Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 255 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
image.jpeg
The yellow represent what should be taken out. The JP section that's labeled HP will be given to the wizarding world, and the Jurassic restaurant should be jut st torn down. I've been wanting the JP gate entrance when you walk in from toon lagoon like how it used to be before Kong. With the resturant in the way, it would look too cramped, but maybe keep halt of the resturant for a gift shop and put the entrance right back. (The blue circle shows the entrance). Next I want to talk about the abandoned triceratops encounter and camp Jurassic. We all know that the velociraptor encounter is just a temporary thing, and the whole thing looks like it was was done overnight. Camp Jurassic is dated, and it takes up a lot of space. If we take out that GOD DAMN FORSAKEN PTERANODON RIDE universal can claim its station, and that spot can be used for the flying dinosaur ride. The station should be very close to the beggining of JP so the coaster can makes its way down the area without having to come across something important. As long as the coaster stays within that region, I think the ride is a good idea. The problem with USJ's ride is that it just gets in the way of everything, and starts to look ugly. I like the ride, and the whole theme is very Jurassic industrial. I love the ride, and this that it will give a new vibe to the whole area. image.jpegimage.jpeg image.jpeg

Reactions: Tylereapple
View attachment 3513
The yellow represent what should be taken out. The JP section that's labeled HP will be given to the wizarding world, and the Jurassic restaurant should be jut st torn down. I've been wanting the JP gate entrance when you walk in from toon lagoon like how it used to be before Kong. With the resturant in the way, it would look too cramped, but maybe keep halt of the resturant for a gift shop and put the entrance right back. (The blue circle shows the entrance). Next I want to talk about the abandoned triceratops encounter and camp Jurassic. We all know that the velociraptor encounter is just a temporary thing, and the whole thing looks like it was was done overnight. Camp Jurassic is dated, and it takes up a lot of space. If we take out that GOD DAMN FORSAKEN PTERANODON RIDE universal can claim its station, and that spot can be used for the flying dinosaur ride. The station should be very close to the beggining of JP so the coaster can makes its way down the area without having to come across something important. As long as the coaster stays within that region, I think the ride is a good idea. The problem with USJ's ride is that it just gets in the way of everything, and starts to look ugly. I like the ride, and the whole theme is very Jurassic industrial. I love the ride, and this that it will give a new vibe to the whole area. View attachment 3515View attachment 3516 View attachment 3517
While I would love to see that ride come to IOA, I highly doubt they would want to rip out Camp Jurrassic. Plus, manta is right down the street.

My idea is to rip out the abandoned triceratops encounter/trail thing and add well themed, small ride. Islands of Adventure is seriously lacking in mid-tier rides.

My suggestion is a HUSS Top Spin:
tomb-raider-3.jpg

Reactions: anihilnation
While I would love to see that ride come to IOA, I highly doubt they would want to rip out Camp Jurrassic. Plus, manta is right down the street.

My idea is to rip out the abandoned triceratops encounter/trail thing and add well themed, small ride. Islands of Adventure is seriously lacking in mid-tier rides.

My suggestion is a HUSS Top Spin:
tomb-raider-3.jpg

I feel like small attractions like this are more of an amusement park thing. I know that manta is right across, but Universal is in need of a roller coaster, and something new is a flying coaster. The JP area could be so much more popular, and camp Jurassic is kinda run down. I feel like they can work the ride around Camp Jurassic, since the rides main area will be over the triceratops attraction. Sea world isn't really popular so I feel like having a better flying coaster isn't the problem. I think the problem is that it affects the castle view, but it's more to the side so maybe with a few trees it won't be a problem. If the ride is built the castle will only have a slight view of the green track.

I feel like small attractions like this are more of an amusement park thing. I know that manta is right across, but Universal is in need of a roller coaster, and something new is a flying coaster. The JP area could be so much more popular, and camp Jurassic is kinda run down. I feel like they can work the ride around Camp Jurassic, since the rides main area will be over the triceratops attraction. Sea world isn't really popular so I feel like having a better flying coaster isn't the problem. I think the problem is that it affects the castle view, but it's more to the side so maybe with a few trees it won't be a problem. If the ride is built the castle will only have a slight view of the green track.

Why not a wing coaster? Could be themed equally well, first in Orlando and I'd imagine less downtime.

