Inside Universal Forums

Welcome to the Inside Universal Forums! Register a free account today to become a member. Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members and unlock our forums features!

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.

Journey to Atlantis

I think we would have seen that. It would've been a very noticeable project.

While I don't believe any track was changed, I honestly think they could of gotten away with doing some changes without us focusing on it since no one has really been paying any attention to that side of the attraction with all else going on around the park.

Construction walls were down yesterday and the ride was meant to reopen at 11h but did not do so due to technical difficulties. I was there until a little past 14h and it remained closed, I also think I heard someone say they had given up on opening yesterday due to whatever the problem was. The ride was not cycling either, so I think that it might be a problem with an effect.

Construction walls were down yesterday and the ride was meant to reopen at 11h but did not do so due to technical difficulties. I was there until a little past 14h and it remained closed, I also think I heard someone say they had given up on opening yesterday due to whatever the problem was. The ride was not cycling either, so I think that it might be a problem with an effect.

Good to know they care about an effect working this time.

lol who screwed it up?

If that's happening then all the triggers were deactivated for some reason, and the audio track was manually put on loop. This isn't something that just happens. Either they gave up or something is seriously broken with the effects.

It's on purpose. Cost saving measure.. No more audio or anything- just a soundtrack the whole ride.

And Blackstone can't understand why their attendance at their parks, throughout the USA, plummets. Sad......This attraction has the potential to be one of the best attractions in Orlando, if it was properly maintained.

They had to test because they made modifications and repairs to the ride track.

Blackstone has little sway over the directions of SWP&E at this point, they just get checks from them.

Hire a person who knows ride control and programming for a year and have them work at name your price for a year to figure this out over time and fix this. How does this have to be so expensive for nothing? Marquee ride wasting space in a cheap park. Can Blackstone please sell to anyone else? Please anyone with a decent brand they can tie to these parks buy them out. Seriously Blackstone is so bad anyone with an actual long term plan can buy them out at this point and make money,

This is really just sad. They could've at least fixed the audio and left one moving animation in there. If they didn't know how to maintain a dark ride, one shouldn't have been built.
While I agree they should try to maintain it or improve it, THEY didn't build it, Busch Entertainment did nearly 20 years ago. Since then the company has changed hands and priorities. A lot of the things they used to do was because they had all that AB money and the Busch Family spent money on the parks because they were good for their brand overall. The parks made money, but it wasn't a priority (or a necessity) for them to squeeze out every last dollar to keep investors happy. This is a different business than it used to be and spending priorities have to change. If they sunk tens of thousands of dollars into fixing what's wrong with it they wouldn't see much ROI. It just has to be a flume with some theme elements and 99% of the public will ride it on a hot day.