Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10) | Page 31 | Inside Universal Forums

Jurassic World VelociCoaster Construction Thread (Opening June 10)

• Signing up for a Premium Membership is a donation to help Inside Universal maintain costs and offers an ad-free experience on the forum. Learn more about it here.
Status
Not open for further replies.
The fact that he uses the qualifier "yet" means there is some legs to this. I'm not getting my hopes up for any of these JP projects at this point as so many have been tossed around. It seems something will definitely happen and that's great in itself (although I personally would love to see the JP Dark Ride!).

Cool. I mean, B&M would be great :thumbs: but a "Hyper Coaster" in JP? :inquisitive:

There has always been expansion plans for Jurassic Park, and I'm NOT talking about Jeeps or Helicopters. Some of "these" expansion concepts date back to as far as 2001 when they were first pitched. Btw it would fit, I assure you :wave:

I would personally interpret Hypercoaster more in the sense of a large non looping steel coaster. B&M can do wonders with a shorter lift hill and it can be easily hidden by scenery. They have already built two shorter than 200 ft hypercoasters, which are Goliath all the way up in Canada stand 170 feet tall and Hollywood Dream: The Ride at Universal Japan. Hollywood Dream is pretty much the perfect coaster for that park. Amazing capacity too! They run 4 36 seats trains, using a single lift hill, a mid course brake and dual a la Disney style stations.

A hypercoaster? In Jurassic Park? Yeah... this might be the single worst idea they could possibly come up with. Too bad to be true, which is why I'm calling BS here and now.

If they did something like Hollywood Dream in Japan I wouldn't mind (minus the choose your music part, duh :lol:). It's only 144 feet but they could do a good job covering it up:

[video=youtube;c9zXZU8HyHU]http://www.youtube.com/watch?nomobile=1&v=c9zXZU8HyHU[/video]

What is exactly is a hypercoaster i'm genuinely curious. I want to know more about theme park lingo, so I'll probably be asking these seemingly stupid questions because I'm literally sitting here confused as heck about what you guys are talking about, and I'll still want to make an input but I need to know what I'm talking about first so

Yeah hypercoasters guys those are?

Id hope for something a little more than Hollywood Dream. Seems a little force less from what i have seen and heard. And besides the station and que, its really hard to theme a coaster itself. As much as id love a larger coaster I would almost rather see them build some family type stuff in JP

- - - Updated - - -

What is exactly is a hypercoaster i'm genuinely curious. I want to know more about theme park lingo, so I'll probably be asking these seemingly stupid questions because I'm literally sitting here confused as heck about what you guys are talking about, and I'll still want to make an input but I need to know what I'm talking about first so

Yeah hypercoasters guys those are?

200ft to 299ft I believe is considered a hyper

Last edited:
First time poster, long time reader. Here's a crazy idea that popped in my head. Could a larger rollercoaster be added to offset any possible future plans to remove Dueling Dragons (sorry I prefer the old name)?

First time poster, long time reader. Here's a crazy idea that popped in my head. Could a larger rollercoaster be added to offset any possible future plans to remove Dueling Dragons (sorry I prefer the old name)?

I guess really anything is possible, although I would be sad to see the Dragons leave.

Hey "Hatetofly" don't mean to keep bugging you for info but I was wondering if you could maybe discuss some of the old Jurassic Park attraction concepts that are NOT being considered anymore? If you even know what is and what is not being considered anymore as to avoid getting in trouble. Thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.