue line. With up to four ride vehicles on the tracks at any given time, and with concert lighting and special effects mixed in, Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit will be a true high-intensity, multi-sensory experience that is unmatched.

Guests can customize their ride experience by choosing what song will play while they’re on the roller coaster. LED boards in the queue lines will display song options from five genres (classic rock, rap, country, pop and disco). Once on-board, guests can choose their song or let the coaster’s digital sound system choose for them. When the ride is over, guests will be able to customize footage from their experience and compile it into a take-home music video.

Hollywood Rip, Ride, Rockit will be located near the Jimmy Neutron attraction traveling the southern perimeter of the Universal Studios theme park, over to the CityWalk lagoon and back.

I have to agree that the song list is extremely old I looked through the country section and didn't recognize any of the songs or I had no interest in them need to get some Aldean on there, so went back to Kickstart My Heart and I hope that stays on there or if they could add Thunderstruck I would be happy :thumbsup:

Last edited:
Nothing is as bad as the original Skyrush ("Thighcrush) restraints!
The ones on Hypersonic XLC were some of the worse I have encountered they seemed to weigh about 60lbs each and dug right into your stomach|
hqdefault.jpg