Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 297 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
They just built one at Kings Island and it's a blast. It's a very aggressive coaster and a lot of fun. Granted it is brand new, but I didn't find it rough at all.

That being said, I'd be at least mildly surprised to see them build a wood coaster.
I rode that coaster last year. Really incredible ride. I just cant see a wooden coaster with that kind of pace holding up long term. I wouldn't want anyone in Florida to bother given the climate and increased wear and tear.

I hope the orlando informer events keep being a thing. I would deff consider doing that in 2019 since I'm letting my pass expire and doing LA. There really isn't a better deal for people who want to do everything without buying a one day park2park.

Reactions: Ashhanbre
I rode that coaster last year. Really incredible ride. I just cant see a wooden coaster with that kind of pace holding up long term. I wouldn't want anyone in Florida to bother given the climate and increased wear and tear.

I hope the orlando informer events keep being a thing. I would deff consider doing that in 2019 since I'm letting my pass expire and doing LA. There really isn't a better deal for people who want to do everything without buying a one day park2park.
I don't think it is going to be a woody...It would probably be like BTM or Everest, where it looks like wood, but is actually steel

From what I know, Wooden Coasters don't do very well in FL, with the humidity and all
Those rides are still going to wear worse than steel, but at least they are pretty compact coasters and retrack work is not too difficult. I wouldn't want a much larger wooden coaster with this setup.

From what I know, Wooden Coasters don't do very well in FL, with the humidity and all

I have not heard anything really bad when it comes to White Lightning and Mine Blower, which are done with no wooden supports at all. The only wooden coaster with actual wood with the supports in Orlando is Coastersaurus at LEGOLand.

It's only wooden aspect, is the track. And that can be easily reprofiled if things get worse, but I would imagine Gravity Group (or whoever it'd be) and Universal would ensure that the attraction can run at the best that it can be.

Who knows. Perhaps it isn't a wooden coaster, and is maybe something more steel and compact (in track size, and layout size), as Rocky Mountain is unveiling a themed model of their RMC Raptor (which looks absolutely lovely for a steel coaster).

I have not heard anything really bad when it comes to White Lightning and Mine Blower, which are done with no wooden supports at all. The only wooden coaster with actual wood with the supports in Orlando is Coastersaurus at LEGOLand.

It's only wooden aspect, is the track. And that can be easily reprofiled if things get worse, but I would imagine Gravity Group (or whoever it'd be) and Universal would ensure that the attraction can run at the best that it can be.

Who knows. Perhaps it isn't a wooden coaster, and is maybe something more steel and compact (in track size, and layout size), as Rocky Mountain is unveiling a themed model of their RMC Raptor (which looks absolutely lovely for a steel coaster).
RMCs are great, but I feel they are made for larger wooden coasters like Mean Streak->Steel Vengence type construction

I wouldn't mind an RMC coming, but again, I feel it is going to be like BTM where it works with the terrain

I would love love love an RMC in FL though

Does anyone know if RMC has done a compact themed layout for one of their rides?

Does anyone know if RMC has done a compact themed layout for one of their rides?

The California Great America attraction, using the RMC Raptor Tech, has theming as a part of the attraction's aesthetics.

But it's also fair to mention that the Raptor is not one of their hybrids, and is a absolute speed machine as it's testing right now at Six Flags Fiesta Texas for their Wonder Woman themed RMC Raptor coaster.

The California Great America attraction, using the RMC Raptor Tech, has theming as a part of the attraction's aesthetics.

But it's also fair to mention that the Raptor is not one of their hybrids, and is a absolute speed machine as it's testing right now at Six Flags Fiesta Texas for their Wonder Woman themed RMC Raptor coaster.
Yes, the Wonder Woman one looks like it is going uncomfortably fast

A Raptor track would be great for Sea World or BGT...I don't think it is something UC wants in IOA though

Yes, the Wonder Woman one looks like it is going uncomfortably fast

A Raptor track would be great for Sea World or BGT...I don't think it is something UC wants in IOA though

To be blunt, I think we should not rule it out, considering that Universal Creative put a freaking Flying Coaster that dominates the JP area Skyline in the Osaka park.

Who's to say they couldn't find a way to make a highly themed, and highly thrilling RMC Raptor coaster fit into Jurassic? The same goes to any form of a coaster in Jurassic.

Reactions: Ryno27
To be blunt, I think we should not rule it out, considering that Universal Creative put a freaking Flying Coaster that dominates the JP area Skyline in the Osaka park.

Who's to say they couldn't find a way to make a highly themed, and highly thrilling RMC Raptor coaster fit into Jurassic? The same goes to any form of a coaster in Jurassic.
I actually think an rmc compact design could work really well for a mountain type coaster.

An interesting thing about RMC's single rail track is the lack of visable rails and cross ties seen on all other coasters. There's quite a few creative theming opportunities using a flush-surfaced track instead of a traditional railroad like design.

Reactions: AlexanderMBush
I forget the name but the old Terminator ride at Magic Mountain is the roughest coaster I’ve been on. Maybe even the roughest thing I’ve ever been on and I’m from Scotland.

The roughness of Terminator/Apocalypse is more due to the general upkeep of Magic Mountain rather then GCI itself. I've never had a issue with any other GCI being rough. Now Gravity Group on the other hand...

I have not heard anything really bad when it comes to White Lightning and Mine Blower, which are done with no wooden supports at all.

I've been seeing quite a bit of reports that Mine Blower unfortunately has it's rough spots, which brings up what I was gonna' say bout' the rumor of JP getting a TGG woodie. For me I have a Love/Hate relationship with the Gravity Group, their coasters can have amazing layouts (eg, Hades, Voyage), but anytime they let loose like that, those coasters always get bogged down by some serious roughness issues. With Hades, you could argue that Mt. Olympus has not well maintained that coaster, hence the roughness. But with Holiday World, they've honestly tried everything outside of RMCing it to keep the Voyage in shape and nothing has worked for the long term. I want to love the Voyage due to it's amazing layout, but that coaster is so rough it tries giving me a headache every time. An' when a coaster tries giving you a full-on headache while riding it, I'm sorry, it's too rough. (An' it sure ain't "aggressive" like some people try to defend it as.)

It honestly feels like the only TGG woodies which don't suffer from roughness are the junior coasters/Twister at Grona Lund (Which is really small/compact). If that's what the JP coaster ends up being, I might not be as worried. But if they're going for something bigger then that, oh dear.

I'm over the moon excited about another JP ride especially if its the Amber Mine theme BUT does anyone find it a little strange that we're getting two mostly outdoor themed coasters built one year apart, in the same park, and essentially right next to each other? They're also both going to be rides that close in bad weather and I thought UC was trying to remedy the issue of so many IOA rides closing during a thunderstorm. Oh well! It seems like an odd choice but I'm hyped regardless. Bring it on!

Don't quote me on this, but I would not be surprised that if Universal is building a GG coaster in JP, that it might be on the level of Oscar's Wacky Taxi in terms of aggressiveness.

Do you mean level of intensity or level of scale? If this is what we're talking about it's going to be more like a wooden JP version of Flight of Hippogriff rather than something like Seven Dwarfs Mine Train. I assumed this would be a solid family D-ticket so if we get something like Wacky Taxi that would be disappointing.

Status
Not open for further replies.