Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 257 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Agreed. However, when I first read this, I thought that you were saying that you wanted a Hypercoaster and not one that was hyper themed. I was confused as you had just stated that Universal shouldn't drop a steel coaster into this are. I think that a mine train style (but with single or double cars and not like BTMRR) would be awesome. They could keep the lush theming and weave the coaster through it. Plus, parts of the coaster could go through the mines and maybe run into a couple dinos gone bad. You know, the kind that are asking for a buck to go buy some booze.

Sorry for any confusion. I'd be fine with an incredibly well-themed mine coaster, for example, but I don't want anything in the vein of Hulk or Dragon Challenge.

Dr. Doom, for me, is just a poor man's Tower of Terror. Universal is getting to be much better than that.

As to the idea of a JP mine coaster from what I've been reading from insiders about how this was an actual project this is what I interpret happened in the halls of UC:

Creative#1 "How about a JP amber mine coaster?"

Creative#2 "Yeah, that could work as a nice family coaster. JP is one of our biggest franchises."

*some time later after further planning has been done*

C#2 "I'm really liking this. It'll be a very nice addition..."

C#3 "Guys!!! Did you hear?!?!"

C#1&2 "What?"

C#3 "The guys on top just signed with Nintendo!!!"

*C#1 and #2 look at each other deep in thought*

C#2 "Donkey Kong?"

C#1 "Donkey Kong."

*tosses JP plans and goes back to the drawing board*

Dr. Doom, for me, is just a poor man's Tower of Terror. Universal is getting to be much better than that.

As to the idea of a JP mine coaster from what I've been reading from insiders about how this was an actual project this is what I interpret happened in the halls of UC:

Creative#2 "Yeah, that could work as a nice family coaster. JP is one of our biggest franchises."

C#1&2 "What?"

C#2 "Donkey Kong?"

C#1 "Donkey Kong."

Oh jeez, now you did it. Incoming!

Sorry for any confusion

Actually, it was my fault for not reading it. I agree about no Hulk or Dueling Dragons. There are a lot of ways to do a coaster that can be both thrilling and fun. Launches, dark ride sections, quick turns, etc.

You are more than likely 100% correct. JP expansion is probably either postponed indefinitely or will never see the light of day. Replacement of Dragon's Challenge as well as ramping up the Nintendo sector have undoubtedly taken precedent.

I have no problem with Doom disappearing, largely because the ride is soooo short. I do like the queue though, but I generally use my Express since the line is usually long due to it's poor capacity. I've only experienced the queue twice though, since standby is generally too long of a wait. The plus is that the attraction has a very recognizable & iconic footprint and decent theming, and it's a nice thrill. But, a big minus is that the attractions' length is measured in seconds rather than minutes. And also, capacity sucks. Mainly though, I would like more bang for my buck.....I doubt we see anything substantial in Jurassic Park.Kong was, in actuality, it's expansion. But the new park may end up with a JP World.

Reactions: Mike S and SkiBum
I have no problem with Doom disappearing, largely because the ride is soooo short. I do like the queue though, but I generally use my Express since the line is usually long due to it's poor capacity. I've only experienced the queue twice though, since standby is generally too long of a wait. The plus is that the attraction has a very recognizable & iconic footprint and decent theming, and it's a nice thrill. But, a big minus is that the attractions' length is measured in seconds rather than minutes. And also, capacity sucks. Mainly though, I would like more bang for my buck.

Yes, a 45 minute wait for "whee, wheeeee, oh". Hmm, where have I heard that before??? :bolt:

C#1&2 "What?"

C#2 "Donkey Kong?"

C#1 "Donkey Kong."

I LOVE Dr. Doom. I think (IMO) it's the scariest ride in the park. I can ride hulk, and DC NP, but whenever I'm in line for Dr.Doom, I get real quiet. I'm terrified of the whole waiting game, and the G's at the top are more than any ride at UOR. Hulk has a techy feel, spiderman has a cool comic book feel, and Dr. Doom has an eery industrial feel. They all have different scenery that fits in with the marvel universe. I love how it's built in a long alley way, and I love all the noises when ur in line. The drilling, the pounding, the doom bots, the screeching sound that happens before a car goes up, the funeral bell noises while your waiter for Dr dooms voice to come on, the mechanical sounds as if they where still building the towers, and just in general the Vibe. They cat real fit anything into that space, unless they just tear the whole thing down and use the space in back of the hulk. But I don't think that's gonna happen. A good refurb would do nicely to it I think.

Reactions: violarum
Actually, it was my fault for not reading it. I agree about no Hulk or Dueling Dragons. There are a lot of ways to do a coaster that can be both thrilling and fun. Launches, dark ride sections, quick turns, etc.

You are more than likely 100% correct. JP expansion is probably either postponed indefinitely or will never see the light of day. Replacement of Dragon's Challenge as well as ramping up the Nintendo sector have undoubtedly taken precedent.

It's unfortunate tho

I've heard talk of a JPRA revamp/remix (not just a touch up) from a genuine source, but I dunno how far along it is or if it's just blue-sky talk. I do believe the idea is/was to try to have it done by the time Jurassic World 2 hits theaters (June 2018), but I'm not sure how likely that part is.

Now this part is speculation of my own, but my guess is if this does happen they will get Creature Technology Company for the AA's, who did the AA on Kong and Jurassic World the Exhibition.

Anyhow, I know most on this site are more connected to the park side of things than myself, so I'm curious if anyone can corroborate this.

Reactions: Joel and Mike S
We were hearing talk of this late 2015, so it sounds plausible. Sure would be good timing....The thing is, though, that most things have been re evaluated because of the third park plans and Dream Works buy. It'll be interesting if this is on the burner or not. I would love that, since JPR is one of my fav attractions.

We were hearing talk of this late 2015, so it sounds plausible. Sure would be good timing....The thing is, though, that most things have been re evaluated because of the third park plans and Dream Works buy. It'll be interesting if this is on the burner or not. I would love that, since JPR is one of my fav attractions.

I don't want to specify the exact dates I had this 'conversation', but when would the third park and Dreaworks things have possibly come into play, shelving the plans?

Reactions: Mike S

If it does happen, it'd fit the 2018 additions to IOA and (probably) USH if it'd occur. Jurassic Park on both coasts needs changes, as it could make sense to do a renovation on the attraction ala Timber Mountain from Knotts in a sense.

I think it's not impossible, but there needs to be more backing up for me to think that it can happen.

Universal won't remove Dr. Doom anytime soon. The space it takes up is too small to replace it with something substantially better.

I really like the ride. You have to remember that shot towers are by their nature short experiences.

Universal won't remove Dr. Doom anytime soon. The space it takes up is too small to replace it with something substantially better.

I really like the ride. You have to remember that shot towers are by their nature short experiences.

There's a surprising amount of room in that area.

To get the topic back on track. If we're given the choice of a coaster and a family friendly ride for here or HP, what would you choose?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.