Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 296 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
...Food for thought, what if this explains why there are things going on in that portion of the lake bordering Hogsmeade and Jurassic?
I suspect they are trying to mitigate the ground work/pile driving impact on the lagoon occurring from the New coaster? area.

I suspect they are trying to mitigate the ground work/pile driving impact on the lagoon occurring from the New coaster? area.

Maybe, but then there lies the question of the Trike plot.

A thought I have, perhaps UC and Gravity Group discussed things during IAAPA, and that it could be a coaster similar to the ZDT Switchback from 2015, but heavily themed to be matching the Raptor Encounter (with that getting an expanded M&G)?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
Maybe, but then there lies the question of the Trike plot.

A thought I have, perhaps UC and Gravity Group discussed things during IAAPA, and that it could be a coaster similar to the ZDT Switchback from 2015, but heavily themed to be matching the Raptor Encounter (with that getting an expanded M&G)?
Whoosh.....right over my pinhead

Whoosh.....right over my pinhead

Oh trust me, I have my head in my ass for information, as I actually really don't know what is exactly in this project and am merely guessing.

That would make it Orlando's third wooden coaster, in the ranks of White Lightning from Fun Spot and Coastersaurus from Legoland Florida.

When I was there recently, they had a barrier in place just above the bypass bridge. Like an oil spill containment setup. The lagoon behind it was turbid and muddy as hell. It seemed contained however. As the lagoon supplys bilge rats and dudleys a muddy lagoon would be bad.

I’m a little confused about the placement of this coaster.

If it’s getting anywhere near Discovery Center, wouldn’t it be literally in the middle of the land? How would that work out logistically without it looking like something out of Six Flags?

Reactions: happy bunny rabbit
I’m a little confused about the placement of this coaster.

If it’s getting anywhere near Discovery Center, wouldn’t it be literally in the middle of the land? How would that work out logistically without it looking like something out of Six Flags?

To be fair, it wouldn't be the first that a JP land had a coaster that seemed out of place a bit (looks at Osaka with intent).

I forget the name but the old Terminator ride at Magic Mountain is the roughest coaster I’ve been on. Maybe even the roughest thing I’ve ever been on and I’m from Scotland.
The ride recently got re-tracked and it's nowhere near as rough anymore. I think it may of got new trains too but I'm not sure.

I forget the name but the old Terminator ride at Magic Mountain is the roughest coaster I’ve been on. Maybe even the roughest thing I’ve ever been on and I’m from Scotland.

They just built one at Kings Island and it's a blast. It's a very aggressive coaster and a lot of fun. Granted it is brand new, but I didn't find it rough at all.

That being said, I'd be at least mildly surprised to see them build a wood coaster.

Reactions: JoeCamel
Status
Not open for further replies.