Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 22 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Ugh.

That was the only part that sounded like an actual JP ride.. a wooden coaster in an amber mine is neat, but not exactly a JP thing. I was hoping to get something a little more themed.

Is there anything else of larger scale other than the wooden coaster and small additions and tweaks around the park?

from what ive heard its going to be a different location. I wouldnt mind if they got rid of the flyers though personally. I really hope the dark ride is the only thing they are scrapping though.
I like the flyers due to the fact that they add a little more "life" to the area. Plus, the younger kids seem to enjoy it.

Really, very disappointed about the dark ride not being included. I get that people like coasters and IOA needs a family coaster (allegedly). But having a dark ride experience themed to Jurassic Park, with you know actual dinosaurs, sounded incredible. Bummer.

Now I'm upset. I would have loved the dark ride 10x more then a family coaster and was looking forward to actually having a reason to go into the Discovery Center. :'(

Im starting to think you guys have to be more tight lipped with this stuff now..am i rite HTF?? maybe considering you told a lot about Springfield? which was an awesome little article btw! thanks for that! :krusty:

I'll put it like this and then I'll never speak of it again.

"Your on the radar"

We're gonna leave it that...

The dark ride sounded "off" to me. Not disappointed at all that it won't happen. On the other hand, the amber mine coaster (if partially a dark ride) sounds brilliant to me.

I agree...who was it supposed to be aimed at? Sure IOA needs family dark rides but this one seemed a little redundant passing through labs that already exist. Then there would be a fake educational lesson which really has no scholarly merit at all...and then a raptor encounter which sounds scary and uneven with the rest of the ride's tone. IoA doesn't need dark rides, they need good dark rides, and this one needed a little more thought IMO

So, it sounds like, maybe just maybe, DH and HTF are suggesting there may be a coaster, but just not in the location that was once rumored. Now, if this is true... not sure I like the idea any longer.

So, it sounds like, maybe just maybe, DH and HTF are suggesting there may be a coaster, but just not in the location that was once rumored. Now, if this is true... not sure I like the idea any longer.

The plot behind TF looks about the same size as Triceratops.

Last edited:
I agree...who was it supposed to be aimed at? Sure IOA needs family dark rides but this one seemed a little redundant passing through labs that already exist. Then there would be a fake educational lesson which really has no scholarly merit at all...and then a raptor encounter which sounds scary and uneven with the rest of the ride's tone. IoA doesn't need dark rides, they need good dark rides, and this one needed a little more thought IMO

Almost positive we didn't know everything about it. I'm sure there was more to it.

The way the dark ride was described to me the labs that are there now would be removed and that is where the loading platform would have been. But its moot point since They are not building the dark ride.

Status
Not open for further replies.