Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 299 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Here's a quote from an article I wrote for UUOP back in February:

Over in Jurassic Park there seems to be a new rumor every year. Three years ago it was for a new dark ride that starts in the Discovery Center. Last year people claimed the Flying Dinosaur coaster from Japan was coming. Recently the rumor is a family wooden roller coaster is coming to the island, either on the unused Triceratops Trail plot or even replacing the Discovery Center according to some reports. As with all the other Jurassic Park rumors through the years, I'll believe it when I see construction start.
The idea has been floating around the last few months, which is probably why people are linking a "coaster" concept to the new number.

If it weren't for Manta just down the road (which it may not be in a few years' time anyway), Flying Dinosaur would be a no-brainer.

Here's a quote from an article I wrote for UUOP back in February:

Over in Jurassic Park there seems to be a new rumor every year. Three years ago it was for a new dark ride that starts in the Discovery Center. Last year people claimed the Flying Dinosaur coaster from Japan was coming. Recently the rumor is a family wooden roller coaster is coming to the island, either on the unused Triceratops Trail plot or even replacing the Discovery Center according to some reports. As with all the other Jurassic Park rumors through the years, I'll believe it when I see construction start.
The idea has been floating around the last few months, which is probably why people are linking a "coaster" concept to the new number.

I’ve never really seen @Marni1971 post here but I know their posts carry great weight and if it sounds like they’re hinting something then this is the outcome.

Personally, I don’t think a coaster is the right way to go. I think JP needs a good refurbishment and there’s plenty of room in the back to accommodate a Great Dining Hall to the back of the HP showbuilding to allow for such an experience. IOA needs indoor rides and JP lends itself to practical applications more than most IPs which Universal also needs. The Discovery Center is in a prime location hosting a current and relevant IP and what they offer is frankly embarrassing.

What I think they could put in there is too much of a copycat idea like what @Teebin said above about Manta being just down the road of a JP keep ride but it would be too similar to Dinosaur.

If the next addition to IOA is another outdoor coaster, right next to where a new outdoor coaster is being built right now, in a park that desperately needs more indoor attractions/dark rides... AND to top it all off, uses a boring theme that's a waste for the IP (amber mines... really?)... :ack::ack::ack:

Count me in on not thinking it's real, anyway. How many of these one-off so called insider tips have we discussed in the past few months that have not resulted in anything? Far too many.

Reactions: Mike S
Like @Brian G. I'll recap what I know. There is a JP project up next after Potter. It is 'raptor related. They are going to be moving the raptor experience to make way for the new attraction. I believe that moving of the meet and greet is temporary. And we should see movement very soon.

I have had no actual confirmation on it being a coaster, but that is what the current rumor mill has been mentioning. It is not the old amber mine rumor, but a large jr. coaster or small family coaster.

As for my thoughts, I find it odd that Universal would follow a coaster with a coaster. But woodies are quick to build, they technically lost 2 coasters with DC, and I can see them wanting on the hype train for Jurassic World.

Like @Brian G. I'll recap what I know. There is a JP project up next after Potter. It is 'raptor related. They are going to be moving the raptor experience to make way for the new attraction. I believe that moving of the meet and greet is temporary. And we should see movement very soon.

I have had no actual confirmation on it being a coaster, but that is what the current rumor mill has been mentioning. It is not the old amber mine rumor, but a large jr. coaster or small family coaster.

As for my thoughts, I find it odd that Universal would follow a coaster with a coaster. But woodies are quick to build, they technically lost 2 coasters with DC, and I can see them wanting on the hype train for Jurassic World.
Would this mean the end of the flyers? It would seem odd to have two jr/kid coasters side by side.

Why not? Transformers is the same system as Spider-Man and opened 14 years later in a different park. F&F is the same system as Kong and opens 2 years after in a different park. The next logical step is to use a similar ride system in the same park within a year of each other.

They are going to be moving the raptor experience to make way for the new attraction. I believe that moving of the meet and greet is temporary. And we should see movement very soon.[/USER]

Sounds (what do the young people say these days?) legit. :wave:

This whole thing could be a marriage made in heaven. Something old, something new, something borrowed...

Last edited:

Aw hell. Might as well join in on the parade.

Jurassic Park is getting a lot of love soon, especially when the Summer ends.

it's part of a ploy along w/ RP1 to appease Mr. Spielberg as a means to close ET I tell you.

Disclosure. I have no inside info, I like to kid around a lot/have dry sarcasm (esp on the webs). As one has stated, a roller coaster could be a fast way to add capacity...I assume they would through love at the River Adventure as well...they keep attracting more families, JW was a big success....Comcast is investing in the park more so than any other previous owner I can think of....anything is possible and I imagine some find it fun to arm chair....

Reactions: JoeCamel
I hope something happens here. With all the rumours and inside info over the past 6 months coming and going, this rumour is a great starting point in the direction that Universal is going to take. It clears up a little of the mystery about what could be going into the new park by cementing JP's place at the resort and it shows that Universal have chosen what path they're taking after all their u-turns.

This feels good.

So maybe they decided that "Jurassic Park" is a more well-known brand than Jurassic World and would rather upgrade the current land than to open a new entire re-branded World land?

Status
Not open for further replies.