Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 256 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Wing Riders are very blah and take up a ton of space...I don't see Uni taking that route
Unless Universal wants tear Camp Jurassic up, they only have ~1 acre to work with (the abandoned dinosaur encounter attraction). It is most likely that they just let the place rot for the time being. There just isn't much they can do with the land. Its too small for a coaster. That being said, Transformer was built on a <1 acre plot of land. They might be able to squeeze a dark ride in there.

Unless Universal wants tear Camp Jurassic up, they only have ~1 acre to work with (the abandoned dinosaur encounter attraction). It is most likely that they just let the place rot for the time being. There just isn't much they can do with the land. Its too small for a coaster. That being said, Transformer was built on a <1 acre plot of land. They might be able to squeeze a dark ride in there.
I definitely think a mine train can work within one acre...Let's hope it happens

I think If universal keeps the flying dinosaur inside the drawn area, and dosent disturb anything like JP river adventure, Vc, and Hogwarts I think it's a good idea. The ride looks modern and would go good with a JP refurb. (If it comes to UOR the name should be changed tho.)

Camp jurassic is still awesome. Best playground I've ever seen for sure. My kids love it, my wife hates it.

IoA has way bigger fish to fry than camp jurassic. As long as we have dr doom/storm force and Poseidon/Sinbad- there are two other lands that need much more attention.

Camp jurassic is still awesome. Best playground I've ever seen for sure. My kids love it, my wife hates it.

IoA has way bigger fish to fry than camp jurassic. As long as we have dr doom/storm force and Poseidon/Sinbad- there are two other lands that need much more attention.

I love Dr. Doom. I find it way more intense than the hulk which is why I like it. I hope they don't get rid of it. Plus what would they replace it with. The space is way too small. I hope they refurbish it

Reactions: IAmFloridaBorn
I love Dr. Doom. I find it way more intense than the hulk which is why I like it. I hope they don't get rid of it. Plus what would they replace it with. The space is way too small. I hope they refurbish it
Same. I don't know why there is so much hate for Dr. Doom ride. For what it is (A tower ride) its really, really good. You are right, there is no point in removing it

Same. I don't know why there is so much hate for Dr. Doom ride. For what it is (A tower ride) its really, really good. You are right, there is no point in removing it

I love the anticipation and the Gforce you get at the top. I feel like they should refurb it to a more technologic feel, like hulk. But they should keep the industrial steel decor they have. It really fits.

I'd be very leery about Universal dropping a big steel coaster in the middle of what is supposed to be an ultra-lush land. If Universal ever gets around to adding another attraction to Jurassic Park (and I hope they do!), I think it's got to be something hyper-themed and which appeals to a slightly wider slice of the guests than the River Adventure does or a mega-coaster would.

Reactions: Mike S and SkiBum
I'd be very leery about Universal dropping a big steel coaster in the middle of what is supposed to be an ultra-lush land. If Universal ever gets around to adding another attraction to Jurassic Park (and I hope they do!), I think it's got to be something hyper-themed and which appeals to a slightly wider slice of the guests than the River Adventure does or a mega-coaster would.

Agreed. However, when I first read this, I thought that you were saying that you wanted a Hypercoaster and not one that was hyper themed. I was confused as you had just stated that Universal shouldn't drop a steel coaster into this are. I think that a mine train style (but with single or double cars and not like BTMRR) would be awesome. They could keep the lush theming and weave the coaster through it. Plus, parts of the coaster could go through the mines and maybe run into a couple dinos gone bad. You know, the kind that are asking for a buck to go buy some booze.

Reactions: belloq87
Agreed. However, when I first read this, I thought that you were saying that you wanted a Hypercoaster and not one that was hyper themed. I was confused as you had just stated that Universal shouldn't drop a steel coaster into this are. I think that a mine train style (but with single or double cars and not like BTMRR) would be awesome. They could keep the lush theming and weave the coaster through it. Plus, parts of the coaster could go through the mines and maybe run into a couple dinos gone bad. You know, the kind that are asking for a buck to go buy some booze.

I like that Idea but I prefer the flying dinosaur. I feel like a mining steel coaster is too blah. Something different is a flying coaster. Sea world may have a flying coaster, but their park isn't popular. I would think universal could just ha the coaster fly over the trees.

I like that Idea but I prefer the flying dinosaur. I feel like a mining steel coaster is too blah. Something different is a flying coaster. Sea world may have a flying coaster, but their park isn't popular. I would think universal could just ha the coaster fly over the trees.
I think we're all starting to see the problems Universal is running into. :) A small RMC would possibly work.

Status
Not open for further replies.