Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 21 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
i asked it in the the other thread but nobody answered lol soo is the dark ride the only thing that isnt happening now?...i sure hope they are gonna still update river adventure and add more stuff around the island!

As much as I want the dark ride to happen, IOA is lacking a family coaster that everyone can enjoy.

The coaster seems to be similar to Woody Woodpecker and FOTH in which case I wont be riding. Those rides are uncomfortable for adults. The dark ride was more for everyone to enjoy that's why I'm bummed.

I mean I'm 20 and skinny as a rail and the FOTH was still uncomfortable. Granted I'm 6'3" but still...

Last edited:
I'm about to watch it now actually lol.

lol yeah i came across it awhile back ago and i was like that would be really cool. I know its supposed to be for the family but im hoping since they scrapped the dark ride it might be somewhere along the lines of a thunder mountain type thrill. I know its most likely gonna be a seven dwarves type thrill but a guy can hope.

That's a real shame about the dark ride not happening. Will the Pteranodon Flyers coaster be replaced by the amber mine roller coaster or will it be in a different untapped location in JP?

Last edited:
That's a real shame about the dark ride not happening. Will the Pteranodon Flyers coaster be replaced by the amber mine roller coaster or will it be in a different untapped location in JP?

from what ive heard its going to be a different location. I wouldnt mind if they got rid of the flyers though personally. I really hope the dark ride is the only thing they are scrapping though.

Dumb question, is the dark ride the same as the ride that was going to replace the labs downstairs in the Discovery Center?

Hollywood is built for churning out "established" propertires nowadays. You can't really remake JP1, so you reboot the franchise and hope for the best.

You can easily re-make the first one. But make it good like the novel. They left out 1/4 of the dinosaur action from the book

- - - Updated - - -

Would there be any other ride in the place of the dark ride :( ?

The dark ride sounded "off" to me. Not disappointed at all that it won't happen. On the other hand, the amber mine coaster (if partially a dark ride) sounds brilliant to me.

Status
Not open for further replies.