Reactions: UK-Trigg
Why not a wing coaster? Could be themed equally well, first in Orlando and I'd imagine less downtime.

Ya, but those take up a lot of space. They are humongous and I don't universal has the space for that. I was thinking a good wing coaster for transformers. The car for sworn at thorp park looks like a deceptacon.

Ya, but those take up a lot of space. They are humongous and I don't universal has the space for that. I was thinking a good wing coaster for transformers. The car for sworn at thorp park looks like a deceptacon.

I'd take away the DC and use the building as the station and you've got 3 acres. Way more than enough room for a decent wing coaster. Go for something similar to Thunderbird with a launch and you can have an even lower height line with all the thrills.

This is a big coaster taking up 6 acres.

Wild Eagle at Dollywood only take sup 3.5 acres and that's with a lift hill.

Last edited:
I'd take away the DC and use the building as the station and you've got 3 acres. Way more than enough room for a decent wing coaster. Go for something similar to Thunderbird with a launch and you can have an even lower height line with all the thrills.

I think I've heard of awing coaster that's called raptor and i think it would be a great fit for the area. BUT, the DC is kind of a staple of JP I don't think they would take it out. But it's a good idea though.

Reactions: Scott W.
I think I've heard of awing coaster that's called raptor and i think it would be a great fit for the area. BUT, the DC is kind of a staple of JP I don't think they would take it out. But it's a good idea though.

It might be a staple of JP but it's in bad shape. It looks like it hasn't been touched since it opened. The best parts could be moved to Camp Jurassic with an update to Jurassic World.

If you really want to go all out, add the petting zoo from Jurassic World. Have a few remote control dinosaurs that kids can ride and interact with. Have a photographer on hand, sell photo packages and Universal laugh all the way to the bank.

Edit: Raptor looks like a good fit for the feel of the ride. Well themed and relatively compact.

raptor.JPG

Last edited:
Reactions: WAJAS
Wild Eagle at Dollywood only take sup 3.5 acres and that's with a lift hill.

Did not wish to quote the whole post. I have ridden two wing coasters by B&M, namely Wild Eagle at Dollywood and Gatekeeper at Cedar Point. I enjoyed Wild Eagle a great deal but Gatekeeper seemed to lumber (or slumber) through the track elements. They do have a wide ride path as well. Thus, I would think that a mine coaster styled ride would be a better fit. Maybe the Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster, Mack, or even B&M. With the first two designers, they have coasters that can navigate tight turns and all three now have launch coasters.

Reactions: Scott W.
First, no way Universal would remove one of the few things kids can enjoy at IOA (CJ).

I propose Universal build a wild mouse coaster like Primeval Whirl and theme it to Jurassic Park. XD Just kidding...

For one brief moment, I thought that you were serious about the wild mouse thing. Then, I was like, "oh wait, nevermind".

That's an Amazing idea. Then can even add a small ride w the the whole petting zoo.

It could actually be a great idea if only to add more kid friendly experiences if Nintendo is taking away the kidzone from the Studios.

Looking more and more at that Raptor ride, I get the impression that it would be better suited for a DC replacement but I don't want to switch threads from HP to JP and then start talking about that again.

Did not wish to quote the whole post. I have ridden two wing coasters by B&M, namely Wild Eagle at Dollywood and Gatekeeper at Cedar Point. I enjoyed Wild Eagle a great deal but Gatekeeper seemed to lumber (or slumber) through the track elements. They do have a wide ride path as well. Thus, I would think that a mine coaster styled ride would be a better fit. Maybe the Gerstlauer Infinity Coaster, Mack, or even B&M. With the first two designers, they have coasters that can navigate tight turns and all three now have launch coasters.

I've never been on one but I think they look like fun. I think that might also be a selfish wish on my behalf just so I have a better chance of riding one if one arrives in Orlando.

I've heard that a lot about Gatekeeper. The wide ride path is because of how far out the seats are from the track and this can result in intense forces on one side and a much softer experience on the other.

The Infinity style of coaster is a strange one but I'm from the UK and the only experience I've had with them has been The Smiler and the less said the better. On the plus side, you could easily theme the trains to JP Explorer.

jp coaster.jpg

Reactions: Joel and LJGonz
Status
Not open for further replies.