Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 32 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Straight from the Spirit.

"OK, this is news, but not Disney-related per se, although since folks have asked about it ... have it on very solid info that the JP E-Ticket at IOA will be a hypercoaster (B&M?) attraction ... and the other will be a walk-through interactive experience (more C-Ticket) that stretches down to the water from the old Trike Encounter locale."

Now this is more like it, thank you UNI!
Agreed. I'm still hoping to get my "Flying Coaster" shaped like a Pterodactyl lol

Id hope for something a little more than Hollywood Dream. Seems a little force less from what i have seen and heard. And besides the station and que, its really hard to theme a coaster itself. As much as id love a larger coaster I would almost rather see them build some family type stuff in JP

- - - Updated - - -

200ft to 299ft I believe is considered a hyper

Manta?
Kraken?
Montu?
Cheetah Hunt?
Dueling Dragons?
Mummy?

In my opinion are all well theme coasters. From their carts to the track and the sounds. Although it's be nice if Kraken had a roar like the Hulk and Cheetah Hunt had a growl or something, but I definitely get your drift. I think it can be done if one gives it the time.

- - - Updated - - -

Fun fact for you Pterodactyls actually weren't Dinosaurs and are actually a diverse group called Pterosaurs. The one most commonly seen in media is called Pteranodon.

Ahhh, thanks. Lol. Didn't know that. I wonder if any other prehistoric creatures could fly?

Manta?*
Kraken?
Montu?
Cheetah Hunt?*
Dueling Dragons?
Mummy?

In my opinion are all well theme coasters. *From their carts to the track and the sounds. Although it's be nice if Kraken had a roar like the Hulk and Cheetah Hunt had a growl or something, but I definitely get your drift. I think it can be done if one gives it the time.

- - - Updated - - -

I was meaning their tracks really intricately themed into their environment, sort of like how Thunder Mountain's railroad tracks fit in within the mountain. Id would be hard/highly expensive to blend the track of a hyper coaster but sure it could be done. The station and trains are the easy part

I was meaning their tracks really intricately themed into their environment, sort of like how Thunder Mountain's railroad tracks fit in within the mountain. Id would be hard/highly expensive to blend the track of a hyper coaster but sure it could be done. The station and trains are the easy part

Yep, hard to blend in track at 200+ft

Ahh Okay, got you. I see .

First time poster, long time reader. Here's a crazy idea that popped in my head. Could a larger rollercoaster be added to offset any possible future plans to remove Dueling Dragons (sorry I prefer the old name)?

I think to myself, "nah they'd never close dragons", then I realized, that is what I said about Jaws. Hasn't DD's attendance been kind of low lately? It'd certainly give Universal quite a bit of room to add some more Potter stuff. Anyways, I hope Dragon Challenge is around for awhile. As far as a hyper coster in Jurassic Park, it seems a little odd. I feel like it would stick out and be very Six Flags like. Like other people have said before, there is not much theming you can do with a large roller coaster. We'll see what happens.

I think to myself, "nah they'd never close dragons", then I realized, that is what I said about Jaws. Hasn't DD's attendance been kind of low lately? It'd certainly give Universal quite a bit of room to add some more Potter stuff. Anyways, I hope Dragon Challenge is around for awhile. As far as a hyper coster in Jurassic Park, it seems a little odd. I feel like it would stick out and be very Six Flags like. Like other people have said before, there is not much theming you can do with a large roller coaster. We'll see what happens.
Well almost what gent was saying if they do indeed close two roller coasters then they need to replace these two coasters with two new attractions.Jurassic Park or not. Be it one a roller coaster and something else, both roller coasters, or whatever. It just isn't fair for the thrill seekers that do get a kick out of riding dragons.

First time poster, long time reader. Here's a crazy idea that popped in my head. Could a larger rollercoaster be added to offset any possible future plans to remove Dueling Dragons (sorry I prefer the old name)?

:welcome:

I hope Dragons aren't going anywhere. I don't think they're gonna be taken out either. It's very rare to see a theme park replace big coasters like that, least of all two. As sad as I am that they don't duel anymore, they're both still awesome coasters. All I'm hoping for now, is for them to spruce up the theming a bit more. At least the indoor queue and ride vehicles. If they spruce up the outside, like add trees, etc. in the area where the coaster runs, that's be awesome too.

Reactions: Mike
As much as I like Dragons, it never has a line anymore (Which is sad, bc I personally think it's better than Hulk)and it takes up a decent amount of land that would be ideal to be used for any future Potter expansion.

If you want to theme a roller coaster in JP make the ride supports and track look like dino bones with a track on top of.
In other words make it look like they used the JP environment and just slapped a coaster track on top of
Kinda like HRRR was shoehorned into Studio's
except add stuff to hold up track ,like the top of the discovery center, going over /thru JPRA and flyers
It wouldn't ruin the theme of JPRA if you can see the coaster since this is a theme park island

:welcome:

I hope Dragons aren't going anywhere. I don't think they're gonna be taken out either. It's very rare to see a theme park replace big coasters like that, least of all two. As sad as I am that they don't duel anymore, they're both still awesome coasters. All I'm hoping for now, is for them to spruce up the theming a bit more. At least the indoor queue and ride vehicles. If they spruce up the outside, like add trees, etc. in the area where the coaster runs, that's be awesome too.
I've always wanted some landscaping in or around the dragons. Be really neat.

As much as I like Dragons, it never has a line anymore (Which is sad, bc I personally think it's better than Hulk)and it takes up a decent amount of land that would be ideal to be used for any future Potter expansion.
I personally thing the dragons are better than the hulk as well:peace:

If you want to theme a roller coaster in JP make the ride supports and track look like dino bones with a track on top of.
In other words make it look like they used the JP environment and just slapped a coaster track on top of
Kinda like HRRR was shoehorned into Studio's
except add stuff to hold up track ,like the top of the discovery center, going over /thru JPRA and flyers
It wouldn't ruin the theme of JPRA if you can see the coaster since this is a theme park island

Nice idea. IF HRRR had supports in the shape of speakers and a "Record" or "CD" as a tent cover, it'd fit into the music video theming lol.

The only thing that would fit there would be a Forbidden Forest attraction, and we already have the FF within FJ, so I doubt this is in the cards.

Maybe they will hide the Potter show building behind one of these:

3oBao.jpg

The only thing that would fit there would be a Forbidden Forest attraction, and we already have the FF within FJ, so I doubt this is in the cards.
Just because the land is where it is doesn't mean that the entrance would have to be where Dragons' is.

Just throwin' in here, that the second part of this plan (the waterfront walkthrough) sounds great! Would really like that. But if it means 160' Hyper, as much as even I love B&Ms in particular, not in JP thanks. My ideal at this point would be something around 70 or 80', steel rather than wood and well themed (say, at least to SDMT levels... Perhaps Hong Kong Big Grizzly Mountain kinda level). A Mack coaster would be perfect here actually (see Blue Fire at Europa Park, The Storm at Etnaland or Manta San Diego if you don't know).

Status
Not open for further replies.