Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 27 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
If I were to call it a failure, it would only be due to the amount of down time this ride seems to have, but maybe I just notice it more since you can tell if the ride is running or not from so many vantage points, while most rides, I wouldn't know that they were down unless we tried to ride at a time it was down.

Personal, I'm not fond of the lift hill. I find it rather uncomfortable. I absolutely hate the seats on this ride as any pain I tend to get from riding, it's from the center part of the seat crushing my manhood.

Hey, does anyone know if there was ever water in the section that runs along the walkway to BMG? That part just feels way too bland, but to me, it looks like there should be water under you for that part of the run.

Hey, does anyone know if there was ever water in the section that runs along the walkway to BMG? That part just feels way too bland, but to me, it looks like there should be water under you for that part of the run.
Never was water there but I agree that it's rather bland

53% of us (Not me apparently, but I thought I voted on this already) But anyway, 53% of the community says RIP is a success.
However, this thread was strangely created just two months after RIP opened. I think if we were to have another vote, 53% of us would say it's a failure. #RockitReVote #HASTA2016

Reactions: captainmoch
I see them pulling the plug on this one. It doesn't fit thematically anywhere and was built at a time when Universal was looking for cheaper thrills to draw guests.

Now that Maurer is going out of the rides business Maurer to leave industry (awaiting confirmation) | TowersStreet Talk I wonder if it will effect the future of the ride? I'm sure they'll still be able to get parts and maintain it for some time to come, but at some point they may decide to pull the plug as it becomes more costly to maintain.

PLEASE let this be the beginning of the end. I don't care if they tear it down and build a good coaster where it was. Just get rid of the bad one.

PLEASE let this be the beginning of the end. I don't care if they tear it down and build a good coaster where it was. Just get rid of the bad one.

I've been under the impression that the general public enjoys it. Too, it has become a classic on the internet due to Fallon. Tearing it down at this point would cost Uni a whole lot more than just steel and vinyl.

Reactions: Mad Dog
Personally, the size of Rockit when you look about it is the size of the Plot of land that Hollywood has for Slop. Would they do a dark ride in that location? I doubt it, but it wouldn't be impossible.

Removing rock it allows for two small dark rides or two small outdoor attractions. One near twister and the other near the station area
Although if they every built something next to Fallon with a rock it removal they could build up I to multiple floors like a real new York city skyscraper type of thing . (not a skyscraper but the method of building a multiple level ride