Is Rockit a Success or Failure? | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Is Rockit a Success or Failure?

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Is Rockit a sucess or failure?

• A success

Votes: 179 51.4%
  • A failure

Votes: 118 33.9%
  • Still too early to tell

Votes: 51 14.7%

• Total voters
Every single time I bring someone into Universal who's never been there before, when we walk in the first thing they say is- What's that? Can we ride that first? This has happened dozens of times to me. And everytime we get off the ride they say "wow, that was amazing". So maybe us theme park snobs, (myself included), who think this is an eyesore that doesn't belong anywhere in the park, maybe we're missing the point. This ride is hugely popular. And to most people it's a fun roller coaster that's smoother than anything they have at their unkempt local amusement park.

Every single time I bring someone into Universal who's never been there before, when we walk in the first thing they say is- What's that? Can we ride that first? This has happened dozens of times to me. And everytime we get off the ride they say "wow, that was amazing". So maybe us theme park snobs, (myself included), who think this is an eyesore that doesn't belong anywhere in the park, maybe we're missing the point. This ride is hugely popular. And to most people it's a fun roller coaster that's smoother than anything they have at their unkempt local amusement park.
Yes, I agree with what you say. Plus it gives the park great kinetic energy as you enter. I'm basically a tourist, and still look at attractions through my tourist eyes. Much of the criticisms of attractions I read on various theme park threads are things I would never ever notice if I didn't read the forums. And I would bet the general public is about the same.

I don't think its a eyesore. I always thought it looks really cool at night with the lights. I don't know if there are snobs on here but I have noticed there are people with a different set of standards and expectations I never thought could exist.

RRR is like Fallon in a lot of ways. Popular with the guests but not a good ride/adds nothing new in a theme park fans eyes.

Literally every time I go with my friends, automatically when they see a tall structure and a car going up it, that's what they want to ride first. The ride does look a little worn but I like how it looks.

Reactions: maroonmol
I forget it's there when I'm in dreamland of my next visit....I still ride, and enjoy it though. But the lift scares the sh*t out of me more than any other thing in Orlando I think.

It boggles my mind when people call this coaster smooth... it has to be one of the roughest steel coasters I've ever been on.
Perhaps a better description would be "quiet" instead of smooth. Without the music it is quite a quiet coaster. That could be confused as smooth I guess.

The fact that the songs haven't been updated since 2009 is a total failure.

That, and I'm pretty sure that queue video is a violation of the Geneva Convention. It's almost bad that they've been so successful lately. You could easily brand a summer promotion around a new Rockit track list and decent refurb. But they can just run the thing into the ground now and it'll still be popular.

Good observation. Perhaps that's one of the reasons opinions are so divergent.
One of the reasons I fear for my life while riding. I expect at least a somewhat consistent ride experience on a coaster. If it differs, I worry something is seriously wrong (like my car is about to fly off the track or those weird lap restraints will snap off their hinges.)

Reactions: Mad Dog
One of the reasons I fear for my life while riding. I expect at least a somewhat consistent ride experience on a coaster. If it differs, I worry something is seriously wrong (like my car is about to fly off the track or those weird lap restraints will snap off their hinges.)
....And something terrible goes wrong.:lol:...That's the perfect Universal thrill ride.

It boggles my mind when people call this coaster smooth... it has to be one of the roughest steel coasters I've ever been on.
It's not smooth, but certainly not the roughest coaster I've ridden.

The worst being the NYNY Coaster in Vegas! - It's the only ride I've every got off and said 'I NEVER want to ride that again'!

So were the trim brakes on the drop just put in so that in the event of a breakdown they can send the train over the lift and have it stop before the loop, so that riders aren't stranded 150 ft in the air? Maybe Universal got tired of the local news always descending on the ride whenever it breaks down, and this makes it better. There's clearly evac stairs positioned right at the bottom of the loop.

So were the trim brakes on the drop just put in so that in the event of a breakdown they can send the train over the lift and have it stop before the loop, so that riders aren't stranded 150 ft in the air? Maybe Universal got tired of the local news always descending on the ride whenever it breaks down, and this makes it better. There's clearly evac stairs positioned right at the bottom of the loop.
I've never heard of a park intentionally valleying a coaster so I doubt it's for that. Usually they add trim brakes either to lessen stress on riders or the track/vehicles. They must be finding the trains running faster than planned through the loop and needed to slow it a little.